Review Round 17, 2020 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Much better quarter to finish the game. The class started to shine through once the game opened up.

I'd say a lot of that win was set up by the defence. They held up and took a lot of intercept marks. Had both Lester and Rich in my votes and maybe could have gone to Answerth as well for his job on Papley.

Lyons was BoG for me and I also had votes for Oscar in the middle. Both were very instrumental in the wet conditions

And then final vote went to McStay. Big marking in those conditions is absolute gold. Made a huge difference to the game and should show a few people why he is in the team. Hipwood, Bailey and Cameron also had some good moments up forward. I am a little critical on Rayner for constantly flying for marks tonight. Think he could have been a bit smarter and stayed on the ground in the wet.

I was a little critical on the selection of Hinge. Wasnt sure on what he would offer but he did quite well. I still am not certain on where he fits in the team but he offers decent depth.

Smith had some decent moments in the ruck but think we either need Martin or a forward/ruck in the team soon

I thought CEY worked his way into the game quite well after looking like he had concrete shoes on in the first quarter.

And for all the criticism he cops, I thought Archie did really well and started to get some self belief. Had some constructive and meaningful disposals as the game went on.

The spread of votes says it all. We are a team. We aren't the Harris Andrews Football Club, or the Lachie Neale Lions. Last year it was the Charlie Cameron FC.

We have so many strings to a nicely drawn bow and we're ready to fire come finals. Strong effort tonight in tough conditions.

Well done boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fab 5- Rich, Gardiner, Oscar, Lyons, McStay.

IMO that was a very impressive win, 3rd game in 10 days in a rain drenched slog fest, the Swans were up for it and we lifted when needed.

How fantastic was Hippy's goal in the last quarter, would have been topped by Oscars 75 meter torp if it went through though.

Good last quarter happy with how we played.
One criticism..... charlie Cameron has done this a few times now.... he will snap for goal and just lob it to the goal line (the one where rayner just can't really do anything with it) ..... if you're 35 out and snapping..... just goal and it should be sailing at least a third of the height of the posts .... this has happened on a fair few occasions and its either resulted in a behind or just a mark to the opposition....

I thought CEY worked his way into the game quite well after looking like he had concrete shoes on in the first quarter.

And for all the criticism he cops, I thought Archie did really well and started to get some self belief. Had some constructive and meaningful disposals as the game went on.
He kick started that last quarter take away.
Archie that is!

I reckon Mitch Hinge would have nearly gone at 100% with his disposal?

14 touches @ 84.6

Is he ahead of Starc though? Or can we play all 3 of Answerth, Hinge and Starc? Id drop Birchall to bring back in Starc myself.

Great response from us in the last quarter.

I was sh!tting bricks when they got within 2 points

If we have a kick from 45 after the siren to win a big final, I want Zac to have the shot.

He is easily the most technically correct and reliable set shot for goal in our side.

The camera shot from behind him for that last shot was a thing of beauty

Him or Jarrod Lyons please.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back