Autopsy Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question

Do the people that were suggesting we should be sacking Ratten 3 weeks ago still believe this or has the last 3 weeks changed things for you?

i didn't call for him to be sacked and TBH i thought he'd make finals next year anyways, softer draw and all that. the worry is if he gets extended for 2 years off of making finals in 2022, and then the pendulum continues between finals and no finals.

but i think people were venting at the poor performance which is to be expected, having said that although we were more competitive and winning the job isn't over. if he goes onto drop more games through to the end of the year then the criticism will rightly start again.

missing finals will have to carry a degree of criticism.

if he makes finals from here it will be a massive turn around.

So if we miss finals, then we would be 7-12 right? And we got the 1-6 draw this year (finishing 6th in 2020).

So if we miss finals this year, we would get an easier draw in 2022 than we did in 2021.

Theoretically of course.
You make finals if you finish 7th or 8th.

So again, you could finish 12th (miss finals) and have a harder draw than 7th (make finals) because from 7th to 12th you fall into the 2nd bracket of difficulty for the following years fixture.

i didn't call for him to be sacked and TBH i thought he'd make finals next year anyways, softer draw and all that. the worry is if he gets extended for 2 years then and the pendulum continues between finals and no finals.

but i think people were venting at the poor performance which is to be expected, having said that although we were more competitive and winning the job isn't over. if he goes onto drop more games through to the end of the year then the criticism will rightly start again.

missing finals will have to carry a degree of criticism.

if he makes finals from here it will be a massive turn around.
Citiciszing a coach and genuinely calling him for to be sacked are completely different things.

Citiciszing a coach and genuinely calling him for to be sacked are completely different things.

i agree but you have to remember people were pretty damn shitty with the results and rightfully so. they're allowed to vent. asking for ratts to be sacked off the back of some seriously bad football isn't exactly unexpected!

they're not running the club. they're forum posters!

i agree but you have to remember people were pretty damn shitty with the results and rightfully so. they're allowed to vent. asking for ratts to be sacked off the back of some seriously bad football isn't exactly unexpected!

Yep and people are allowed to remember that and remind them. I will keep saying this n it’s never as bad as it seems and never as good as it seems.

Not really arguing it either to be honest. Pedantic sh*t aside. If we miss finals we still look in decent shape for next year.

I actually thought fixture was based on final position (post finals) but honestly whatever. Good win rah rah
Just trying to explain to you how they work it out, that's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really arguing it either to be honest. Pedantic sh*t aside. If we miss finals we still look in decent shape for next year.

I actually thought fixture was based on final position (post finals) but honestly whatever. Good win rah rah
It is post finals but in blocks. That’s why we were so stiff this year. Got wce who actually finished top 6 but dropped to 7th after losing the first final plus 3 from the top 6 plus one that was in the bottom 6 but is now a top 6 side.

We look a completely different side than we did early in the year. Has to give us confidence going into 2022 regardless.

It is post finals but in blocks. That’s why we were so stiff this year. Got wce who actually finished top 6 but dropped to 7th after losing the first final plus 3 from the top 6 plus one that was in the bottom 6 but is now a top 6 side.
I mean I could take my shirt off again but I'll just say this is bang on. The reason our fixture seems so bad this year is because of the fact that we played three teams in the top six and one of those TECHNICALLY had a worse overall season due to losing week one of finals despite the fact they had a better home and away season.

Really? I thought our opinions went straight to Matt Finnis and that's how the club was ran?

So then if we make finals, win one (or two) our draw would be harder than if we don’t make finals at all...
Yep. Also harder than if we made finals but didn't win one.

We would be stiff whatever happens to be harder than this year not that has been our problem early in the year.
I actually think it turned out to be not as hard as others made out. Depends on when you play sides during a season and what kind of form they are in. At the start of the year playing Richmond twice and Brisbane away seemed tough but now it doesn't look so bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back