Round 17 - Hawks v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to the club, and then promptly upgraded my tickets to a reserved seat.

I'd get in pretty quickly, even with a reserved seat I ended up in Q54 of the Olympic stand in row R. I did have to buy a block of 10 tickets though, so smaller amount will probably end up in a better position than that. But I wouldn't bet on it.

For both the pies and dons game I want to upgrade to a standing room ticket. Is this just a matter of keeping an eye out on the tickettek website to see when the standing room tickets become available? What has happened in the past? If all seats don't sell can you just turn up and stand?
Thanks!

I know we kicked 17 goals yesterday but I don't think our forward line functioned all that well.
If we have a weakness right now I think that would be it.

I know we kicked 17 goals yesterday but I don't think our forward line functioned all that well.
If we have a weakness right now I think that would be it.

I don't know if it was our forward line not functioning or more to do with the fact that we did not play Ethihad all that well, it seemed a bit of a scrappy game to me, I think the Bulldogs closed down our space pretty well, there were not many occasions where we showed our talent by foot like we have consistently for the month or so prior, if we played them at the G we would have won by 100 yesterday.

Should be a ripping game.

I think Reid vs Roughead could be the key matchup.

Reid hasn't been in great form and seems to be lacking a yard of pace since coming back from injury.

Don't forget to head down to Vic Park for the VFL game at 10:30 before hand, free entry at Vic Park for everyone.

For both the pies and dons game I want to upgrade to a standing room ticket. Is this just a matter of keeping an eye out on the tickettek website to see when the standing room tickets become available? What has happened in the past? If all seats don't sell can you just turn up and stand?
Thanks!

If you're a 19 game member, you should be able to walk in for standing room as a ticket to that game as a gen admin is built into that membership. But call the club membership hotline just to be 100% certain. That's my advice.

I don't know if it was our forward line not functioning or more to do with the fact that we did not play Ethihad all that well, it seemed a bit of a scrappy game to me, I think the Bulldogs closed down our space pretty well, there were not many occasions where we showed our talent by foot like we have consistently for the month or so prior, if we played them at the G we would have won by 100 yesterday.

I agree if the game was at the G it would have been a bigger margin, but from where i was sitting yesterday(level 3) the doggies were flooding back and clogging our forward line, trying to create a turnover then rush it forward into an open forward line.

We usually like to play a spare man in defence but this would be pointless against the doggies team yesterday as they had no real forward presence so clarko made their defence accountable by not allowing them a loose man. Thats why i believe our forward line looked dysfunctional coz there was no space early.

As the game progressed fatigue set in and their pressure waned and there were holes everywhere.

I thought we played with a lack of intensity which led to us looking like we didnt play etihad well, but i said it early to my mates, it was obvious the players had one eye on this week.

IThey have lost Ball but gain Beams who is in great form. Tarrant and Maxwell are handy ins.
Buddy out is a big loss but Roughy comes in so that's like for like.
Shiels and Poppy are the bonuses for us.

I don't see any significant advantages to either side from the changes.

In all honesty, I can't see how anyone could say that. The big difference between the changes is that Collingwood have brought in seasoned guys who have played a lot of footy. Hawthorn have brought in some seasoned guys with a lot of footy, but they replace seasoned guys who have played a lot of footy. Our guys have replaced Seedsman, Yagmoor, Paine and Rounds who had played less than a handful of games between them going into that game. We tired because these kids couldn't keep with more seasoned opponents.

Hawthorn are an excellent side and certainly a shot at the flag so I can understand the annoyance over the apparent disrespect people are seeing from Collingwood supporters saying "we will smash them". But the big thing for us is no Buddy. Buddy has an unbelievable record against Collingwood, and in round 1 he was the matchwinner. With out him I think the dangerous forwards will be Rioli and Puopolo, but if we can shut down Rioli (big if) then the Hawk forward line seems a lot more manageable. I think Roughy is a good chance for 2-3 goals and a solid game, but while contesting the ruck I am not sure he can kick the 5+ Franklin would.
Beams will go with Mitchell I would assume, Sewell to Pendles and Lewis with Swan. The result of those 3 matchups will pretty much decide the game in my opinion, along with how well we are able to stop Gibson's influence in the defensive 50 (thinking either Tarrant or Goldsack will play a defensive role).

Can anyone tell me whether great southern section M3 will be the hawks or pies supporters end this weekend ?
Thanks

Can anyone tell me whether great southern section M3 will be the hawks or pies supporters end this weekend ?
Thanks

It's Collingwood home game and there cheer squad will be at the City end as they are for all the home games. Our cheer squad will be at the Punt rd end.

It all gets down to Hale V Jolly. Hale has had a golden two months, if he can bring that game and beat or break even with Jolly we will win with a leg in the air.

Be interesting to see if Gilly can hold his spot. They will try and isolate Cloke, would love to see Gilly rise to a challenge and actually play FB on a decent opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty, I can't see how anyone could say that. The big difference between the changes is that Collingwood have brought in seasoned guys who have played a lot of footy. Hawthorn have brought in some seasoned guys with a lot of footy, but they replace seasoned guys who have played a lot of footy. Our guys have replaced Seedsman, Yagmoor, Paine and Rounds who had played less than a handful of games between them going into that game. We tired because these kids couldn't keep with more seasoned opponents.

).

Buckley and Brown are 50 games each and Elliott is 7 I think, so yes, some more experience on top of the guys I mentioned.
You will be aided by Guerra and Franklin out but we have more run and better balance across the side now.
As I said, I think the advantages are negligible.

Buckley and Brown are 50 games each and Elliott is 7 I think, so yes, some more experience on top of the guys I mentioned.
You will be aided by Guerra and Franklin out but we have more run and better balance across the side now.
As I said, I think the advantages are negligible.

I am saying Buddy out means it couldn't possibly be negligible.

Our start needs to be discussed in depth for this game - Collingwood start very fast, we havent been starting that great, even in our smashings.

Its imperative we dont let the game go in the first quarter
This is true. Remember, they kicked 2.7 in the first quarter against us last time.

Only their profligacy in front of goals allowed us to be in touch at quarter time.

I think we definitely need to play a lock down role on Heath Shaw. He creates so much run and drive for their attacks, seems like whenever he is playing well and getting the pill they win.

Puopolo didn't have his best game on the weekend, but I think he's the man for the job.

Big test for our midfield. Remember in round 1 sitting back thinking our midfield was passed its useby date even though we won. We have mixed it up a lot since so a very good test for its depth and diversity.

Must clamp on beams and test him out with some close attention and dont want to see Swan pushing forward and being allowed to kick goals.

Hale needs to get dangerous pushing forward so Jolly starts second guessing.

No doubt Cloke will return to form against us.

Ahh, I'm worried about this game
BUT...Chinese Jordan Lewis and my boy Clint Young to play the game of their lives..
Chinese to take contested, towering marks at CHF using all his brute strength and Clint Young to fly under the radar to kick 3 on the run from outside 50
Knackers to my previous prediction...Hawks by 10pt in a close one !

Midfield rotations will be a key element. We have a massive reliance on Mitchell and simply have not found midfield rotations to cover the prospect of Mitch having an average game. Whitex in the middle for an extensive period perhaps? Hard tag on Pendles required by Sewell. Such a shame that Sewell's efficiency by foot is terrible. We are ultra competitive in all other areas. Collingwood has more balance but we have more flair.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Ahh, I'm worried about this game
BUT...Chinese Jordan Lewis and my boy Clint Young to play the game of their lives..
Chinese to take contested, towering marks at CHF using all his brute strength and Clint Young to fly under the radar to kick 3 on the run from outside 50
Knackers to my previous prediction...Hawks by 10pt in a close one !
Is Chinese Jordan Lewis, Jordan Lewis? If yes, why is he Chinese Jordan Lewis and not just an Asian looking non-Asian? Wouldn't there need to be an Aussie/Euro/Anglo Jordan Lewis for there to be a Chinese Jordan Lewis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back