Discussion Round 18, 2016 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but Richmond need a different clash v Hawthorn (the regular inverse obviously makes the clash even worse).
Eagles /Port have had to wear their clash guernseys at home against Richmond in the past. Imagine the uproar if the Hawks were similarly instructed to wear their clash at home for a more ideal match-up- but of course, the AFL didn't have the balls.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but Richmond need a different clash v Hawthorn (the regular inverse obviously makes the clash even worse).
Eagles /Port have had to wear their clash guernseys at home against Richmond in the past. Imagine the uproar if the Hawks were similarly instructed to wear their clash at home for a more ideal match-up- but of course, the AFL didn't have the balls.
Nice troll. As if Richmond's home remotely clashes with our home. WC and PA are dark jumpers. Our gold does not clash with their black.

Nice troll. As if Richmond's home remotely clashes with our home. WC and PA are dark jumpers. Our gold does not clash with their black.
Not a troll. There is a clash, partly due to Richmond's sash extending to the back, and partly due to the double clash of yellow/gold with brown/black

13781992_10154158273515751_6831647538238845262_n.jpg

The only thing I would change is put the dark shorts on the dark jumper.
Then you'd have one team in pretty much wholly gold (and white if gold shorts aren't used) and one team in pretty much all black.

The Finals have always had different rules. The priority is to have each team in their home jumper, over using the clash policy.
But why?
A proper clash policy creates the best visual contrast and best aesthetic product. Finals attract higher viewership and have more on the line. If there's a time for clash jumpers and for "home" teams to wear white shorts, it's in finals. If it's important enough for Round 10 or 16, then it's important enough for a more important game than that.

I know, because AFL logic o_O:rolleyes:

But why?
A proper clash policy creates the best visual contrast and best aesthetic product. Finals attract higher viewership and have more on the line. If there's a time for clash jumpers and for "home" teams to wear white shorts, it's in finals. If it's important enough for Round 10 or 16, then it's important enough for a more important game than that.

I know, because AFL logic o_O:rolleyes:
The AFL doesn't see it that way unfortunately. I can understand if they ditched the clash policy in the Grand Final though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a troll. There is a clash, partly due to Richmond's sash extending to the back, and partly due to the double clash of yellow/gold with brown/black

13781992_10154158273515751_6831647538238845262_n.jpg
Really?
Are you saying that two clubs clash of one colour is the same? Did Bombers and Lions clash - both have red?
Hawks and Tigers very, very easily distinguishable ap close and from distance.

Really?
Are you saying that two clubs clash of one colour is the same? Did Bombers and Lions clash - both have red?
Like I said - it's the double clash of brown v black and gold v yellow. And yes - the choice of shorts makes it even worse

This doesn't apply to the bombers and lions , because royal blue and yellow don't clash with black

Really?
I think the main issue is one team has a light top and dark shorts while the other has a dark top and light shorts. It's not the worst clash but it is a little annoying but a white Guernsey would be unnecessary.

Like I said - it's the double clash of brown v black and gold v yellow. And yes - the choice of shorts makes it even worse

This doesn't apply to the bombers and lions , because royal blue and yellow don't clash with black
There's very little yellow on a Lions kit, whether the maroon or the red.

A few weeks ago, 7 were showing some Richo highlights where he was wearing the jumper with a plain black back with yellow numbers. I'd love them to return to that, it looked bold and even helped to highlight the sash on the front. I hate how the white numbers sit with the yellow sash now.

Also, I'd almost like to see St Kilda take take up Freo's mindset of having a colour kit and a white kit. We wore our clash away against the Bulldogs last year (it was our members replacement game for NZ, so we were taking the chance to advertise the then new clash jumper in front of members), and while home + white looks fine, clash + white created a better contrast and is just a better modern look IMO. I say, where home + black whenever possible, but if we have to wear white shorts we might as well complete the look with the clash jumper.

Good call, Richmond clash more with hawthorn than Adelaide do, yet the crows are forced to come up with a white clash jumper against the Hawks. Big 4 rule in play here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back