Review Round 18, 2023 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute mental Pygmy’s, on the ground and particularly in the box. All over them until some genius decides with 10 minutes to go to drop of all people Gunston behind the ball and give them an extra at the contest. Coach trying to be too smart for his own good. Our coach managed to nurse us too a loss from a position it was almost impossible. Don’t we like playing like millionaires when we think we have it in the bag- f&$k doing what got us too that position. And of all players in the league to let beat you - Jake Melksham, ha ha seriously, just weak.

Some really bizarre moments contributed to that loss.

Melksham kicking them from everywhere, Joe's poster, Joe's non-goal that stood up on it's end right on the goal line, some freaky bounces, and one or two 50/50 umpiring calls.

The MCG curse thing seems to be an almost self fulfilling truism

Beats me!

Don’t have enough players with footy smarts and composure under pressure.

I also still think the team balance is wrong but the coaches will never learn.

We just aren’t good enough. Plain and simple. Top sides don’t throw the game away like that. Yeh Dunkley was out but they didn’t have Oliver or Fitsch. Disappointing night but definitely not a surprise, even the manner of the defeat.

24 touches and 2 goals you seriously are a moron.
And flogged all night.

You got any stats for hitouts to advantage, marks.......throw in taps.......yknow, ruck work?

Our onballers have been working to a losing ruck for forever.

Have you not noticed? Have you not noticed Oscar NEVER in front at throw ins..........NEVER?

Have you noticed Gawn was BOG?

So pissed, makes for a depressing weekend, I am off to bed now, not that I will be able to sleep.

tom-and-jerry-mad.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And flogged all night.

You got any stats for hitouts to advantage, marks.......throw in taps.......yknow, ruck work?

Our onballers have been working to a losing ruck for forever.

Have you not noticed? Have you not noticed Oscar NEVER in front at throw ins..........NEVER?

Have you noticed Gawn was BOG?
Think he was talking about Daniher...

Gotta say Charlie Cameron was very poor again tonight.

Missed some very gettable goals - didn't play on when he had teammates in a heap of space.

Not sure what's gone wrong with him the last few weeks. He's definitely out of form.
He knocked his two front teeth out against Richmond. He was better tonight than he has been for the past couple of weeks IMO.

Lyons and Zorko both had less than 70% game time. We can't carry these guys
For once I agree with your post.

Zorko does some nice things when he has the ball in hand and you can bank on him hitting a target but just doesn’t do enough if he doesn’t have the ball.

Lyons is just… meh. Net negative playing him. Dunkley comes in and replaces him.

Those two plus Gunston really stretches the running capacity of the rest of the team. They gotta work 5 per cent harder to cover them. Over a course of a game it could be the difference and tonight… probably was.

I guess when we get our game going we can match it with the best.

I'm very disappointed that we just didn't keep playing the way we were in the 3rd and instead went completely into our shells.

Probably a combination of getting tired and poor tactics. In the end the older guys were shown up in that last quarter.

If Zorks can't run the game out just make him sub. Gunston's cooked I'm afraid . That's very plain to see. Won't be winning any flag with Lyons in there.

Dunkley back is a big in but so would Oliver and Fritsch be for them . Get Ah Chee and maybe Dev in .

We really lack a bit of killer , the defenders were bombarded in that last quarter. Was Rayner injured ?

Back