Round 18 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Average games by the top 3 in betting. Curnow' playing superior football... still 4 who can win it now

He's had a good month (best of the four for July) but not sure he's had the stretch of quality that SPP/Burton/McGrath have had this season. Certainly coming home with a wet sail but will need another big month to see the other three off.

Fiorini for me, should have got it 3 times already, has to get it this week, only Suns player who looked half decent on Saturday

Fiorini for me, should have got it 3 times already, has to get it this week, only Suns player who looked half decent on Saturday

Did you watch the game or just the stats?

He's had a good month (best of the four for July) but not sure he's had the stretch of quality that SPP/Burton/McGrath have had this season. Certainly coming home with a wet sail but will need another big month to see the other three off.
He's only had the one quiet game in his last 8. Has been in phenomenal form for a second year player and was arguably our best again. 11 goals in that period while averaging over 15 touches and 7 marks a game.

He did have a few quiet games early in the season, but he also had a few reasonable games (rounds 4-7 were solid to very good).

If he continues his current form, he'd be a very deserving winner. Certainly well ahead of every other nominates player at the Blues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got to be Melican or Darcy for this week. Fiorini definitely shouldn't get it on this week alone, although his 'body of work' may clinch it for him. Berry wouldn't be a howler pick either,

Berry ! the kid has been most consistent of any of the draftees , over due

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the entire season, he has been.
Nah fiorini has been much better imo, let's not act like Berry is in the mix for the overall award. Fiorini is averaging about 8 More disposals and more marks. It's not close at all between the two for me at the moment. And since Darcy has been Playing, I'd say hes been abit better then Berry.

The award has a history like this, early season form quickly forgotten by judges.

Berry was very good again. 21 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 6 clearances, 3 tackles, 3 inside 50's, 1 goal assist and a very strong overhead contested mark. Used the ball bloody well playing as an inside midfielder going at 81%.

Combined with his excellent season so far Berry must be a good chance ,if not this week then in one of the remaining weeks

Nah fiorini has been much better imo, let's not act like Berry is in the mix for the overall award. Fiorini is averaging about 8 More disposals and more marks. It's not close at all between the two for me at the moment. And since Darcy has been Playing, I'd say hes been abit better then Berry.

Berry has done a lot of inside work, which is terribly unheralded. Fiorini is a talent and Darcy is top shelf. All 3 should get noms shortly. Hopefully Cedric Cox can earn one, probably in Round 23, as he is behind the aforementioned 3 and Melican.

5 rounds left. How many kids are there left with a 'body of work' to their name? You would imagine the committee would want to get these three in.

Darcy
Berry
Fiorini

Who else has put together a decent run?

If Darcy plays all remaining games he will have only played a total of 10 games so he will still be eligible for the award next year. Fiorini and Berry have played over 10 games now so it's this season or never. They might been seen as priorities just to give them some recognition for a good year.

5 rounds left. How many kids are there left with a 'body of work' to their name? You would imagine the committee would want to get these three in.

Darcy
Berry
Fiorini

Who else has put together a decent run?

If Darcy plays all remaining games he will have only played a total of 10 games so he will still be eligible for the award next year. Fiorini and Berry have played over 10 games now so it's this season or never. They might been seen as priorities just to give them some recognition for a good year.
I would add Ainsworth to the list, has been incredible for a small forward in a struggling team. It's hard to know how they judge it. Fiorini has had so many good weeks but is it judged based on a week by week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back