ADD RUC
Michael Apeness (FRE) RUC/FWD

ADD FWD
Brody Mihocek (COLL) DEF/FWD
Mitch Brown (ESS) DEF/FWD Stefan Giro (FRE) MID/FWD
Patrick Dangerfield (GEE) MID/FWD
Quinton Narkle (GEE) MID/FWD
Ryan Griffen (GWS) MID/FWD
Danger getting FWD status is huge for me - opens up an extra mid slot for me. Hopefully can get all the way up to Macrae this week, if not i might look at someone like a Shuey.

Danger getting FWD status is huge for me - opens up an extra mid slot for me. Hopefully can get all the way up to Macrae this week, if not i might look at someone like a Shuey.
Same, If I can get macrae I'm not going to worry about his BE.

Always go for the rookie upgrade, Rocky could go 100+ next week whereas ahern won't.

Can see rocky going forward with gray most likely going to miss with concussion. Hinkley loves throwing rocky forward at any chance for no purpose

Plus upgrade to kelly who has a very fantasy friendly run coming up. Including port next week he will demolish it I feel

Always go for the rookie upgrade, Rocky could go 100+ next week whereas ahern won't.
While I agree with the general principle of upgrading rookies first, I think at this stage you've got to look at the upcoming fixtures.

There are only 6 rounds left, so the difference between a #1 and #6 in a position may only be a matter of 60 points (i.e. 10 points per game).

But we know that averages are just that. We also have 17 rounds of data on what teams tend to be good to play against for fantasy purposes. Now is the time to exploit that data to give the edge on your final trade ins (and outs).

Ahern's next games are against Collingwood, West Coast, Brisbane, Bulldogs, Adelaide and St Kilda. Collingwood and Adelaide have proven to be fantasy lands of milk and honey for midfield opponents this year, and Saints and Brisbane also tend to concede some big points. Whether Ahern cashes in is another question, but it may be safe to assume that his average will rise with the tide, so to speak.

Ahern may not score 100+, but if he is able to average 80 over the last 6, then you need to weigh up whether upgrading him to someone who may average 95 (a 90 point net gain over 6 weeks) is worth the $300k it'd cost to upgrade him (and the opportunity cost of those downgrade trade/s).

All that to say, the closer we get to the end of the season, the less the general principles apply because there are less rounds left. It really comes down heavily to form and opponents (and luck, of course).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rockliff -> Dangerfield. Don't like Rockliff's current trajectory, Danger is too palatable right now.

Means I'll have to wait a week or so for Macrae. Ahern is doing fine.

I can complete my team this week by upgrading Ronke to either Dangerfield or Heeney. But Parker is getting the chop instead.

Out: Parker, Austin
In: Dangerfield, O’Riordan
Parker has gold coast at home next week. If he has any pride left at all he will beat up on them like he normally does. I couldn't stand watching him go 120+ next week. I think I'm going to trade Rocky instead, he was playing fwd again when Gray was out and it looks like it will happen again next week with Gray possible missing. Keeping Parker over Rocky is a huge call, but I'll probably do it if JPK misses weeks

Looking at other options who would people pick out of Dusty or Sloane?

I was interested in Sloane too this week. My problem was looking to round 22, 23 they have north and Carlton. Sloane getting tagged could be a problem. I may be slightly/a lot swayed personally towards Dusty as he is the better player playing for the better team, but sloane's finals games worry me.

Last edited:
Okay, I've done all the necessary planning and I should be able to bring in Macrae next week.

That means this week:

Rockliff -> Dangerfield
Liam Ryan -> rookie (placeholder atm is Polson)

Next week:

Downgrading McInerney to a 170k should net me ~360k in the bank, which will mean that Ahern has to rise to ~410k and Macrae to drop to ~770k to work.

Fingers crossed.

I guess the question is this week, who do you trade for Danger if you don't have him? Haha.

Seeds > O'Riordan
Ahern > Danger

May have to wait 2 more weeks for 'Crae so I can move Doedee on first and finish my team

EDIT: Doedee > O'Riordan
Ahern > Danger

Seeds at least had 68 to 3/4 time before he cut his eye open, so probably worth riding him so I can say my team is 'completed' for now, and so I can get Macrae in next week :)

Last edited:
Very tempted to just go get macrae and field ahern. But I feel so very dirty not being one of these completed teams. But I guess a winning team with leprosy is better then a losing clean one.

Either Rocky to Crae Crae, or Higgins to someone like Heppell, Duncan.

Think I'll go Higgins to Heppell at this point. Keep the team clean

Last edited:
De Goey seems like he's going to spend most of his time in the forward line, and ya boy don't play that s**t, so his ass is going to Laird. Welcome back, Rory. Oh sweet baby jesus how I've missed you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back