Preview Round 19, 2022 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McEntee has been selected for his forward pressure.

Who cares if you don't get the ball or kick goals, so long as you chase your opponent. Its Jake Neade and Aidyn Johnson all over again.

Been watching the TdF. These guys all know each other, are mates off the bike and have huge respect for their opponents. They even congratulate each other when they're beaten.

But blimey, when that flag goes down all that is out the window and it's on like Donkey Kong for 4+ hours. That's what I'd like to see from us each week. Sick of this apologist behaviour giving us an out.

McEntee has been selected for his forward pressure.

Who cares if you don't get the ball or kick goals, so long as you chase your opponent. Its Jake Neade and Aidyn Johnson all over again.

Gah 13 mins too late.

"We look forward to it but we know the size of the challenge". Does he seriously have to talk like this every time we come up against a team ranked higher than us. He just fills you with doubt when he speaks like this and there is little wonder as to why we have such a poor record against top 8 teams. It actually shouldn't be that *ing hard to win these games, don't make it sound like it's insurmountable, it isn't.

This sort of talk started all the way back in the 2013 semi final when against all the odds we found ourselves 4 goals up at half time against the Cats. Kenny's half time speech was all about warning the players that the Cats were gonna come in the second half, and come they did, we lost.

He did it against Richmond this year FFS who are actually not even that good. The mighty Richmond tigers who are on the verge of a 3 peat of losses to GC, Norf! lol, and Freo.

FMD Ken, grow some *ing balls you are soft as butter.

"We look forward to it but we know the size of the challenge". Does he seriously have to talk like this every time we come up against a team ranked higher than us. He just fills you with doubt when he speaks like this and there is little wonder as to why we have such a poor record against top 8 teams. It actually shouldn't be that *ing hard to win these games, don't make it sound like it's insurmountable, it isn't.

This sort of talk started all the way back in the 2013 semi final when agsainst all the odds we found ourselves 4 goals up at half time against the Cats. Kenny's half time speech was all about warning the players that the Cats were gonna come in the second half, and come they did, we lost.

He did it against Richmond this year FFS who are actually not even that good. The mighty Richmond tigers who are on the verge of a 3 peat of losses to GC, Norf! lol, and Freo.

FMD Ken, grow some *ing balls you are soft as butter.

It’s from the same defeatist playbook when he was “uncomfortable with the favourites tag” as we were set to host Richmond, coming off back-to-back 7 goal losses, without their five best players.

And then when they got the upset, he said, “we’ve got a long way to go to be like Richmond”.

How does he still have a job?

Q: "How much did you look at in the review that space that Kosi Pickett was able to get for some of his goals?"

"A lot. A lot. Obviously he was clearly the best player on the ground. He was the main reason Melbourne won the game I'd imagine, clearly by the goals that he kicked - they were some pretty special goals that he kicked, but we gave him opportunities that he shouldn't have got."

Q: "What did the review identify? Was it communication breakdown, a player not following him...?"

"There's a little bit of everything. Too hard to sit here and explain exactly what that is, but it's a little bit of team defence getting in the way of the role that needed to be done. We gave him too many opportunities collectively - not individually - too many opportunities and he was good enough to take them."

"You do breakdown and breakdown badly when you get too singularly focused...but last week people would acknowledge that we probably should have been more singularly focused because we didn't get a bloke under control that we should of."

Q: "You and even Bassett during the week have said that Dixon is so important as a forward that even if he is the best ruckman (available) to the team, do you think that it could sort of be a case of 'Brynn, double check how you're going in the SANFL' and then next week he would be more likely than unlikely (to be selected)?"

"I think if we can get our ruckman underneath in really good form that will give us a chance to do some other different things which we would probably more often than not prefer to do."

Q: "Is Dixon the best ruck at the club even with Scott Lycett fit?"

"Nah. Nah nah. Available to us currently, Charlie is one of the best options in the ruck, but we've also got some other options."

"You do breakdown and breakdown badly when you get too singularly focused...but last week people would acknowledge that we probably should have been more singularly focused because we didn't get a bloke under control that we should of."

😂

High comedy.

Been watching the TdF. These guys all know each other, are mates off the bike and have huge respect for their opponents. They even congratulate each other when they're beaten.

But blimey, when that flag goes down all that is out the window and it's on like Donkey Kong for 4+ hours. That's what I'd like to see from us each week. Sick of this apologist behaviour giving us an out.
Vingegaard could afford to wait for Pogacar when he crashed, because he knew he had him covered. At the time it seemed like a naive risk, but in hindsight it was an absolute power move.

He comes off as a nice guy, but he essentially told Pogacar: You're not a threat. I can wait for you to catch up, because I'll still break you when it counts.

Ruthless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aha, so we deal with Stengle the same way we dealt with Pickett, by "watching him". What could possibly go wrong?

Stengle must be shaking in his boots knowing that Ken is watching him..

watching.JPG

We've started well the past few weeks, for a pleasant change. So expect us to get away to a flyer early.

Cats to tactically make corrections at quarter time and claw their way back into the game.

Expect them to ......................

Ahh, stuff it!
Can't summon up the energy or passion to think about it any more. This side has drained the marrow from me.
Who cares?

Picking a draw :nerdv1:

I think McEntee's selection gives an insight into Hinkley's thinking going into this game. Priority one is to avoid a blow-out loss because if that happens he'll cop a lot of heat. A small loss, by keeping the game tight and contested, will save face in the minds of many. An unlikely win is still a possibility with that game style. The Hinkley supporters will be out in force if that happens, and of course Hinkley will run hard with the line that we can still play finals.

It reminds of the game against Melbourne at AO earlier in the year. Hinkley went into that game with the aim of minimising the size of the loss by attempting to play a slow and congested style of game. I'm expecting tomorrow's game to be a grind.

It’s from the same defeatist playbook when he was “uncomfortable with the favourites tag” as we were set to host Richmond, coming off back-to-back 7 goal losses, without their five best players.

And then when they got the upset, he said, “we’ve got a long way to go to be like Richmond”.

How does he still have a job?

Aw gee, we're up against it against the big scary cats who we thumped at home in the qualifying final less than 12 months ago.

I hate him.

He should come out and say it's last chance saloon, either we win or I get sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back