Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1658208839126.png 1658208864905.png

Form:
Port Adelaide: 11th, 8-9
Geelong: 1st, 13-4

After going down by 14 points to the reigning premiers in Alice Springs, we now come up against another massive challenge against the ladder leaders, Geelong. Geelong took care of Carlton by 30 points last week, and we only played Geelong 9 weeks ago but it's already rolled around again.

This is a loss, it only remains to be seen which of these three it is.
1. Smashed from the start.
2. Control the game for large periods, but can't score, Geelong to take advantage when they do. Fight back at the end, but fall short. Otherwise known as a Hinkley special.
3. We're either holding onto a less than one goal lead or less than one goal behind and it's in our forward 50. We then get a questionable call against us, that other teams don't get paid against or hasn't been paid all night until then, resulting in a loss by 5 points or less. Call it the Dixon-Schuey line.

Beaten them comprehensively in the last 2 home QFs, so you'd think we'd have the psychological advantage over them right?

John Candy No GIF by Laff

We beat this mob by 45 points in last year's semi... but Kenny is coaching better than he ever has

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we should have a few sack hinkley banners out this weekend
Of course, in order for me to be carrying one of them, it would mean I'd actually have to attend this game. At this point, a North Melbourne v St. Kilda replay seems more appealing.

Hahahahaha if true we truly are an incredible spectacle. Presumably Bonner dropped because he was pretty rusty coming off the break, but let's double down on that by going with Teakle straight in for his second AFL game and Orazio the human tissue paper Fantasia in as well.

#sackhinkley #sackthemall

Teakle coming in would prove once and for all that it's not that we don't think we need a ruck, it's that we don't want to reward Hayes for his mediocre around the ground work.

explain tv land GIF by YoungerTV

No one ******* stood near him for four ******* quarters.

If the club’s press conference messaging was a script for an Office-style football club parody, the notes would come back “too unrealistic, dial it back a bit”.

If match sim's anything to go by, it looks like Port Adelaide may roll the
🎲
in bringing back Fantasia & Teakle for Saturday's must-win game v Geelong. Both with As. Georgiades, Bonner, Farrell with Bs.

explain tv land GIF by YoungerTV

No one ******* stood near him for four ******* quarters.

The team defence thing shits me no end. Kane Cornes had a crack at it earlier in the week too, calling it a cop out. It's very easy to hide behind team defence. Ultimately someone needs to stand up and take responsibility for a player that gets as hot as Pickett got. This team defence garbage isn't going to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back