Autopsy Round 2, 2023: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty amazing how effort seems to translate into luck on the field.
Completely agree. I'm amazed at how polar opposite the effort and mental application is from last year. We would've lost both games under Ratten or Richo. Challenged a bit and we just go to water, fold completely. Twice now we've been challenged by finals type sides and responded.

My god where do you start… the pressure, the effort, the defensive structure, this Phillipou kid? Or the Owens kid? Mason wood? Battle? I could go on for hours and I haven’t even mentioned the coaching

51 points against a mob many tipped to be pushing for top 4 with half our side out playing the way we did, I am as proud as I have ever been to be a saints fan after these last two weeks

To top it all off we have a meaningful football game, Saturday night at the MCG against an essendon team potentially 2-0 themselves to celebrate our 150th year.

Get to the game!!! Bring it on! Go Saints ❤️🤍🖤

Completely agree. I'm amazed at how polar opposite the effort and mental application is from last year. We would've lost both games under Ratten or Richo. Challenged a bit and we just go to water, fold completely. Twice now we've been challenged by finals type sides and responded.

This was always the hope, but still so ******* surprising what these guys are capable of with a good coach. No idea how the club chose so badly three times in a row.

******* beautiful win.
So good to see effort, constant gut running, defensive pressure, and buy in from everyone on the ground.
Last year when the tables turned on us we would fold - not this year.

I am scared about Steele's shoulder though... said it felt crap, and would have scans. that worries me, because he was big today. Losing another one of our best would hurt.

This was always the hope, but still so ******* surprising what these guys are capable of with a good coach. No idea how the club chose so badly three times in a row.
Yeah I'm ******* bewildered by it haha. At the pro level I just assume that there's not much between good and bad sides, but we look a different unit entirely.

My god where do you start… the pressure, the effort, the defensive structure, this Phillipou kid? Or the Owens kid? Mason wood? Battle? I could go on for hours and I haven’t even mentioned the coaching

51 points against a mob many tipped to be pushing for top 4 with half our side out playing the way we did, I am as proud as I have ever been to be a saints fan after these last two weeks

To top it all off we have a meaningful football game, Saturday night at the MCG against an essendon team potentially 2-0 themselves to celebrate our 150th year.

Get to the game!!! Bring it on! Go Saints ❤️🤍🖤
Caminitiiiiiiiiii

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the St Kilda I signed up for, a club that could win on spirit with a fight against the odds mentality with injuries and umpires going against us.

Credit to Ross for bringing it back, along with Phillipou, both have been huge improvements for us, line ball who is better.

Where is StC? Would be in heaven tonight.

A Saints win and a reverse Sirengate

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Having the ol’ choke’n’stroke, I’d wager… someone check on him tomorrow, make sure it was a happy ending, not a Carradine one.

The love in with Mattaes and Caminiti is going great in this interview. It's awesome having a few younger blokes coming through together.

Watching them put their arms around each other on the way off the field as well, clearly a great bromance blossoming there haha

Lyon said before the season that our strength was our running ability, 10 players under 10 minutes for the 3k and another ten just outside.
Took Freo to the deep end in the fourth last week, and Freo couldn't go
This week we get 33 up in the 3rd and start to ice the game, again we take the opposition to the deep end and they blew up, they couldn't go with us and we had numbers running padt them deep into the last qtr.
We have a might fit running team.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I see the good stuff hasn't made it down there yet. A bottle of Redbreast 12...and you'll crawl to me in subjugation for the ill words that just fell from your mouth (yes, I am aware that you typed them, but the gravitas of my linguistic supremacy loses a touch of its magic in making typing jokes...which would probably degenerate into something about carpal tunnel syndrome and wanking)
Irish whisky is improved by the act of urination.

I wouldn’t even stoop to using it for arson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back