Autopsy Round 2, 2024: Hawks go to hell

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously enough of Reeves as starting ruckman, it’s becoming embarrassing. Meek must come in for him next week. McKenzie the only shining light in the midfield. Nash and Newcombe were poor, Worpel tried hard as usual but was generally ineffective

Ward was poor - have to agree with others that he is starting to look like a very vanilla. McDonald was just ok. Ginnivan and Chol were good. Gunston played like he was 40 years old. Have no idea why we brought him back

Watson impressed me today. Showed plenty and I’m starting to believe. Finally Mitchell as coach is starting to worry me - does he know what he’s doing?
I know Reeves has been woeful but Meek is worse than that. He might be the most average footballer I’ve ever seen get an AFL senior game.

Sam and coaching group have been piss poor. Maybe they are duds...no plan b or plan c. The fighting for the spoon is on!

I don’t even know where to start. At least half the team is trash. Our midfield is just shocking, shows zero toughness and the skills of Worpel, Nash and Finn are not even VFL level.
Lewis doesn’t work anywhere near hard enough. Gunston is cooked, the decision to bring him back is a massive fail. Breust looks cooked.
Can’t have Impey, Massimo, Amon in the same backline, as none of them like to defend. Move Amon to the wing, Massimo stays and Impey goes to Box Hill, his disposal is poor.
Would love to know what our game plan is aswell. I can handle losing, but at least show a game plan and take the opposition on.

Agreed. Despite the result we were probably the better team for close to two quarters.

We just didn't capitalise and they absolutely smashed us when they had momentum.

Lots of things to like but some big concerns as well.
No we weren't, being competitive in general play means nothing when you are completely impotent going inside 50.

On the train home and a bit shattered by the game. The 3 problems were the midfield, the midfield, and the midfield. Two weeks in a row and we've been smashed in there. Desperately missing Day and time to unleash the Hust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Reeves has been woeful but Meek is worse than that. He might be the most average footballer I’ve ever seen get an AFL senior game.

He should be given some games to see whether he can do any better. At the very least he will be more physical and absolutely cannot be any less effective around the ground.

Frenchie, Mass, Ginny, Frost, Scrim, Worps and Weddle can hold their heads up. Chol was okay in patches as well and Watson and CMac did some positive things.

Senior players, outside of Worpel and Frost have been absolute dog s**t this season.

Must bring in Phillips, HH, Meek and Harry next week.

Love Ward but he has done little. Same with Lewis, Nash and Newk. Amon on the wing or at BH. Not a defender’s you know what.

Gunston can’t be in the side next week if we want to be competitive. A champion of the club but is past it.

Sam needs to pull his finger out with the tactics and selection. Been out coached two weeks in a row and we don’t have enough X factor through the middle. Get Weddle, CMac, Chol, Ginnivan in there more and get Reeves out.

No cohesion, no confidence.

Reeves wasn't terrible. Was our only player in the middle actually going for the ball a lot of the time.

Loved chol. Don't know the stats, but he was continually the only player actually running and creating an option. That lack of confidence and cohesion meant they rarely went to him

Watson finally kicked a goal!

Umm, not much else other than thank God that's over

We lost the tackles 73 to 50. This is a big margin for a team that lost by 10 goals. It is a startling stat and exposes some real issues about attitude and application. Have we turned into a Hollywood team? Are blokes more concerned with their weekly hairdo? Shampoo and hairspray?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back