Game Day Round 2 Adelaide v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

JP Sauce said:
Not to get all annoying about this (because I actually don't care either way), but if this were a female athlete there'd be outrage, TV restrictions, etc. Instead we make dick puns.

And I like dick puns probably more than anyone, but it's still pretty ridiculous.​
Yep its interesting JP - caught some discussion on radio late this morning - general feel was that cameras shouldn't be in change rooms. I'm inclined to agree regardless of how long they've been there. When players need some privacy to re-arrange themselves or whatever where the hell else do they go? Apparently Hendo is mortified, and the Club is ropeable. So dick jokes aside, if this had been a workplace or female athlete there would be hell to pay. Cos' its a young bloke its OK? :confused: Don't think so. Terrible double standards.

Yep its interesting JP - caught some discussion on radio late this morning - general feel was that cameras shouldn't be in change rooms. I'm inclined to agree regardless of how long they've been there. When players need some privacy to re-arrange themselves or whatever where the hell else do they go? Apparently Hendo is mortified, and the Club is ropeable. So dick jokes aside, if this had been a workplace or female athlete there would be hell to pay. Cos' its a young bloke its OK? :confused: Don't think so. Terrible double standards.

Poor bloke. Hopefully Fox gets hauled over the coals and they take the stupid cameras out of the rooms. It's useless vision anyway. Most of the time it's just blokes sitting on the floor doing nothing. The only time we ever see anything "exciting" is when they inadvertently catch someone doing something silly (eg. Cousins giving the bird).

ADELAIDE wants answers from the AFL's official telecasters - both Fox and Channel Seven - on why footage of Crows utility Ricky Henderson revealing his genitals in the Gabba changerooms was put to air on Saturday night and turned into a comedy skit.
"Ricky was really stressed (on Saturday night)," Adelaide football chief Phil Harper said.

"He should have been joining his teammates celebrating a good win against the Lions; instead he was locked away in his room.

"We thought everything filmed in the changerooms was shown on delay and the telecaster had the opportunity to drop images such as those of Henderson," Harper said.
"Ricky's quite distressed by it all. He plays footy - he is not worrying about cameras when he comes into the changerooms."
Beyond Fox's error, Adelaide has taken exception to how Henderson was lampooned on Channel Seven's Saturday night football coverage hosted by former VFL player Brian Taylor.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/tea...ampaign=Feed:+HeraldSunAfl+(Herald+Sun+|+AFL)

The worst part of it all was the channel 7 post game show mocking him on national television. Disgusting. Fox footy have apparently apologised for it. Will be interesting if Basil and channel 7 do the same.

Poor bloke. Hopefully Fox gets hauled over the coals and they take the stupid cameras out of the rooms. It's useless vision anyway. Most of the time it's just blokes sitting on the floor doing nothing. The only time we ever see anything "exciting" is when they inadvertently catch someone doing something silly (eg. Cousins giving the bird).

Yep FP agreed. I would have thought that there were some restrictions what can be broadcast from change rooms - surely. I think Fox Footy should have pulled the footage and not broadcast it - I got the impression on air this morning that they had a choice and chose to bradcast. But of course now the cats out of the bag and apparently its now all over the internet - and it'll be there for good.:thumbsdown: IMO Crows should demand an investigation. Off the top of my head I'm not sure how old Ricky is - but mothers of 18 year olds in the same predicament would be baying for blood - and I wouldn't blame them.

ETA FF have brought the game into disrepute IMO - there need to be sanctions.

The worst part of it all was the channel 7 post game show mocking him on national television. Disgusting. Fox footy have apparently apologised for it. Will be interesting if Basil and channel 7 do the same.

Agreed. Although I didn't see it its yet another example of these idiots going too far. Apologising IMO isn't enough. I think cameras should now be pulled from change rooms - its a pretty creepy idea anyway. Sing the song somewhere else and give the players their privacy.

You know FF and 7 are damn stupid. What were they thinking? This is precisely what could get them banned from change rooms full-stop. And not a moment too soon IMO given they clearly can't be trusted. Angry that a young man has been made fun of nationally and been compromised in such a way? You betcha. God knows who will watch that footage or where it will end up.:mad:

Agreed. Although I didn't see it its yet another example of these idiots going too far. Apologising IMO isn't enough. I think cameras should now be pulled from change rooms - its a pretty creepy idea anyway. Sing the song somewhere else and give the players their privacy.

You know FF and 7 are damn stupid. What were they thinking? This is precisely what could get them banned from change rooms full-stop. And not a moment too soon IMO given they clearly can't be trusted. Angry that a young man has been made fun of nationally and been compromised in such a way? You betcha. God knows who will watch that footage or where it will end up.:mad:

I'm a tumblr user. The AFL and Adelaide crows 'tags' are actually full of that picture/video. It's gone international.

Remember the Nicky dal and Riewoldt debacle? Everyone was up in arms over that, but they can mock Hendo? Hopefully the AFLPA and club don't back down on this.

I'm a tumblr user. The AFL and Adelaide crows 'tags' are actually full of that picture/video. It's gone international.

Remember the Nicky dal and Riewoldt debacle? Everyone was up in arms over that, but they can mock Hendo? Hopefully the AFLPA and club don't back down on this.

They better not. Hate to think what the internet creeps are doing with that footage.

Dunstall appologised on behalf of Fox Footy on the show after the West Coast v Hawks game, however he only appologised to the viewers. Not to Ricky Henderson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunstall appologised on behalf of Fox Footy on the show after the West Coast v Hawks game, however he only appologised to the viewers. Not to Ricky Henderson.

I am sure most Adelaide & Brisbane fans would be watching that match :rolleyes:

No we don't ;)

There is not a single program i watch on Channel 7 anymore. Not 1
It amazes me that even their footy programming (Footy Classified etc.) is so amateur when they've paid so much for the rights. The footy itself is the only thing I watch on that joke of a station.

DTB - I don't know what you are on about.

YOU re-posted the video with some smilies.

Not good enough for a Spec Mod

DTB is a Spec Mod on another subforum mate. He's just a regular poster on here.

Very sorry to hear Henderson was so distressed by what happened. I actually missed the half-time break so I never saw it, but sounds like they lingered on the shot for way longer than was necessary. Hope they come out and apologise to him soon.

I have to admit, at first I had a little chuckle - silly bugger I thought. Now I realise how distressed he was about it, I really feel for him.

Jen I think there are bigger implications here. The media (all types) is absolutely out of control and influencing people to the point where they think nothing of this level of distress nor the long-term implications. They've used their power completely inappropriately and need to be sanctioned IMO. Not to mention Ricky Henderson's genitals are all over the internet for good. And that is not OK.

It amazes me that even their footy programming (Footy Classified etc.) is so amateur when they've paid so much for the rights. The footy itself is the only thing I watch on that joke of a station.

FC is a channel 9 show

They have AFL gameday on a Sunday morning with #rompingwins

Jen I think there are bigger implications here. The media (all types) is absolutely out of control and influencing people to the point where they think nothing of this level of distress nor the long-term implications. They've used their power completely inappropriately and need to be sanctioned IMO. Not to mention Ricky Henderson's genitals are all over the internet for good. And that is not OK.

Completely agree with you. I just felt I should own up to being amused about it at first, and not thinking about the implications for Hendo.

Basil Zempilas would make a far better BBQ condiment than football commentator. No wit or intelligence in his pathetic comment, and it perfectly illustrates how desperately he is treading water trying to emulate Uncle Dennis. Pathetic...

Poor Hendo :( , hope he doesn't let himself get affected too much. Pathetic for them to show it, and even more pathetic for Basil to go back to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back