Game Day Round 2 Adelaide v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why it is worth giving new players who may not be quite ready a taste during a season, so they know what they need to do to get to AFL level. Blighty was good at this & also sometimes you uncover a gem who steps up straight away.
I think Brown has shown he has real footy smarts and ability and will offer us a lot over years.
Along with Crouch who although agree will be great is yet to get me excited like Patty did in first 2 years as even with Bloods gets possession but apart from that final doesnt take game on like Wines, OMeara etc and other high drafts do .
But as Patty took awhile will have to see how developed.
Lyons is another with a lot of skills and class and hopefully gets chance soon .
Shaw is another but whether we will ever get to see regularly is now doubtful .

"We thought everything filmed in the changerooms was shown on delay and the telecaster had the opportunity to drop images such as those of Henderson," Harper said.
That's the big question for me.

I assumed it was on a delay as well - which means somebody made the decision to air it anyway; if that's the case, then the shit should hit the fan.

And Basil whatever his name is, is a complete ****wit. Not a fan of this Jon Ralph ******** either - I'm sick of them trying to turn journalists into media personalities.

They rarely show anything interesting on those cameras, I would rather them let the team do whatever they have to do to get ready for a win than have to hold back because of live cameras. Send a camera down, do a cross to the rooms and get 5 minutes of footage and then be done with it.

Yep FP agreed. I would have thought that there were some restrictions what can be broadcast from change rooms - surely. I think Fox Footy should have pulled the footage and not broadcast it - I got the impression on air this morning that they had a choice and chose to bradcast. .

I think the issue is that they have a delay on any changeroom footage, which would have given them time to edit it out. Is that true? If so, the broadcaster has a lot of explaining to do.

But of course now the cats out of the bag and apparently its now all over the internet - and it'll be there for good.:thumbsdown: IMO

That's the problem with something like this happening nowadays. As far as I know, the unedited version was only broadcast that one time - live. But in 2013, thanks to Foxtel IQ, screenshots and the internet, it's now viral for all to see.

Who else remembers the days when getting your snag out didn't have such far reaching consequences? I certainly do.......

An update

UPDATE: STAR Crows midfielder Patrick Dangerfield has declared his disappointment at the AFL's official telecasters for embarrassing team-mate Ricky Henderson at the weekend.

Of Foxtel's decision to show Henderson as he opened his shorts in the changerooms at the Gabba on Saturday, Dangerfield said: "The broadcasters have a responsibility to respect the players' privacy. It's disappointing."

The Crows players will gather today to consider their response to Fox Footy not editing the Henderson moment from its coverage and Channel Seven's decision to lampoon Henderson during its Saturday night football telecasts.

The Adelaide Football Club at the same time will be seeking apologies from the telecasters and assurances the moment will not be repeated.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams...ampaign=Feed:+HeraldSunAfl+(Herald+Sun+|+AFL)

Instead of an apology, we should try and get something out of it. Maybe free Foxtel for all the players and their families. C'mon AFC, play it smart.

An apology? That's lame. Damage is done.

It's a crap situation - they should obviously apologise, but it wont matter; assuming they made the decision to air it, then the apology is pointless and hollow.

'Compensation' isn't going to help eeither, so...

They'll probably do the usual bullshit PR move and donate some money to charity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is why it is worth giving new players who may not be quite ready a taste during a season, so they know what they need to do to get to AFL level. Blighty was good at this & also sometimes you uncover a gem who steps up straight away.

Reminds me a bit of Otten who looked unbelievably bad when he got a debut in his first season, before coming second in the rising star in the following season. Dangerfield also had a shocker in his second game (his debut game had some good moments at least), but looked settled in the next year. Sloane didn't even get a kick in his one game in his debut year, before looking very settled in the following season.

I should know better than to prejudge a player on their debut year, but somehow I just didn't see anything in Brown when he had some AFL time last year. Turns out I was blind :p

Karma for the 'T' manveour round 1 2011? Surely pulling that stunt was more embarrassing for him publicly than having his junk seen?

I am sorry to hear Hendo is distressed, that sucks. But seriously - they are just genitals. Everyone's got them. Were they disfigured or something?

Agree the media shouldn't be perpetuating the fact he got caught on film but let's not make this bigger than it is.

While I agree that they're "just genitals", it's a pretty fundamental human right for people to choose whether or not they are happy for them to be exposed to the public. It is a pretty big issue when that right is violated, particularly given there are supposed to be procedures in place to prevent it.

Instead of an apology, we should try and get something out of it. Maybe free Foxtel for all the players and their families. C'mon AFC, play it smart.

An apology? That's lame. Damage is done.

They should make it up to Hendo by judging him the winner of some prize and giving him a new car or something. That'd be pretty awesome :p

They should make it up to Hendo by judging him the winner of some prize and giving him a new car or something. That'd be pretty awesome :p

Sounds like this.
award84.jpg

I am sure most Adelaide & Brisbane fans would be watching that match :rolleyes:

DTB - I don't know what you are on about.

YOU re-posted the video with some smilies.

Not good enough for a Spec Mod

My point is that i don't think most Adelaide & Brisbane fans would watch the West Coast v Hawks match .

On another note FM radio is making a big deal Em Rusciano & Dave Thornton grow up you two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back