Autopsy Round 2 vs Carlton - what did you learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone played really well, team chemistry looks good and if we keep this up well who knows? (Don't want to say it just yet).

Yet to learn the best defensive structure

Mills makes mistakes but what he does do is keep going and not panic when he does

Papley and hewitt backed things up

Sinclair was much better than last week

Didnt learn much new really

1 : Sinclair shut my mouth up today
2: if Mitchell can continue to work on his kicking he will become elite
3 : Why was laidler delisted
4: Im still impressed with hewett and Towers
5 : We are no doubt lowering our eyes
6 : KJ on his way back to 13 form
7 : The test is in coming weeks no doubt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys (and coaches) have put some hard work into their disposal in the off season. The ability to maintain possession coming out of defence and the ability to hit targets in the F50 have improved a lot. Hope they can maintain this against stronger opposition. Fantastic first half by Sinclair and an equally good second half by Tippet. Sinclair, like Tippet, has pretty good skills when the ball hits the deck for a ruckman. Kieran Jack's game was one of his best ever. Our midfield is going to take a lot of stopping.

1 : Sinclair shut my mouth up today
2: if Mitchell can continue to work on his kicking he will become elite
3 : Why was laidler delisted
4: Im still impressed with hewett and Towers
5 : We are no doubt lowering our eyes
6 : KJ on his way back to 13 form
7 : The test is in coming weeks no doubt

i agree with all this. i would add :

papley was good again.
robinson, cunningham and jones were solid again (i'd put them in the same bracket as towers and hewett). though cunningham spolis some of his good work by panicing at times. we'll learn more about these players in the weeks to come.
all our star players performed.
lloyd couldn't back up his game from last week but did nothing wrong.
mills and heeney were good.
mills has a big mouth and i don't like it but thats just personal preference. most swans players over the years haven't needed to mouth off, they just got on with it.
teddy made me nervous. can he recapture his form?
buddy dropped a lot of marks he should have taken.

My faith in the recruitment team has been restored. Hewett, mills and papley all adding something

Buddy is going for the coleman

Every week someone different in our midfield looks like our best. Last week it was parker, this week mitchell next week hanners

i agree with all this. i would add :

papley was good again.
robinson, cunningham and jones were solid again (i'd put them in the same bracket as towers and hewett). though cunningham spolis some of his good work by panicing at times. we'll learn more about these players in the weeks to come.
all our star players performed.
lloyd couldn't back up his game from last week but did nothing wrong.
mills and heeney were good.
mills has a big mouth and i don't like it but thats just personal preference. most swans players over the years haven't needed to mouth off, they just got on with it.
teddy made me nervous. can he recapture his form?
buddy dropped a lot of marks he should have taken.

What do u mean with Mills mate? Which incidents?

1. We have one of the most dynamic ruck combo's in the competition
2. We have youngsters
3. We have a small forward. 2 quality games in a row and papley is cementing his spot
4. Laidler is the most under rated player on the board and in my opinion, should be one of the first selected.
5. I cant wait until next week. To be honest we have versed 2 average teams. GWS should prove a good challenge and see where we are actually at

1. Liked the look of the team winning without a big games from Kennedy
2. Ruck tandem will only get better with more game time.
3. Who said the Swans had no depth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back