Game Day Round 20: Melbourne v Hawthorn, Saturday, 2:10 PM AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there such angst at the game currently?

Get the vibe there is tension because Melbourne members voted yes to the merger in 96.

Because he was the poor bloke who had to kick it under a mountain of pressure? He did well to keep the ball moving, but Kent needed to kick earlier.

That one wasn't his fault like I said but he physically isn't ready for AFL he turns it over under any tackling pressure
I'm absolutely unfairly venting on him due to frustration

Sitting at the game is amusing. .. the hawthorn supporters have had it so good for so long they actually think they deserve the treatment they get from the umpires.

My fave is cyril tackles nev high when nev ducks to shrug = play on
Cyril does the exact same thing in the forward 50 when tackled = free kick hawthorn.

That one wasn't his fault like I said but he physically isn't ready for AFL he turns it over under any tackling pressure
I'm absolutely unfairly venting on him due to frustration

Well yeah, physically he's under sized, but i think he actually does pretty well all things considered.

Speaking of Nev, he looked in a bit of strife at the end there, possible concussion would hurt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a ripper bump from Rioli, Oliver would love that s**t

I wonder if Roosy was saying look at what they did to Vince and Oliver at half time and putting it on Jones to make a stand
Agree. Textbook down the middle. Nothing to see here

If Jeffy can hit the scoreboard we can actually win this.

I worry that the Hawks have got their game going now and we were just surviving on scraps
It would be remarkable if the kids could match their output for the first half let alone better it

I'm listening to the game on the radio. Seems like we get on top when our pressure is up and tackling well, but when it drops off allows the Hawks lots of uncontested marks.

We restricted them to 13 uncontested marks in the 1st quarter but they had 25 in the 2nd. Id say our tackle halved that quarter compared to the first.

Also we conceded 6 goals from turnovers.....increase the tackle pressure and limit the turnovers and we can win this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back