Preview Round 3, 2018: Sat 7th St Kilda vs Adelaide. Thread of positivity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at the games so far , Fremantle beating the Bombers , the Lions comeback against the Demons , suns beating Carlton , Magpies giving GWS a run for its money.
It shows you can not predict just about any game (my tipping has been hopeless ) , just like how we got got beaten by the Kangaroos.
no way could we play as bad as that again.
I still believe we have a great squad , but if you don't come to give it all you will get beaten.
so don't count us out against the Crows.
The thing that hurts the most is we had a chance to score another 4 points and get some confidence into some of our players however we put in the worst performance we have had for many years.

It does look his best chance. In all seriousness, If Savage, Geary and Webster play the entire season, Rice and White should go if Richo can't find a way to get them games. They are AFL standard footballers being wasted at Sandy.
Moorabin ghost seems to think Coffield is ahead of White now so you imagine Rice too.

You'd think Hunter Clark would get dropped
Hunter's game reminded me a lot of Gresh's second game rd2 2016 against Dogs.
His awareness of the game was off and just wasnt physical enough due to his size.
Like Gresh was, I would drop him to Sandy to work on those things which will e more beneficial to him in the long run.

Looking at the games so far , Fremantle beating the Bombers , the Lions comeback against the Demons , suns beating Carlton , Magpies giving GWS a run for its money.
It shows you can not predict just about any game (my tipping has been hopeless ) , just like how we got got beaten by the Kangaroos.
no way could we play as bad as that again.
I still believe we have a great squad , but if you don't come to give it all you will get beaten.
so don't count us out against the Crows.
The thing that hurts the most is we had a chance to score another 4 points and get some confidence into some of our players however we put in the worst performance we have had for many years.
I hope you’re right. I was saying any game you take lightly is loseable, we are an average list with a high work ethic and we didn’t work hard. We lost. We won’t have a better chance of beating the Crows so it’s doable but we might have shot all our confidence already. That performance is almost season defining, if we can turn it around from that our kids a mentally tough.

I'm very positive

We are going to be smashed by 10 + goals

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/de...n/news-story/cc243438baea07ad4f590313b272c1fb

Apologies if this has been posted or discussed before. But gotta say this was one good read. Constructive advise for paddy from 3 greats.

Which then begs the question, why has he not be taught those skills by our own coaches? If this has been happening throughout the team, no wonder we haven't developed good talent into elite.

Last edited:
Billing’s & Gresham play that role Long is surplus to our needs.
Disagree. We need Billings further up the ground kicking the ball in. Long is there for pressure and although we would love to see more tackles is getting better at impacting contests. Actually saw him front and centre and couple of times which was nice to see. If we are going to persist with 3 talls fwd then need 2 small fwds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t write your mob off so easily, we’re going to be taking in some sore bodies in Sloane, Talia and potentially Mackay.
I think we win by 5-7 goals only based on the fact we have a 9 day break, allows Sloane and Talia to recover that bit more, if was a 6-7 day break you guys would be in with a fair chance

Side note, could be the last time Sloane plays against the Saints.... if he’s going to leave AFC it’s to your mob, give us Dunstan and a first or second round draft pick and we’ll both go our ways happy :thumbsu:

Why do people want Long out?

Been a definite positive in the first 2 rounds I think
For a guy who is meant to be a pressure player, he avoids going in tough to contests and has no desire to run hard at the ball.
He has only played 5 games - a bit early in his career to pick and chose when to compete.
For the who dispute this, he did it twice in the first quarter. And then in the last quarter, he started calling for the ball and then wouldnt lead into the space when it was kicked to him.
For all Lonie's flaws, he will always compete for the ball.

It does look his best chance. In all seriousness, If Savage, Geary and Webster play the entire season, Rice and White should go if Richo can't find a way to get them games. They are AFL standard footballers being wasted at Sandy.

So who are you dropping? I have to be honest but I don't think Rice is of AFL standard. Perfect for VFL but not athletic enough for AFL.

Don’t write your mob off so easily, we’re going to be taking in some sore bodies in Sloane, Talia and potentially Mackay.
I think we win by 5-7 goals only based on the fact we have a 9 day break, allows Sloane and Talia to recover that bit more, if was a 6-7 day break you guys would be in with a fair chance

Side note, could be the last time Sloane plays against the Saints.... if he’s going to leave AFC it’s to your mob, give us Dunstan and a first or second round draft pick and we’ll both go our ways happy :thumbsu:
We will give you your choice of half back flanker.

Dunstan and a second rounder and its xmas in October. Glad you will be happy but doubt your club would.

I'd love Sloane but there's no way I'm giving up Dunstan AND a first round pick for a soon to be 29 yr old when it looks like we're further from a premiership window then we originally may have thought!

Truth be told I'm not all that keen on letting Dunstan go either when at times he looks like the only one who actually gives a damn when he's playing. He'll be back in this week with a point to prove after a great end to last season and I doubt he'll be out of the 22 again for the season.

Are you expecting the Crouch bros to be back for the game?

Dunstan and a second rounder and its xmas in October. Glad you will be happy but doubt your club would.

At the moment we don't have a second rounder.

I'd love Sloane but there's no way I'm giving up Dunstan AND a first round pick for a soon to be 29 yr old when it looks like we're further from a premiership window then we originally may have thought!

Truth be told I'm not all that keen on letting Dunstan go either when at times he looks like the only one who actually gives a damn when he's playing. He'll be back in this week with a point to prove after a great end to last season and I doubt he'll be out of the 22 again for the season.

Are you expecting the Crouch bros to be back for the game?

Both Matt and Brad out for a while
Matt - 4 weeks with hamstring
Brad- ??? With osteitis pubis

Who the * complained and got me banned from the North thread and for what? I am getting more frustrated by not being able to have my say and hate the club and our players for ruining my easter as it is. I have to behave on the "positive" thread and not respond on the negativity forum. ******* %$#^.

Fact is he’s a RFA so we don’t have a lot of leeway and I’m sure as s**t he isn’t going to the draft and risking he ends up at North or Brisbane etc..

Personally I think he stays, but if he goes I’m realistic most of the power these days is with the players

Both Matt and Brad out for a while
Matt - 4 weeks with hamstring
Brad- ??? With osteitis pubis

What a shame :rolleyes:
Seriously though, you seem to be doing OK without them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back