Review Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

THE GOOD

Zorko as kiddy role. How did we not do it last week?
Neale
Clugga
Dunkley to a degree
Bailey in the last playing mid

THE BAD
The umps - 50/50 calls terrible and pies just started shoving us around cause they could

THE UGLY
Managing to lose a game twice. Obliterated them and got ahead then folded AGAIN
Tackling - either too half hearted or panicky too highs
Hipwood and daniher- just had to stick some marks
Forward line - totally broken. No connection.
Cameron goalkicking - misses all of his east snaps all of a sudden
Our mental state

We just seem to clearly broken from the granny.
We can play well - good pre season. Start games well. Get leads. Even tonight come back from a lead and dominate.
What on earth is fagan saying at half time though? As soon as we get to the business end - oh right the game is on the line - we just shrink. Honestly do we need a retreat or something? Did we already do one and it was run by adelaide fc?

Controversial calls (ish)
Play Bailey starting mid and get him to ball hunt with clugga on the wing
Keep playing 2 rucks and drop hipwood. He will come back but that just wasn’t up to standard.
Drop berry. Ah chee / clugga / fletcher wings. Berry is the biggest momentum killer in the team. Butchers it.
Give Lohman a full game. Give him a shot and tell him to lock it in the forward 50.
Payne has one more chance but tell him to back himself and show him Carlton at docklands last year.

ABOVE ALL ELSE - how do we get so little return for our inside 50s? This is tactics and gameplan. Get fagan some ******* help he is not a gameplan man.
Yes starting to think we give Lohman a couple of games and against a weaker team, this week would be as good as any.

Regardless of the reality of highly paid footy players, it saddens me that this behaviour is passed off as normal and acceptable.

And I'm sure that there is a significant group inside the club who feel the same.

So to assume that this is all OK and not causing issues or even a rift is pretty naive to me.

I don’t think it is ok and entirely possible that there are issues in the group with it - what I object to is reporting on it at all.

It’s not just the players privacy here, it is their partners/ex partners implicated too - as well as the guys who didn’t do anything wrong but might be assumed to have done something because the media will just speculate but won’t name anyone.

I don’t think it is ok and entirely possible that there are issues in the group with it - what I object to is reporting on it at all.

It’s not just the players privacy here, it is their partners/ex partners implicated too - as well as the guys who didn’t do anything wrong but might be assumed to have done something because the media will just speculate but won’t name anyone.
What we have are young men , generally not overburdened with any intellectual or educational pursuits , perfect physical specimens with lots of money , maybe still immature in the ways of the world and a degree of fame.

It's inevitable what could occur. The press are fully aware of what goes on but for the most part leave it alone unless they can link a bigger story to it.

The club isn't denying something occurred but are stating it has nothing to do with our form. As you would expect us to say. I think that's a reasonable take because this sort of thing has been going on since forever.

The best thing we can do is come out and play really well.

So, someone within the club or leadership group leaking to the media about our Friday crisis meeting.

The fact that was reported in the media last night leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, someone within the club or leadership group leaking to the media about our Friday crisis meeting.

The fact that was reported in the media last night leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Way off the mark Briztoon. Swanny has been talking to the media and it sounds like it was less of a crisis meeting and more of a discussion with the leaders to get a sense of what truth there is to the rumours of a players rift which by the sounds of it there isn’t one

Way off the mark Briztoon. Swanny has been talking to the media and it sounds like it was less of a crisis meeting and more of a discussion with the leaders to get a sense of what truth there is to the rumours of a players rift which by the sounds of it there isn’t one
My understanding is that Swann spoke to the media before the meeting was called.

Regardless what's leaked was that the outcome was there was nothing to worry about. So I don't see an issue with a 'leak'
Well that's probably right Nathan but it's what we would say whatever the case is.

My feeling is that it's one of those things that happens ,there's likely something in it , but getting blown out of proportion by the media who are willing it to be some sort of 'crisis'.

Well that's probably right Nathan but it's what we would say whatever the case is.

My feeling is that it's one of those things that happens ,there's likely something in it , but getting blown out of proportion by the media who are willing it to be some sort of 'crisis'.
Agree, martinson. Most people not involved enjoy a juicy story and the Herald Sun and news.com readers are no different. Fact is that many so called football writers are not much different to Hollywood gossip writers.

Back