Preview Round 3: Brisbane V Richmond @ GABBA - Saturday 7:20pm, 18/04/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll bounce back at your home ground though. :oops: Oops, I mean our home ground.
If we can cut out at least half our skill errors I think we'll take it to you. While if you guys put on manic pressure and flood the corridor we'll likely fall in a heap

if it was me. id be putting valstuin in the guts. moving lids (if he is fit) to play hbf. and bring in either knights, lennon or madonna to play that half forward role. with lids moving to hbf opposition teams cant just sit on houli and they cant afford to sit on both lids and houli. imo he still serves us best back there.

It would be ludricras not to pick Astbury this week. Has had plenty of match fitness now and has dominated in most of those games, if not all. With the Brisbane forward line basically non existent, it is the perfect opportunity to work Astbury back into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been saying it for a while and I seem to have a following over it so you are right.

Well done. *clap* *clap*
Um. Glad you have a following. Sorry I wasn't selecting you personally.

Just this 'universal' statement of Dimma always picks battlers that seems to flow around in topics by some. I'd have thought those that implemented or got the closest to the pin in the game plan would be top priority?

if it was me. id be putting valstuin in the guts. moving lids (if he is fit) to play hbf. and bring in either knights, lennon or madonna to play that half forward role. with lids moving to hbf opposition teams cant just sit on houli and they cant afford to sit on both lids and houli. imo he still serves us best back there.

Personally, lids best position has always been mid/half forward.
But, our team is crying out for another elite hbf. I agree, Vlaustin to the guts, knights to half fwd/mid and let Deledio tear teams apart coming out of defence until he demands a tag, which should free up houli. We can shift Deledio back forward if he does get clamped on down back.

I wouldn't mind seeing us start lids at hbf and swing him forward more often this season. He's a weapon, let's use him.

We should leave it open until a player demands a spot.

But Hardwick will promote Thomas and play him this week.

We should really be seeing Astbury, Lennon and Knights this week. Give Sheds and Deledio another week recovery. Only drop 1 player I'd say Newman or Gordon but probably Batchelor.

Need his pace :cool:

Although..... those skin folds ;)

Personally, lids best position has always been mid/half forward.
But, our team is crying out for another elite hbf. I agree, Vlaustin to the guts, knights to half fwd/mid and let Deledio tear teams apart coming out of defence until he demands a tag, which should free up houli. We can shift Deledio back forward if he does get clamped on down back.

I wouldn't mind seeing us start lids at hbf and swing him forward more often this season. He's a weapon, let's use him.

So about 8 mins into the 1st quarter then....

We need to win games not save them.... leave Lids at HFF. Play Lennon, Conca, Morris (although dodgy disposal), Vlas across hbf and have McIntosh pushing back hard to help them.... Our biggest problem on the weekend was the speed that we didn't move the ball and the lack of pressure when the ball hit the ground in the forward half. Lids and Titch will go a way to fixing that along with Knight's delivery.... if selected.

Do we have a ground swell of support for Knights? I'm on the bandwagon. :)
Never jumped off.
I was at the game when he did his knee:-(
Was about to take the footy world by storm then that injury while kicking a goal.

Well teams hunt us Groupie.
We have to hunt back.
The mindset isn't there but I expect a turnaround this week.

Absolutely spot on.... we are a decent side when we hunt and a bunch of girls when we are hunted. Why we don't hunt each and every week is beyond me...

I just don't understand how we can't be pumped to hunt with ferocious intensity each and every week until we achieve something. I'll cop the odd skill error if we have a red-hot crack and even a loss but not when we are just going through the motions like we did last week.

Nice preview. Expect our endeavour to be up this week but we can't sustain it for an entire game. We are undersized and lacking a key forward. I think you will win convincingly.

Mate he is Smart...just what our team needs our backline is fine our midfield i working ok...but the forward line is disfunctional..need a General down there to structure it ...Put Knights down there..half the reason we butcher it goin forward is the forwards are not presentin in a way that it forces the kicker to kick to them..Knights is a smart forward just what we need to get cohesion in the forward line..PUT HIM IN THE SIDE Dimma...GeT rid of MORRis he is kiLiNg us down there...
When fit he should be a shoe in for mine but then I don't often get the voodoo thinking of the MC.

Never jumped off.
I was at the game when he did his knee:-(
Was about to take the footy world by storm then that injury while kicking a goal.
I wasn't there but watching on T.V. thought what a way to go out in a game (both good and bad) got us a goal - he'd have that to think of at least on his way off the ground. Sometimes I think guys don't know how lucky they are remaining sound yet don't make the most of their opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back