Round 3 - Bulldogs vs. Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty confident but can never be sure. Should get up by a good 4 goals or so. Richmond could run us close though

Could go either way, just feel like if we dont win today we could end up like Port last season:( altough i know we can get up just a matter of applying it for 4 quarters.

I am over from Perth and going to this game. Bought the tickets to primarily watch Richo, Johnno and Cuz but I guess 2 out of 3 aint bad.

I am hoping for a good game and I reckon Richmond will win by less than 2 goals. My rationale is that they are a better side than 16th and they will want to put some points on the board.
(for the record, I think the Bulldogs will be pushing top 4 and Richmond 5-8)

i was pretty confident last year and that didnt get me very far, still believe the dogs by 3+ tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll win by 10+ goals.

Last week was tight for us, but it was in the wet and we couldn't use our No 1 advantage - skills - skills that are better than most teams in the league, and skills that are most certainly miles ahead of Richmond's.

But we won using another strength - contested footy.

In the dry we'll use both.

This really could get ugly for Richmond.

I think it'll be closeish. I reckon we'll win by about 4 goals. However, if at any stage in the first half we get up by 3 or 4 goals look for Richmond to start coughing the ball up. Don't expect us to let you off the hook like Geelong did either.

Could go either way, just feel like if we dont win today we could end up like Port last season:( altough i know we can get up just a matter of applying it for 4 quarters.
Couldn't be like Port last season. They tasted success the previous year then fell over. We fell over then fell over and...before that - fell over.
Should have beaten the dogs last year but didn't. Have we missed the opportunity to beat them? Probably. The doggies look to be a better unit this year.

Still, we need to bring our "A" game. If that happens we may get close. I hope so.:eek:

I think it'll be closeish. I reckon we'll win by about 4 goals. However, if at any stage in the first half we get up by 3 or 4 goals look for Richmond to start coughing the ball up. Don't expect us to let you off the hook like Geelong did either.
And don't forget - it's payback for Wallet. He left the bullies for success and you've never forgiven him. Carrying a long grudge over at the Western Oval.
Wish you'd friggin kept him!:D
Don't expect us to let you off the hook if the Tiges do the unthinkable and win.:thumbsu:

Don't expect us to let you off the hook if the Tiges do the unthinkable and win.:thumbsu:
It'll be all about the first half. If Richmond get a sniff and some belief, then that's when they'll be dangerous. However if it goes the other way and we're up by 4 or 5 goals at half time, it might get messy especially considering our second half is usually very strong, especially at Docklands

I think we'll win by 10+ goals.

Last week was tight for us, but it was in the wet and we couldn't use our No 1 advantage - skills - skills that are better than most teams in the league, and skills that are most certainly miles ahead of Richmond's.

But we won using another strength - contested footy.

In the dry we'll use both.

This really could get ugly for Richmond.

I don't think our skills will have changed that much from last year when we played you. With more on the line, and after R1, I expect it to be pretty intense from the Tigers. You must be hoping you do get 10+ clear by the last change and don't have to again have a 'pea-heart' not wanting to take the kick after the siren to save the game for you this time.;)

I don't think our skills will have changed that much from last year when we played you. With more on the line, and after R1, I expect it to be pretty intense from the Tigers. You must be hoping you do get 10+ clear by the last change and don't have to again have a 'pea-heart' not wanting to take the kick after the siren to save the game for you this time.;)

Where as the team that laid down and let another run over the top of them in the last 5 minutes after having the game won showed heart?

[/B]

Where as the team that laid down and let another run over the top of them in the last 5 minutes after having the game won showed heart?

No, it showed the younger kids didn't have the legs to play out the full game. Maybe that won't be a problem a year later.

Surely though, if pea-heart gets another go at playing out every kids dream of kicking the winning goal after the siren, he will take it??

No, it showed the younger kids didn't have the legs to play out the full game. Maybe that won't be a problem a year later.

Surely though, if pea-heart gets another go at playing out every kids dream of kicking the winning goal after the siren, he will take it??
Maybe McMahon might get to kick it after the siren... oh wait, he's not playing.
I'm sure Pat Bowden would slot it... oh wait... is he playing?

Here's a tip - Wayde Skipper should be available at year's end. Get your 2nd rounder pick ready now.

I really don't understand the rationale of the tigers about that Brian Lake/Will Minson goal. You have one player who played all through his juniors as a full forward vs a lumbering ruckman with pretty average skills. I know who I would have wanted to take that kick. It'd be different if someone like Gilbee took the kick.

Was a great goal though. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back