Round 3 - Bulldogs vs. Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't understand the rationale of the tigers about that Brian Lake/Will Minson goal. You have one player who played all through his juniors as a full forward vs a lumbering ruckman with pretty average skills. I know who I would have wanted to take that kick. It'd be different if someone like Gilbee took the kick.

Was a great goal though. :)
Yeah it is certainly quite interesting. Add to that the fact that he would have known the umpire was going to tell him to go off, and if he didn't know how long was left that was the last thing we needed.

Anyway, that was last year...

We will win by a minimum of 4 goals but wouldn't surprise to see it get nasty. Richmond have shocking skills.
you base that on round 1? i thought so.
I think we'll win by 10+ goals.

Last week was tight for us, but it was in the wet and we couldn't use our No 1 advantage - skills - skills that are better than most teams in the league, and skills that are most certainly miles ahead of Richmond's.

But we won using another strength - contested footy.

In the dry we'll use both.

This really could get ugly for Richmond.
didnt we finish 2nd last year in contested footy? we still play hard and w added some hard nuts in the team that can win lots of contested ball.
I think it'll be closeish. I reckon we'll win by about 4 goals. However, if at any stage in the first half we get up by 3 or 4 goals look for Richmond to start coughing the ball up. Don't expect us to let you off the hook like Geelong did either.
yes, geelong must control the ball 100% of the game and if at any stage another team starts playing better footy they let there guard down. we played better footy than them and where getting first hands to it.
[/b]

Where as the team that laid down and let another run over the top of them in the last 5 minutes after having the game won showed heart?
as someone else said you ran us of our legs, we are more fit and determand so dont expect that to happen again.
Depends if he gets injured or not again

I find it funny a Richmond supporter calling any player a pea-heart when their team was disgraceful in round 1 and showed how much heart they have.
the club sent a message after that game. you dont want to play for the club then you wont get a game. and they put some players in that would put it all on the line for there team mates and the club.
Have a look in your own backyard mate. Anyone would think you were 1st and we were last with the confidence on the Richmond forum.
yeh, but richmond supporters have always been like that.

I'm not sure how we can be the ones being accused of arrogance. We finished 6 spots ahead of Richmond and are 2 games ahead after 2 rounds, don't we have every reason to be confident?

I'm not sure how we can be the ones being accused of arrogance. We finished 6 spots ahead of Richmond and are 2 games ahead after 2 rounds, don't we have every reason to be confident?

You guys are a top 4 team and I would hardly call you arrogant. You are acceptably confident. :thumbsu:

as someone else said you ran us of our legs, we are more fit and determand so dont expect that to happen again.

Based on Round 1? Or being run over the top of in round 2?

the club sent a message after that game. you dont want to play for the club then you wont get a game. and they put some players in that would put it all on the line for there team mates and the club.

But you didn't win. Sure, good effort, but you didn't win. You can't make the finals by just giving a good effort.

I'm not intentionally trying to sound arrogant, but we're a better team, and we know how to win. We'll win this week.

Based on Round 1? Or being run over the top of in round 2?

But you didn't win. Sure, good effort, but you didn't win. You can't make the finals by just giving a good effort.

I'm not intentionally trying to sound arrogant, but we're a better team, and we know how to win. We'll win this week.

Then how is it you didnt beat us last time we met?

Not arrogant, yeah right. :rolleyes:

if we match that intencity again from last week, we can beat any side, except for geelong. but we can even top them off if we get a FF with defensive presure, a good mark, a good kick, can tackle hard, knows how to win a free kick:eek:, and can make space. then i think we will be right up there.

carn the tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm going. I can't wait for this one. After last weeks game, I've been hanging to see if we can back it up. I'm expecting a win but we must play 4 quarters. Or else the Dogs will roll us.

Tiges by 19.

Gee the arrogance of the Dogs supporters is REALLY surprising... :eek:

Yeah i suppose we shouldn't be backing up our team we support. Especially since we finished 3rd compared to 9th , and won our first two games, richmond were run over in both matches. Of course we will think we can win by a fair bit.

Also remember that dogs supports do not like Brown and Wallace.

As for the game , Dogs by 18 :)

first doggies game that i will be able to watch this year, keen to see the younger kids to play well, hoping boyd has a big game. dogs by 3+ goals

We were shithouse.

Seems like Richmond supporters don't know the difference between confidence and arrogance. How could we not expect our team to win easily? I would say your supporters reaction to this game is more arrogant. I highly doubt Bulldogs supporters would be confident if we were in your position playing a top side.

Not arrogant, yeah right. :rolleyes:

We didn't beat richmond last time because we had a bad day--something richmond fans would relate to in recent times, but for all the talk about that game richmond did not win either....

I fail to see how its arrogant to think a top 4 team will safely account for an 8th-10th team....easpecially one that hasn't beaten us in the last 5 games.

Woofers by 6 goals with superior skills being the key difference.

I tipped the Dogs but I think if Richmond play like they did last week, it will be enough to cause an upset. Richo is going to fire I think,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back