U18 Champs Round 3 - SA vs Vic Metro

Remove this Banner Ad

finally the better Vic Metro players played to the level we all thought they could, but in contrast SA really struggled at home after last weeks well fought win against a strong WA side

the best players imo
1. Schoenberg - SA - clearly the best player on the ground, he was everywhere and involved in most good plays by SA
2. Mahony - VM - had his best game for the Championships and was a reason they played so much better, tough little guy who never wastes a disposal, i was expecting a performance like this all Championships from him after seeing him last year.
3. Bianco - VM - his kicking is a weapon, it split SA in half on few occasions and really highlights his value when he is on, he has been getting better each game, he started cold V VC, then did pretty well against WA and was on fire against SA.
4. Rowell - VM - worked extremely hard all game to get the VM engine room rolling and had some good runs, consistent performer
5. Anderson - VM - had some up and downs, kicked 2 goals after missing a couple of shots, but is working into some good form
6. Mead - SA - got a lot of quick kicks forward and gained ground for SA, played well in general and got the side going forward
7. Mott - VM - was the best game in the Championships for Mott, he actually hit targets and was clean with useful disposal
8. Worrell - VM - scored another bag of goals to help VM score, this time he bagged 3 goals and was useful at both ends of the ground
9. D.Stephens - SA - run hard and linked up well in the mid, a bit disappointed with his form from my expectations based on his good performances at SANFL level i was hoping he would be bigger and more impactful in the Championships than he has been
10. Magor - SA - tried hard off of half back and gave SA some rebound off of half back, but it didnt matter as VM dominated the general play

others i thought played well were Day and McEntee for SA as well as Gould in bursts at half back, Searle kicking 2 goals to give SA a chance showed character, McNeil and Edwards also showed a bit, for VM i thought Maginness and Carafa were good on the inside and Bergman showed some form as a wing and forw at different times during the game, Bryan also had his best game against a SA team that doesnt have a real ruck, McAsey again played well also

Last edited:
Anderson burnt the ball every time he got it in the first half.

Bryan looks a better ruckman than Jackson for mine.

Mahony, Bianco & Rowell are the elite ball users for the Vics.

Potter has pace to burn & knows how & when to use it.

McAsey & Worrall look to be the class talls....Bergman has a certain something.

Anderson burnt the ball every time he got it in the first half.

Bryan looks a better ruckman than Jackson for mine.

Mahony, Bianco & Rowell are the elite ball users for the Vics.

Potter has pace to burn & knows how & when to use it.

McAsey & Worrall look to be the class talls....Bergman has a certain something.
Must have missed his two absolute pearler kicks inside 50 in the first quarter then, his second quarter was the worst I’ve seen from him in terms of kicking inside 50.

I've re watched the replay and I do have to say that Anderson's ball use was well below average, but in saying that he wasn't alone...skill errors were rife through this game.

I'd love to see the disposal efficiency stats for that game.

Worrell looks like he'll make a very good prospect and really can play just about anywhere.

MaAsey is the best KPB in this draft class and by a fair stretch.

SA had way to many passengers today and probably went into this one thinking Metro weren't going to bring the pressure like the first two games.

VM have definitely opened this comp up now with that win over SA....brings WA and themselves back into the hunt, tho still looks like a battle between SA and VC....would need WA to beat VC well tho and the VC/ SA game to be a nailbiter as well....with from WA perspective VC winning I think

VM have definitely opened this comp up now with that win over SA....brings WA and themselves back into the hunt, tho still looks like a battle between SA and VC....would need WA to beat VC well tho and the VC/ SA game to be a nailbiter as well....with from WA perspective VC winning I think

The VM win has defs made it a 3 horse race but VM can in absolutely no way win the champs. Losses to VC and WA guarantee that on head to head alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back