Preview Round 3 v Sydney MCG Sunday March 31st 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise if we don’t win, it’s because Sydney are better yes?
You obviously don't get to the games live because our boys get their heads ripped off and its play on, its getting beyond a joke that every time we get a run on there are a few 50'50 frees in the oppos forward line that snubs us out

You obviously don't get to the games live because our boys get their heads ripped off and its play on, its getting beyond a joke that every time we get a run on there are a few 50'50 frees in the oppos forward line that snubs us out
I do go to games live, I am just over the umpires as an excuse even though it’s valid. We all know Sydney are a better side that won’t change tomorrow.

I do go to games live, I am just over the umpires as an excuse even though it’s valid. We all know Sydney are a better side that won’t change tomorrow.
We know they are a better side but at the same time we don't need heeney getting paid for marks that bounce first and all other BS calls, I want FAIR adjudication is that too much to ask

We know they are a better side but at the same time we don't need heeney getting paid for marks that bounce first and all other BS calls, I want FAIR adjudication is that too much to ask
These day and when the RFC is involved ..........Yes, it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline looks really good...

It's fast fast (Brown, Miller and Rioli all run the 20 in about 2.8 secs)

with kicking skills and three quality intercept marks in Broad, Vlastuin and Brown

And a genuine stopper at Full Back in Young to stop the Swans main man.

One thing I find horrendous in our last two games is that we had fewer disposals AND fewer tackles than our opponents. It shows that our opponents are working harder and smarter without the ball than us despite having more possessions. It's obvious when watching the game too because we see so many stationary players ball-watching. The moment the opposition starts their kick-marking chains, our players immediately run to our defence instead of manning up, resulting in an inside 50 to our opposition.

This explains so many of our stats:
  • 18th in pressure
  • 17th in average marking differential
  • 17th in inside 50s differential
  • 17th in disposals differential
  • 17th in metres gained differential

Not to mention, we are 18th in effective disposals differential between us and our opponents (16th in kicking efficiency % and 18th in handball efficiency %) and of course 1st in clangers. So we don't use the ball very well compared to our opponents.

If Yze can't address every one of our problems due to personnel and skill level, then he at least needs to address our running patterns off the ball. They need to man up when the opposition have the ball and work smarter. Otherwise, we will quickly find ourselves in the bottom 2 even below North Melbourne and Hawthorn. Yay to pick 2 I guess, but no yays for our season.

Sydney will destroy us if we don't improve this by tomorrow.

Good post. We’re going about as well as the 0-3 says we’re going.

Good post. We’re going about as well as the 0-3 says we’re going.

you'd think looking at that the positive is we are only losing by an average of 24 points despite all those bad stats.

The reality tho is our percentage is a measly 75% as we are not scoring. We are losing by "only" 24pts, but scoring only 77

My fear is a massive hiding is just around the corner and once that happens the group will crumble as the reality sets in. This was Richmond's life pre-2017. We never made finals, but some of those years we got some god almighty hidings once the groups shoulders dropped. The more games of other teams i watch, the more i think we are bottom 3-4.

The more games of other teams i watch, the more i think we are bottom 3-4.
And that may even be understating how bad we are. Bottom 2 for me. Injuries, too many experienced players who are past their best with too many inexperienced players who haven't reached theirs yet. The amount of players we have in their prime is unfortunately not enough.

Actually, some of the injury related absences (Prestia, Grimes, Graham) aren't necessarily a bad thing.

game day.. feeling's are we will cop a hiding
with nothing to loose... and the ladder does not mean much to us, just run and blitz out team
(would of been the perfect game for Judson to play-not happy he was dropped)
screw sydney -just give it your all boys !!!

Things I notice is that we get sucked into the contest and don’t keep players on the outside and then we are slow to get to the next contest. All things that Sydney do really well. But when we do get the balance right and then the umpires give a stupid free kick you see the intensity drop for a few minutes. Some of our most experienced players are the worst. Sydney don’t need the umpires to beat us but the umpires could change it for an interesting game to a thrashing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back