Game Day Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big day for the club with the back to back games in Saints colours on free to air coverage and for the main game
Ramifications of a win/loss could be season defining!
With the block of some seriously difficult games for a month after this means for us to get some serious traction and momentum
A Win is a must today in what looks a very winnable game!
Tactics, set up and how we approach the contest will be crucial in determining the outcome!
Must avoid getting schooled by Clarko and co in the box with our mindset of whether or not we are the hunters that serve it up the
Way we want to play and be aggressive and positive as opposed to being reactive and dictated to is what i want to see!

Have no doubt that if we bring all the intensity and focus on playing to our strengths with our attitude and belief we can break
the Hawks open and have the type of big win this club needs to bounce right up in the comp and make a statement for how our year will be!
Back ourselves in and serve it right up and i honestly believe we can no only win but win large, alternatively if we come out timid, unsure and negative
We will get pantsed in the manner of Good Friday last year!
Should learn today of what the narrative of our whole year will be really!....It's a Huge sliding doors game....We either stand tall and be counted and give ourselves
The confidence to be able to mix it with the big boys or we will freefall back into selfdoubt and the same defeatist attitude of last year! Our mental strength/fragility will be
Put to the test! D-Day for the Saints!

Strangely i'm confident that we will be up for it and i believe they are very vulnerable right now and firmly believe we can and will win by 25+
We more than owe these arrogant pricks! Be Bold and Brave Saints! :stkilda:

If we kick accurately we're a good chance. If we shoot ourselves in the foot with accuracy again we lose this one easily.

One more important key to this game, we need to stem the bleeding when teams get a run on. One goal cannot become 3, 4 straight. This happened with Suns, Essendon and Freo. The momentum swings are game changers.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just heard that watching the Sandy game myself... Dan Howe out for Box Hill is interesting too, fits the mould of a replacement for Jaeger.

Maybe Geary for us? Been sore the last week or so from all reports?!
Think there was talk of Brown still recovering from concussion symptoms too. May be the reason for Joyce.

Just heard that watching the Sandy game myself... Dan Howe out for Box Hill is interesting too, fits the mould of a replacement for Jaeger.

Maybe Geary for us? Been sore the last week or so from all reports?!

I hope not.
May not be a popular decision here but I think Gears is vital for us.

The Hawks board said two players withdrawn for them.

I hope not.
May not be a popular decision here but I think Gears is vital for us.

The Hawks board said two players withdrawn for them.

Yeah same here... coming off a very good game last week too.

Maybe O’Meara and Roughead? I think the obvious one is Jaegar for the hawks he was under an injury cloud the whole week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah same here... coming off a very good game last week too.

Maybe O’Meara and Roughead? I think the obvious one is Jaegar for the hawks he was under an injury cloud the whole week.

If it is true then this game can be our stepping stone for a successful season. We gotta win this game. Ratten will play a big role in this game.

Makes sense, White is a bit of a like for like I guess!

Apparently O’Meara and Impey out for hawks... Impey isn’t confirmed but that’s the name I’m seeing on the hawks board.

Not great if Gearys out. But here’s the opportunity for White if he’s the replacement. Hope he’s hungry.

This is the first year I'll agree. He's really stepped up his game this year, he's playing like a captain. We'll be poorer without him, and I wouldn't have said that last year.

We definitely will be. Wouldn't be too many other players more important in our team right now.

Losing Geary is unfortunate. He’s been very good this year. I love the way he plays his footy.

It’s a great chance for his replacement. And a great chance for Ross to lead this club in Geary’s absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back