Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of you guys are so heavy on trades.. you shouldn't be so keen to trade out your premiums, especially Fyfe. Fyfe is 80% likely to play this week, if not definite the next.

I also fell in the trap of trading out Broughton for Dempsey, but for those who have him, dont make any decisions too quickly, at least wait for the teams. I still think he is worth holding on to.

I'll start off by apologising for my lack of expertise shown in my questions!

I have Fyfe, Dempsey and Lake.

My first question is am I better off keeping Dempsey (putting Bugg on to cover) and offloading Lake? Or vice versa? Dempsey could reinjur and could possibly miss up to 3 or maybe even 4 games?? Whereas Lake will only miss one.

If I trade out Lake and Fyfe, I'd like to bring in Goddard. Would this be an okay time to bring him in?

I have 233,000 spare, so if I am to upgrade Lake to Goddard, I need to downgrade Fyfe to somebody 477,000 or less (477,000 would leave me with 0).

My options:
- Zaharakis ($0 left)
- Petrie (10,000 left)
- Ballantyne (87,000)
- Darling (90,000)

I'm liking the look of Ballantyne in. Good? Bad?

My team:
B - Deledio, Carrazzo, Shaw, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Ellis (Bugg, Bouman)
M - Ablett, Murphy, Watson, Gibbs, Parker, Magner (McDonald, D.Smith)

R - Natanui, Giles (Redden, T.Campbell)

F - Franklin, Martin, Fyfe, Hale, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, A.Kennedy (Pheiffer, Dickson)
My suggestion:

IN: Goddard, Ballantyne

OUT: Fyfe, Lake

If I were you I'd try to keep your trades minimal - if Bouman isn't named I'd probably get him out and bring in someone like Smedts, depending on him being selected as well. Obviously, you want to avoid eating donuts but a single trade is worth a lot more than one donut.

If Fyfe either plays this weekend or it is announced he will be back next week or whatever I'd keep him. Lake only has a week - I'd keep him as well.

Goddard is a gold cast top 7 defender (injuries aside), I'd look at upgrading him after round 8 - the Saints play Freo and Melbourne (both in Melbourne) but then play the Hawks, the Blues and West Coast away - likely those rounds will impact his scoring. By that stage some of your cows will be around ready to be cashed in and you can get him then.

If it is announced Fyfe is gone for the season/significant time - maybe you'd try and get some sort of trade that gets him out and Goddard in - given the two premium sure-fire backs are Goddard and Delidio.

Just remember - in round 13 to avoid the donut you'll have to trade out one of your back premiums if you pick up Goddard: you have Carrazo, Delidio, and Goddard if you trade him in - the Blues, Tigers and Saints all have the bye in round 13.

All of you guys are so heavy on trades.. you shouldn't be so keen to trade out your premiums, especially Fyfe. Fyfe is 80% likely to play this week, if not definite the next.

I also fell in the trap of trading out Broughton for Dempsey, but for those who have him, dont make any decisions too quickly, at least wait for the teams. I still think he is worth holding on to.

^ ^ this. :thumbsu:

Hey guys,

Need some help on my backline.
So far ive traded out Fyfe for Hawkins which left me with $137k in the bank.
I was thinking of trading out H.Shaw for someone around the $400k range, if i do this, next week i will have around 250 in the bank which will let me trade out Coniglio for someone like Masten or Hayes.

My Backline: Delidio, Scotland, 'Shaw', Broughton, Hargrave, Bugg

Not sure what to do. Do i keep Coniglio? Keep Shaw?
Help will be much appreciated :)
Thanks

Hey guys,

Need some help on my backline.
So far ive traded out Fyfe for Hawkins which left me with $137k in the bank.
I was thinking of trading out H.Shaw for someone around the $400k range, if i do this, next week i will have around 250 in the bank which will let me trade out Coniglio for someone like Masten or Hayes.

My Backline: Delidio, Scotland, 'Shaw', Broughton, Hargrave, Bugg

Not sure what to do. Do i keep Coniglio? Keep Shaw?
Help will be much appreciated :)
Thanks

How many trades will that leave you for the rest of the season if you trade out Shaw?

.....which BTW is a very bad idea, as is trading out Coniglio given he hasn't reached his cow potential as yet.

Shaw is a top 7 defender - who is in for a greater running role now Leon Davis is gone and the Pies, despite the fact they've struggled early this season, will be a top 6 side at the end of the year.

If I were you I'd try to keep your trades minimal - if Bouman isn't named I'd probably get him out and bring in someone like Smedts, depending on him being selected as well. Obviously, you want to avoid eating donuts but a single trade is worth a lot more than one donut.

If Fyfe either plays this weekend or it is announced he will be back next week or whatever I'd keep him. Lake only has a week - I'd keep him as well.

Goddard is a gold cast top 7 defender (injuries aside), I'd look at upgrading him after round 8 - the Saints play Freo and Melbourne (both in Melbourne) but then play the Hawks, the Blues and West Coast away - likely those rounds will impact his scoring. By that stage some of your cows will be around ready to be cashed in and you can get him then.

If it is announced Fyfe is gone for the season/significant time - maybe you'd try and get some sort of trade that gets him out and Goddard in - given the two premium sure-fire backs are Goddard and Delidio.

Just remember - in round 13 to avoid the donut you'll have to trade out one of your back premiums if you pick up Goddard: you have Carrazo, Delidio, and Goddard if you trade him in - the Blues, Tigers and Saints all have the bye in round 13.

Plenty to think about! Thanks. Thinking I'll hold off to see if Fyfe plays.
Any thoughts on Ballantyne if I do go throught with my suggestion?

Just looked above at my post and having looked at the structure of the byes tonight I'm pretty sure it's going to be hard to avoid some donuts over that period - so having Carazzo, Lids and Goddard is probably acceptable given everyone is going to cop some pain over that rd 11-13 period.

He'd be a unique pick but if you look over his history he's not that consistent - you have to ask yourself if he's going to be a top 7 forward by the end of the year - if you think he is, make the move. Remember he's up against Goodes, Pavlich, Nick Reiwoldt, a whole host of other players who will probably score better.

Freo look like they'll be up there this year which will certainly help his scoring, being a forward - but there's a reason why he's priced where he is.

If Fyfe isn't named.

Fyfe > Roughead or Lewis?

Or are there better options that will average 100+ for certain?

Thanks in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hale to redden, making rucks sandi, giles , redden, orren s

goodes / martin to ablett making mids ablett, boyd, mitchell, magner, bartel, conginlio,(shiel, wingard)

need ablett , downgrading hale gives me the cash to swap goodes or martin

good or bad trades?

Martin maybe but definitely don't trade out Goodes. He's only going to miss a week. :cool:

If Fyfe isn't named.

Thanks in advance

If Fyfe isn't named.

Thanks in advance

LOL, that was the 3rd time you asked, Out of the two i'd probably go Lewis, consistent midfield time, loves contested possestions, only downfall is that he does tagging jobs and it may affect his scores.

I was also thinking of Harvey for North, he has support now which mean he doesn't get the tag like he once did.

Likely to hold off trading Fyfe, even if he's done for the year. I've got cover and there's a few premium priced guys who could be a bit cheaper in a week of two. Probably be round 6 at the earliest I make another trade (1st one spent on Pffiefer for Milera).

Any thoughts for a couple of sub $150k rookies :) My bench situation at the moment is quite horrible lol
James McDonald is the obvious one, provided he's getting regular game time etc. His suspension is up this week.

Other than that, Brandon Ellis is $159k if you can rustle up the extra 9 from somewhere, Dylan Shiel and Clay Smith are both just over $150k as well, Aaron Hall is just under. Tom Couch also seems to be getting a few mentions, but hasn't played a game yet, so you might wanna enquire about him. Hope that helps.

James McDonald is the obvious one, provided he's getting regular game time etc. His suspension is up this week.

Other than that, Brandon Ellis is $159k if you can rustle up the extra 9 from somewhere, Dylan Shiel and Clay Smith are both just over $150k as well, Aaron Hall is just under. Tom Couch also seems to be getting a few mentions, but hasn't played a game yet, so you might wanna enquire about him. Hope that helps.

Thanks mate! Appreciate it!

agree - fyfe's price will take a serious dent over the next few weeks even if he gets up & plays from here...lyon has said today one more dislocation and they'll likely tip him out for the season, or however long it takes to get it right...hypothetically, if thats in a month from now he could be low 400's by then, and the ability to sideways trade a genuine premium from the beginning of the season into another is gone.

due to the lack of appeal of many of the fwds at the moment, with the likely top 8-10 for the season still sorting themselves out, in what is generally the most volatile scoring position of SC - considering switching fyfe into the mids and trading for j.kennedy (syd) or s.selwood....this would seriously weaken my fwd line until i start properly upgrading my fwd line - leaving me with buddy, goodes, danger, porps then the usual fwd rookies...is this madness? or am i better off playing it safe for team balance & picking up boomber or roo (stkil)?

Just looking at the 1 trade this week, Grimes needs to go i think now before he drops too far in price. Break even of 92 when he comes back and with 85k sitting there might be a good option to offload now. the only question is to go up, or go down to Geary? I like him as an option given not many will have him. What is his job security like at the saints though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back