Autopsy Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys.... it’s amazing we have played so well, we are on top of the ladder blah blah blah

It’s round 5 and no we haven’t arrived ... yet.

The past isnt forgiven off 5 weeks of football. Let’s see where we stand in a months time or even by the bye.

So by all means enjoy yesterday and the positives of the first 5 weeks. But we really need to calm down as a supporter base. We as stkilda supporters should know best about taking the lid off early.

George that is excellent, TV really didn't capture that moment.

Watching live the spirit shown by the players after JB kicked the after the siren goal, just shows they are playing as a team and genuinely happy for their teammates to succeed.

Haven't seen this spirit in a long time at the Saints
Agree mate. I said it last night, but I thought that the way the crowd erupted after JB's goal was more of a "we have arrived" roar than just cheering on a win. It felt like much more than that. After years and years of being down the bottom end of the ladder the supporters have jumped back on board I reckon. I haven't heard a roar like that from our supporters since Goddard took that mark in the 2010 GF.

It was a build up of 9 years in the wilderness. I want to keep a lid on things but gee it's bloody hard at the moment.

Guys.... it’s amazing we have played so well, we are on top of the ladder blah blah blah

The past isnt forgiven off 5 weeks of football. Let’s see where we stand in a months time or even by the bye.

So by all means enjoy yesterday and the positives of the first 5 weeks. But we really need to calm down as a supporter base. We as stkilda supporters should know best about taking the lid off early.
To be totally honest it makes no difference how we act as supporters. It’s how the players act

665942.jpg
Satan lurking in the background

To be totally honest it makes no difference how we act as supporters. It’s how the players act

True.
And they have belief, that is plain to see.

No one’s saying we’ll win the flag, but we can certainly enjoy watching a vastly improved team and game plan from last year, and go to the footy with a little more hope and optimism than we did last season.

And TBH there is a little of “ sticking it up to the experts” enjoyment about it too - juvenile as that may be ;)

6BCE98EC-E5DF-4211-BCD9-84B114CCB540.jpeg A9514E0E-FA11-4054-97D1-453CBE1B470B.jpeg

True.
And they have belief, that is plain to see.

No one’s saying we’ll win the flag, but we can certainly enjoy watching a vastly improved team and game plan from last year, and go to the footy with a little more hope and optimism than we did last season.

And TBH there is a little of “ sticking it up to the experts” enjoyment about it too - juvenile as that may be ;)
The only expert I ever care about sticking it up is that purple campaigner.

What a win. Just a solid team performance. I’ll say more later but that was the most exciting win we’ve had for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

managed to get the recording on just in time. good man!
Interesting what he reinforced about the changes to the coaching group!
What a lot of us were screaming about preseason. Get them believing in themselves again by constantly reminding
Them about what their strengths are and how the whole feel is completely different with the emphasis on positivity!
And to Richo's credit he seems to have embraced the change himself!

It's good to see supporters like you triggering bro keeping a lid on things mate. That's a pretty fair assessment of our year I reckon.
I’ve got losing two Round 23 we will rest 17 players. Carlisle geary hanners Steven and king will play because they won’t need a rest.

We understand it is round 5, but if you cant see what we did yesterday on the back of what we have done since the JLT, then thats a bit sad.

Best I have seen us play since we were challenging. This on the back of a shocking year, and the emergence of Billings, Gres, Long Parker and Wilkie.

Reality may be as soon as next week, but the signs are very good.

Dont think anyone here needs concern trolling, its football, we know what happens.

I’ve got losing two Round 23 we will rest 17 players. Carlisle geary hanners Steven and king will play because they won’t need a rest.
Go one better and forfeit the game, no need to even bother turning up.

Correct but we as a supporter base could be looking stupid in a few weeks if we come crashing back to reality.

I will never get ahead of myself even if I jokingly make it sound like I have. Others may choose to get ahead of themselves but I think most are joking. Enjoy the fun. It may not last

Marshall and Parker loved the win at the G.
First game there for them, same for Paton and Wilkie too and neither of them especially Wilkie looked like they'd played less than 100. They will have even more confidence going into this week.
Agree mate. I said it last night, but I thought that the way the crowd erupted after JB's goal was more of a "we have arrived" roar than just cheering on a win. It felt like much more than that. After years and years of being down the bottom end of the ladder the supporters have jumped back on board I reckon. I haven't heard a roar like that from our supporters since Goddard took that mark in the 2010 GF.

It was a build up of 9 years in the wilderness. I want to keep a lid on things but gee it's bloody hard at the moment.
Haha wasn't quite the same level as Goddard's mark (gave my old man a panic attack, possibly near on heart attack)

It was good though, tbh I think everyone was just stoked to see billings nail a set shot for once! And it was just a cherry on top for the Arvo/year so far.

Marshall and Parker loved the win at the G.
First game there for them, same for Paton and Wilkie too and neither of them especially Wilkie looked like they'd played less than 100. They will have even more confidence going into this week.

Haha wasn't quite the same level as Goddard's mark (gave my old man a panic attack, possibly near on heart attack)

It was good though, tbh I think everyone was just stoked to see billings nail a set shot for once! And it was just a cherry on top for the Arvo/year so far.
Nah I meant since that mark. I haven't heard a roar like it for years. There's the usual cheer after a goal or after a win but this felt a lot different.

I will never get ahead of myself even if I jokingly make it sound like I have. Others may choose to get ahead of themselves but I think most are joking. Enjoy the fun. It may not last

Yea definitely. In all seriousness I reckon we’re a good shout for finals. I’ll take 12.5 wins & 8th spot.

Great post plugs
Didn’t mention this yesterday but had an interesting chat to a guy who does the board in the coaches box. Firstly he said how relaxed it is this year compared to last. He did say though the new runners rule can be frustrating as they can’t change the match style during a quarter. The other interesting thing was richo saying to rats your man has one more week. You have backed him rats so he better deliver. The man was Kent. I reckon that’s great between 2 coaches. Tough by richo but also tough by rats backing his player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back