Preview Round 5, 2022 vs Carlton @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys are delusional if you think Hinkley wont be given a reprieve for not only having Dixon & Aliir out but now also Ollie.

The media gaslights will be burning with full force come Sunday evening and we, the supporters, shall be the reason the Earth ceases to rotate.

This.

The only way Hinkley leaves this year is if he chooses to, or some sort of unsurvivable scandal comes to light.

The absence of Aliir, Dixon, Wines, Gray (and don’t forget ‘2 first rounders, Duursma and 100 Bitcoin should get that deal done’-Fantasia) is basically a license to lose by 15 goals each week from here.

This.

The only way Hinkley leaves this year is if he chooses to, or some sort of unsurvivable scandal comes to light.

The absence of Aliir, Dixon, Wines, Gray (and don’t forget ‘2 first rounders, Duursma and 100 Bitcoin should get that deal done’-Fantasia) is basically a license to lose by 15 goals each week from here.

A 10 year, 0 premiership coach can't survive the sort of win/loss we're going to post this year, regardless of mitigating factors.

A 10 year, 0 premiership coach can't survive the sort of win/loss we're going to post this year, regardless of mitigating factors.
I can't blame people for thinking it's a prime opportunity for Koch to blame the injuries & add that we need to bolster support around Ken in the box next year in a we miscalculated on that type spin.

I can't blame people for thinking it's a prime opportunity for Koch to blame the injuries & add that we need to bolster support around Ken in the box next year in a we miscalculated on that type spin.

Yeah I understand the fear but realistically this isn't going to be a 12-10/9th type season where we are contention until the last game and there isn't enough time for the unrest to build. By mid season, maybe sooner, there's going to be intense weekly media pressure, sub 20k crowds, etc. You can't bat away that pressure for months, it'll get to them eventually.

DBD25A2E-56A8-46E6-B0E2-5079161BFC09.gif

Port Nation when exactly that happens ☝️

Spuds that tear us apart thread will be bumped. Mitch McGovern

Spuds that tear us apart thread will be bumped. Mitch McGovern
Won't play, injured still

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I for one can't wait!

5ive.jpg

Yeah I understand the fear but realistically this isn't going to be a 12-10/9th type season where we are contention until the last game and there isn't enough time for the unrest to build. By mid season, maybe sooner, there's going to be intense weekly media pressure, sub 20k crowds, etc. You can't bat away that pressure for months, it'll get to them eventually.

Agree. It's also the nature of the losses. That after the siren loss which was enough to upset your average happy clapper, followed by a goalless first half under lights in prime time is stuff that's hard to gloss over. He's actively hurting the brand right now

Carlton at home so many other reasons to think it ain't gonna be pretty . Have a weeeeurd feeling around this game

Carlton 26.14 to 6.4 Port forwards to be lauded for increasing their accuracy. Port fans criticised for not accepting you can't win every game

Port games to be televised from now on on the ocho at three am

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i reckon we win this one. I think being on the road will help our game drastically. AO and a Port team under pressure don't mix well.

If Gray plays and we pick the right mid to replace Wines with whatever strategy / plan they want to go with (so either Lycett plays and we pick the best available mid or Hayes plays and we hopefully pick Dumont as a defensive mid) we can probably win.

If Allir plays we'd pretty much have our best defensive unit available and could easily keep Carlton to a beatable score (we kept Melbourne to a low score after all, we were just horrendous with the ball).

The coaches have had a 10 days break to come up with some more s**t to throw at the wall for a forward set up, and you never know, it might work.

There's a path to victory here. Will likely come down to a) Allir's availability and b) whatever forward-line we try next

yeah i reckon we win this one. I think being on the road will help our game drastically. AO and a Port team under pressure don't mix well.
The five stages of grief (sounds like some are still in bargaining ie if we do this and etc etc) – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

Come Sunday will be all able to move to depression and Koch can move to acceptance.

The five stages of grief (sounds like some are still in bargaining ie if we do this and etc etc) – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

Come Sunday will be all able to move to depression and Koch can move to acceptance.
Where does s**t-posting fit in? That's all i've done since R1. There's no point doing anything but the last here, we're at the behest of a higher authority that doesn't give a f*** what we think or how we feel.

With our current form, there is no way we can win this in front of 50-60k Carlton fans.

0-5 just another nail in the coffin

Rule out Frederick with H/S protocol. Apparently lives with some team mates that could be affected…any ideas who?

Carlton by 25 points.

We struggle with them at the best of times, let alone when they're playing with confidence and cruising without the injuries to the KPP's that have hurt them in the past.

And given our disasterous forward system, I just can't see us scoring enough to win.

We will be 0-5, the reverse of our 2013 start when Hinkley joined us. Maybe there's some synergy in that. Ken's first year we go 5-0, Kens last year we go 0-5?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back