Trades Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will he score 150 from the half forward flank though? That's never gonna happen.
He's playing that Lachie Whitfield role poorly, Cameron would understand that and return him to the guts. No Coniglio, De Boer, Ward a wrong turn away from career over. If Sam Reid comes straight back in after his suspension imma be pissed though.

He's playing that Lachie Whitfield role poorly, Cameron would understand that and return him to the guts. No Coniglio, De Boer, Ward a wrong turn away from career over. If Sam Reid comes straight back in after his suspension imma be pissed though.

Cameron's a stubborn campaigner of a coach though. I can't see him moving Jelly into the guts just like that. No idea WTF he is doing.

If no more backline carnage (holding Daniel and Highmore so need Clark and Kosi to play), I'll likely trade Butters to Oliver and maaaaaybe one of Scott or Brockman to Waterman. If Clark or Kosi get dropped then I'll go early on Jones.

Even, as I type, I realise that these trade plans are fraught, as Scott will play before the Sunday teams are announced. It is well covered ground but the rolling team naming make planning for this game impossible. And it rewards luck more than good planning. For a number of weeks I've held over a trade I would have otherwise named in the fear that I'll cop a donut in my incredibly thin backline. Really frustrating.

Cameron's a stubborn campaigner of a coach though. I can't see him moving Jelly into the guts just like that. No idea WTF he is doing.
Jelly's CBA's
R1 10- good, score down coz rain. Score 98
R2 6- s**t Score 90
R3 0- WTF leon Score 100
R4 6- s**t Score 90

He's finding a way to somehow score decently without time in the middle, all he needs is that little bit extra and he starts tonning up again, or, he stays in this role but works his way into some form.

If i was Leon Cameron, i'd be playing Jelly off the half back, he's one of the best ball users going around, he can easily generate some run and dare from the back half like Whitfield did last year.

Of course i am, luck is a double edged sword, you wear the bad ones, you get rewarded with the good ones. I don't like sideways trades unless absolutely necessary (like if Jelly began consistently churning out sub 80's). I'm just waiting for that big 150+ that he can give us, then my patience will be vindicated.

It’s not a trade conservation game you know

Not sure how 1 x 150 vindicates 10 weeks of 80. But it’s your team

I know some folks have lives, but I would never do both trades on a Thursday, unless one of the players was playing that night. So much could happen between then and when you actually need to pull the trigger.
100%
I got Steele in this week.
Had to do both trades yesterday.
Shitting my dacks a bit now.

Last edited:
Impey still a good get?

With Butters and Heeney both out, I'm thinking of trading one for Impey and then through the magic of DPP turning the other into Macrae.

I hope he is. I’m pretty much locked into Butters to Impey, hoping Impey is good enough for permanent F6. The money banked will get me Oliver next week.
I have only used one trade so far, so I think it’s a gamble worth taking.

ImissFrosty you’re making a strange case as to Leon Cameron having a brain as a football coach. You have to understand mate that he has NFI.

Firstly, he drops Phil Davis as co captain to make Cogs sole captained which from all reports hurt Davis immensely going into 2020.
Cogs then as the captain of his football club was dropped by Leon himself despite them going into a do or die game which they lost and ended their year. At the time he wasn’t even close to their worst contributor.
Secondly, he refuses to play Tom Green, arguably their best young up and coming midfielder in the guts.
Thirdly, he plays Cal Ward on a HBF/HFF when he’s an average ball user and should never have left the guts. He’s their barometer and is still a very good player, ala Travis Boak.
Fourthly, he is playing Jelly on a HFF with zero CBA’s and is giving Brent ******* Daniels 12 attendances a game when he’s a little midget who is paid to kick goals.
Fifthly, he says ideally Mummy should play 6 or 7 games because they want to ‘develop’ Flynn and Briggs as rucks yet Mummy is a ruck coach and has said himself he’s there purely as back up so why give Mummy 6/7 pointless games whilst Flynn is fit to play?

I’m not sure about you but Leon has the keys to the Ferrari but every game I watch them they play a different brand of footy and the players look clueless. They really have no excuse, their talent is still incredibly high.

TLDR I’m not sure Leon has the brains to put Jelly back in the guts. He’s kicked 4 goals in the last two matches and had 20+ both games so to him it’s a win, but for the Giants to be a gun side Jelly needs it arguably 35 times because he is magic every time he gets the ball.
The best thing for the Giants is for Leon to walk imo

ImissFrosty you’re making a strange case as to Leon Cameron having a brain as a football coach. You have to understand mate that he has NFI.

Firstly, he drops Phil Davis as co captain to make Cogs sole captained which from all reports hurt Davis immensely going into 2020.
Cogs then as the captain of his football club was dropped by Leon himself despite them going into a do or die game which they lost and ended their year. At the time he wasn’t even close to their worst contributor.
Secondly, he refuses to play Tom Green, arguably their best young up and coming midfielder in the guts.
Thirdly, he plays Cal Ward on a HBF/HFF when he’s an average ball user and should never have left the guts. He’s their barometer and is still a very good player, ala Travis Boak.
Fourthly, he is playing Jelly on a HFF with zero CBA’s and is giving Brent ******* Daniels 12 attendances a game when he’s a little midget who is paid to kick goals.
Fifthly, he says ideally Mummy should play 6 or 7 games because they want to ‘develop’ Flynn and Briggs as rucks yet Mummy is a ruck coach and has said himself he’s there purely as back up so why give Mummy 6/7 pointless games whilst Flynn is fit to play?

I’m not sure about you but Leon has the keys to the Ferrari but every game I watch them they play a different brand of footy and the players look clueless. They really have no excuse, their talent is still incredibly high.

TLDR I’m not sure Leon has the brains to put Jelly back in the guts. He’s kicked 4 goals in the last two matches and had 20+ both games so to him it’s a win, but for the Giants to be a gun side Jelly needs it arguably 35 times because he is magic every time he gets the ball.
The best thing for the Giants is for Leon to walk imo
good post, still not trading Jelly.
I don't actually agree that the Giants have a lot of talent, they've got a bottom 6 list IMO. Past Greene, Jelly, Coniglio, TT, Whitfield and Haynes, there is a clear void of talent. Their only notable young players to have shown potential so far are Green, Ash, Hill and Taylor. They have 0 forward line past Greene and maybe Himmelberg, their midfield is all one paced and poor users bar Kelly and their defence is aging but solid considering how much they're having to do.

Cameron is coaching really poorly right now, but nobody can deny that he can coach, their game plan in 16/17 was unstoppable, they played some seriously sexy football. Now, a lot of those key pieces are gone and their ball movement has gone with it. The return of Whitfield should boost this massively, he's the best and most creative kick in the game, his return should also benefit Jelly as they form a lethal tag team once out in the open.

Yes Jelly has been banished to hff so far this year, but he hasn't even played well there, Kelly's as much to blame as anybody for his poor scoring. Cameron should move him back to the guts to try regain some form but that is a big risk playing an out of form player straight in at the coldface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't actually agree that the Giants have a lot of talent, they've got a bottom 6 list IMO. Past Greene, Jelly, Coniglio, TT, Whitfield and Haynes, there is a clear void of talent. Their only notable young players to have shown potential so far are Green, Ash, Hill and Taylor. They have 0 forward line past Greene and maybe Himmelberg, their midfield is all one paced and poor users bar Kelly and their defence is aging but solid considering how much they're having to do.

Cameron is coaching really poorly right now, but nobody can deny that he can coach, their game plan in 16/17 was unstoppable, they played some seriously sexy football. Now, a lot of those key pieces are gone and their ball movement has gone with it. The return of Whitfield should boost this massively, he's the best and most creative kick in the game, his return should also benefit Jelly as they form a lethal tag team once out in the open.

Yes Jelly has been banished to hff so far this year, but he hasn't even played well there, Kelly's as much to blame as anybody for his poor scoring. Cameron should move him back to the guts to try regain some form but that is a big risk playing an out of form player straight in at the coldface.

They don’t have a lot of talent?
Kelly, Cogs, Whitfield, TT, Haynes, Perryman,
Hopper, Greene, Davis, Ward, HH are all very good players.
Add Taylor, Ash, Finlayson, Cumming, Riccardi, XOH, Bruhn, Daniels, Green plus guys who’ve shown a bit like Bobby Hill, Idun, Buckley. They have Hogan Preuss & MDB around, Bruhn and Stone their early picks from last year. Not even close to a bottom 6 list.

Their team in 2016/17 was out of this world, pretty easy team to coach given the age profile they had and the immense talent across the board. Leon can’t adapt, he has the players at his disposal, much like Buckley but they both can’t get the most out of them.

The last bit in bold I don’t think anyone would argue over. But my whole point to this conversation is that you’re assuming ‘Leon Cameron’ will make the switch? You’re saying ‘he should’ do this ‘he should’ do that, but my argument is that he’s not going to and it’s a waste of Kelly’s talent.

They don’t have a lot of talent?
Kelly, Cogs, Whitfield, TT, Haynes, Perryman,
Hopper, Greene, Davis, Ward, HH are all very good players.
Add Taylor, Ash, Finlayson, Cumming, Riccardi, XOH, Bruhn, Daniels, Green plus guys who’ve shown a bit like Bobby Hill, Idun, Buckley. They have Hogan Preuss & MDB around, Bruhn and Stone their early picks from last year. Not even close to a bottom 6 list.

Their team in 2016/17 was out of this world, pretty easy team to coach given the age profile they had and the immense talent across the board. Leon can’t adapt, he has the players at his disposal, much like Buckley but they both can’t get the most out of them.

The last bit in bold I don’t think anyone would argue over. But my whole point to this conversation is that you’re assuming ‘Leon Cameron’ will make the switch? You’re saying ‘he should’ do this ‘he should’ do that, but my argument is that he’s not going to and it’s a waste of Kelly’s talent.
Getting off topic here but they seem to always have large injury lists, year in year out

1618548494002.png

Should I go:
A) Daniel & Daniher to Waterman and Oliver (via Laird DDP) leaving 177k

B) Daniel & Brockman to Waterman and Oliver leaving 68k

C) Daniel & Scott to Waterman and Oliver leaving 48k

D) Daniel & Jordan to Waterman and Oliver leaving 100k

Next week it will be Kosi or Highmore to L Jones assuming picked, and maybe an other rookie on the bubble to get the cash up.

Jelly will be fine - there's no need to trade him.
I'm definitely holding on to him too.

Judd_Magic just has itchy trade fingers and Jelly gives him $$$ to play with his trade options.

Jelly will be fine - there's no need to trade him.
I'm definitely holding on to him too.

Judd_Magic just has itchy trade fingers and Jelly gives him $$$ to play with his trade options.

I need convincing to keep Jelly mate.

What makes you think he will be fine for?

wait for Whitfield to come back, the deadly duo back at it again hitting 60 metre bullets.

Firstly, I would prefer not to sideway trade when I can i.e. not forced due to injuries or suspensions
Secondly, GWS has been going crap but he is still scoring ok - it's a long season, other players will come back in. Jelly is silk and will score big
Thirdly, injury risk is just bad luck, we've got him in our team already - it's a different proposition if someone was trading Jelly in now

Having said all that - for you, I would say stuff it and just trade him to Ridley and be done with it - Ridley is the new king gull :cool:

Silky23
yo, quit laughing as us poor Jelly owning bastards. let us s**t fight amongst ourselves on whether to trade or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back