Captains Round 5 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macrae or Crippa? Cripps obviously the safe bet but surely Macrae will go huge soon.
Decide on Sunday morning. It'll be a last minute decision for me. Cripps the obvious one coming off 2 massive scores and averaging 140+, but you know never with this game

Hird the news

Debutant
Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi Guys, I just wanted to ensure I’ve got it all correct.

Looking at my scenario in the pic have i got it all right?

Neale scores below forecast so I’ll leave him there as sub to get his 90 points and Cripps will score the double captains points?

Thanks !!
IMG_0178.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Neale scores below forecast so I’ll leave him there as sub to get his 90 points and Cripps will score the double captains points?

Thanks !! View attachment 657396

Yes and no

Yes you will get Neale's score when O'Halloran doesn't play, but you aren't giving yourself 2 shots at a 2x captain score

Example:
Rocky plays Friday
O'Halloran/donut plays Saturday
Cripps plays Sunday

Put the Vice Captain on Rocky
If Rocky scores big, let's say another 140, you then put the Captain on O'Halloran. You'll get Rocky's score x2, plus Neale's score from the bench
If Rocky scores s**t, you can then move the Captain to Cripps, taking Cripps' 2x score when he plays, again plus Neale's score from the bench

Rolling lockout...

Hopefully that makes sense

If you're too scared that you'll screw it up or you are too busy tomorrow night to decide on VC score, then just leave it how you have it and it'll work.

ps. Surely Constable on field over Stack

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
With Neale failing as VC I need to choose a C. If I had Macrae I'd choose him, but I don't. Cripps is a popular choice, but opposition mids have scored really badly against the Dogs this season. Fyfe is coming back from injury and opposition mids haven't done all that well against GWS either. Similarly, opposition rucks have struggled a bit against the Saints this year and the Melbourne mids seem incapable of taking Gawn's hitouts lately. On the other hand, opposition mids have been scoring heavily against the Suns. All that makes it very tempting to take a punt on MCrouch as C.

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
My VC/C really screwed me last week so I need to really think it through this week.

Setterfield is my only donut at this stage, unless Clark gets dropped for Geelong.

With that in mind Cripps/Macrae can’t be VC. So Cripps/Macrae/Danger my C options. Leaning towards Cripps irresistible form.

For VC I have many options, none I am overly confident in. Captain scores I would take from games played played.
Whitfield (3/4), Rocky (2/4), Gawn (1/4), Boak(4/4), Heeney (2/4).

Hmmmm, I might take Whitfield/Boak.

VC: Whitfield
C: Cripps

Hopefully I come out with at least a 120 double score this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon

You've got the loophole thing a little mixed up.
If u wanted Neale as VC he has to be on the field with the VC. If he scored big then u wouldn't have got his double points on the bench.
You make a non scoring player (O'Hallaran) captain to get your VC score,and put the E on a bench player.
If Neale fails as VC, then O'Hallaran does not need to be on the field at all, and u just put the C on Cripps.
As for now, u have to leave O'Hallaran on to get Neale score. Just put the C on Cripps

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Cant see how you lose from here, enjoy that 50k and spend it wisely my man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back