Review Round 6, 2016: Werribee Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 May 2016, 2.00pm @ Avalon Airport Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6, 2016: Werribee Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 May 2016, 2.00pm @ Avalon Airport Oval

Memo to self...don't trust Dixies thread titles!!!

Just got home from taking the family out to lunch...timed it perfectly so I could get home by 2

Round 6, 2016: Werribee Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 May 2016, 2.00pm @ Avalon Airport Oval

Memo to self...don't trust Dixies thread titles!!!

Just got home from taking the family out to lunch...timed it perfectly so I could get home by 2
How was lunch ?

How was lunch ?
Delicious.

Grill'd Burger place at the K-Mart shopping centre in East Burwood. I recommend the Chilli Addict burger

Relaxing post-meal denouement on the couch watching Box Hill...not so good

Pittonet has been bathed.

I am also one of mob who are not overly impressed with fitzpatrick but when he rucked in that third qrt we started to win the clearances, he was jumping higher at the centre bounces giving our mids first use of the ball. Pittonet does not have a leap. Needs to work on that side of his game.

Just couldn't kick goals today, even when we did... :p:mad:

We had chances to kick away with the wind in the third but Iles missed some easy shots in front of goal.

Stewart, Miles and Lovell were good in the 15 minutes I watched in the last
Spang competed well too

An unfortunate loss, however probably blew a few chances before that 'goal'

Delicious.

Grill'd Burger place at the K-Mart shopping centre in East Burwood. I recommend the Chilli Addict burger

Relaxing post-meal denouement on the couch watching Box Hill...not so good

Sounds delicious.

I am all to familiar with the K-Mart on Burwood Hwy. Open 24hrs a day. My wife was dragging me there for late night shopping this past Christmas.

I detest shopping and shopping centres although that one is not a ridiculously huge one.

Last edited:
Have to say that Box Hill were horrible. Not sure how they didn't get flogged today, thought the Miles kick was a goal but honestly, none of our listed players had a good day.

Positive was Stewart who has a lot of upside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was really disappointed with pittonet today. Didn't impact the centre bounce or around the ground at all. Kade Steawrt is one of the most promising rookies I have ever seen at box hill. Miles was really good as well. The rest of the harwthorn listed players don't warrant a mention bar heatherly who took some great contested marks

Get rid of Loqi Langferd!!

Keep Lachie Langford.

thor-and-loki.jpg

Evil Loki Langford, and his righteous brother, yesterday...

I was really disappointed with pittonet today. Didn't impact the centre bounce or around the ground at all. Kade Steawrt is one of the most promising rookies I have ever seen at box hill. Miles was really good as well. The rest of the harwthorn listed players don't warrant a mention bar heatherly who took some great contested marks
I agree with all of your points. Unlike most of the better rucks in our competition, Pittonet doesn't appear to be blessed with athleticism. I know he's still very raw but I am yet to be convinced he has the potential to be an A grade ruckman. Time will tell, but he had an average hit out today. FWIW the last shot by Miles definitely appeared to be a goal!

I agree with all of your points. Unlike most of the better rucks in our competition, Pittonet doesn't appear to be blessed with athleticism. I know he's still very raw but I am yet to be convinced he has the potential to be an A grade ruckman. Time will tell, but he had an average hit out today. FWIW the last shot by Miles definitely appeared to be a goal!

A 19 year old ruckman is written off on the basis of one game.

I think not.

A 19 year old ruckman is written off on the basis of one game.

I think not.
Not writing him off. I said he had an average hit out today & I am yet to be convinced. Was very conscious of that when I wrote that post. Also reckon he isn't blessed with athleticism. You may disagree. It's just my view but I ain't predicting the end of his career ... I also acknowledged he's still very raw & time will tell! Thought I was being quite diplomatic!

Not writing him off. I said he had an average hit out today & I am yet to be convinced. Was very conscious of that when I wrote that post. Also reckon he isn't blessed with athleticism. You may disagree. It's just my view but I ain't predicting the end of his career ...

Okay, but ruckmen often show little before they get to about 25-26 years.
If he shows any potential now, that can only be a good thing.

It's very unfair to judge them at such a young age.

Was at the game but seeing as it was televised I'm sure people have a better idea of who played well.
Can't say anyone had a good day out except my crush on Kade Stewart has grown 10 times again today. He was fantastic. 9 tackles and all of them were absolutely bone-crunching. He is deranged as an escaped mental patient and went for like 5 diving smothers in the last quarter when the game was on the line. It was just an amazing show of passion and fight for the ball. In addition added 2 contested marks to his name.

Not sure about stats totals, but as I said I don't think any players can hold their head high except Stewart, Whitecross, maybe Lovell and maybe Miles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back