Review Round 7, 2023: Northern Bullants v Box Hill Hawks, 6 May 2023, 2.05pm @ Preston City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously not as good a quarter as the second, but still good nonetheless. I'm really loving the performances of Jack O'Sullivan and Bennetts. You can tell O'Sullivan is better, but they're both playing at a high level. And Butler has been at his Butler best. I don't know how he's able to sustain such a high level of output. Mackenzie is dominating and has all the time and space in the world, but he has overshot his handballs and kicks at times. Ramsden is a gun. I don't know if he plays as a second key forward to Lewis or more as a second ruck serving who rests forward, but he'll be in our team for the next decade.

McKenzie was everywhere that quarter and he just always has time and space. Stephens found plenty of it but he let himself down big time with his disposal. Needs to spend a lot of time improving that side of his game.

Ramsden is too good for VFL, just needs a bit of extra bulk to be AFL ready I think based on last week. Good to see him back at VFL tearing it up and not dropping his head after being omitted.

Obviously not as good a quarter as the second, but still good nonetheless. I'm really loving the performances of Jack O'Sullivan and Bennetts. You can tell O'Sullivan is better, but they're both playing at a high level. And Butler has been at his Butler best. I don't know how he's able to sustain such a high level of output. Mackenzie is dominating and has all the time and space in the world, but he has overshot his handballs and kicks at times. Ramsden is a gun. I don't know if he plays as a second key forward to Lewis or more as a second ruck serving who rests forward, but he'll be in our team for the next decade.
Sam was on radio last week saying Ramma is more a forward who can ruck, than a ruck who goes forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a bow DGB - ripper play.

Absolutely flew at the leading mark & then beautiful kick into the 50 right into the breadbasket of Kosi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back