Review 2023 1st Semi Final, Box Hill Hawks v Footscray Bulldogs, 9 September 2023, 11.30am @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL grand final, should we make it, will be held 24th September at Ikon Park. I can't find a starting time anywhere?

Hawks any chance to beat GC next week?

They beat us by 64 points earlier in the year, though they only had 4 more scoring shots and the bulk of their lead was generated in one quarter, the third. Their AFL players did most of the damage, I wonder if those same players are available? Based on their selected side in the first final I think they're all elligible. Ned Moyle was dominant in the ruck, you'd think that will be curbed this time. They had too many avenues to goal last time, DGB's time to shine? Gee I hope so. Might need to tweak the game plan so it doesn't turn into a shoot out agian.

48 AFL list spots meaning they usually have a VFL team with exclusively AFL players.

Ahhh, that explains why they have a large number of AFL listed players in their side. I thought it might be because they had a lot of players not quite up to AFL standard. Must be a disincentive to play for them, knowing you are competing for a position with more players.

Hawks Collar Dogs to Set Up Prelim Date - Box Hill Hawks

Web-Slider-1.png

Hawks Collar Dogs to Set Up Prelim Date​

BySean Peter-BudgeSeptember 9, 2023
The Box Hill Hawks have recorded their first finals victory since the 2018 Grand Final, defeating the in form and dangerous Footscray by 20-points at Box Hill City Oval.
Despite being briefly headed in the third term, the Hawks booked a Preliminary Final date with Gold Coast by winning three of the four quarters on the day – while squaring the odd one out – in a superb display of finals footy.
Lachy Bramble was adjudged his side’s best player on the day, racking up a team-high 29 touches to go with six marks, two inside 50s, seven rebound 50s and seven score involvements.

etc....

Do gc have extra list spots? Or are they just a unusually good reserves team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they do - they were concessions they were afforded a couple of years back. I think they run oyt this year and they revert to the standard list sizes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back