Review 2023 1st Prelim Final, Gold Coast Suns v Box Hill Hawks, 16 September 2023, 3:00pm @ Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

His lack of discipline is what pisses me most!

Is his fitness anything to do with a lack of discipline with his diet?
6 points and he throws in a cheap shot in. Turns a 50/50 shot in a certain goal and never looked a chance from that moment

Yep he is just off the pace too often but when he is at the contest he is tough and a great tackler

Needs to have more want for the ball
I think he's still learning how and when to use his speed. No doubt he's pretty quick but as a player figuring out when to conserve and when to launch can be huge, especially as a fwd trying to create space

Regarding our borderline AFL players, the game confirmed what we already knew
  • Bramble is quick but a poor decision maker GONE
  • Kosi has deficiencies but offers massive heart KEEP
  • Jeka, great skills, doesn’t go hard enough and poor decisions too often. GONE
  • DGB is a horrible one decision maker, both with ball in hand mad with his lack and of discipline. He is the new Frost CONTRACTED
  • Morris - very limited footballer GONE
  • Long - quiet today but goes hard GONE
  • Stephens went hard today but lacks weapons CONTRACTED
  • Serong - has class but not sure what his position would be at AFL level KEEP
  • Greene - great VFL player, but not quite up to AFL. GONE

• DGB is a horrible one decision maker, both with ball in hand mad with his lack and of discipline. He is the new Frost TRADE
EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• DGB is a horrible one decision maker, both with ball in hand mad with his lack and of discipline. He is the new Frost CONTRACTED
I’d put Stephens on the rookie list to free up a senior spot, contracted or not

Can we pls give DGB a consistent run fwd. Ok to play him in defence for a bit if we are gettting pummelled.

Had 14 disposals today and attacke dthe ball andbrought it ground as fwd, we know he is hothead and can give 50's. Why play him in defence.

Mostly cause we got no other KPD to cover for his absence. Thorpe covered it for 1st half till he had enough.

We should be into Chol and Graham for both KPF and KPD roles. Bite the bullet for reasonable deals, couple of them I have posted in the Hypo thread.

All bar Serong and Dgb are at their ceiling and offer noting going forward. I can’t see them ever being a premiership player with us.

Serong had an interrupted season so will be better next year.

Denver either has to play seniors and wear the contest loss in defence to educate him or you trade him before his value diminishes further. I’d like us to do it this year before he proves he is not up to it.

The rest should be delisted this year or next.

The cupboard is pretty bare at Box Hill. Not much to get excited about.
This was a prelim mate, we've gone alright for a team with a bunch of young guys. Just look at the team we were up against, they were stacked with fringe AFL talent and have been the best team in the league all year, and we ran out alright. Plenty of players to have faith in going into next season, hopefully going a few steps further as well.

Been a brilliant season with so many positives - people need to take a deep breath.

I think structurally I’d love to see Clay Tucker come on as the full time first ruck, so allow Rama to develop more as a forward.
Meek likely to be playing VFL as well so yes, Rama plays AFL or goes back to being a forward. These three finals games as first ruck have been very good for him I reckon.

You and I have watched very different games I feel- Butler copping praise whilst you lambaste DGB doesn't sit right.
Thanksgiving Seinfeld GIF by Crave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back