Review Round 14, 2023: Gold Coast Suns v Box Hill Hawks, 25 June 2023, 12.55pm @ Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

What was his quality like?

Good. Wardy is one of the few that lowers his eyes when delivering into the 50 and it usually pays off. Hardly misses a target by hand or foot.

He does need to stamp cheap touches out his game though. He's such a damaging player, he doesn't need to 1-2 then kick 10 metres sideways.

Ramma got his arse handed to him by Ned. He still has time though Still young

It is a bit concerning how badly Ramsden gets beaten when he's rucking. I take the glass half full approach and say this season playing as number 1 will be good for his long term development.

His role at AFL level will be playing 75% forward and he is still competitive around the ground. Just needs to hone his ruck craft and develop some core strength.

They push us in a contest - nothing to see. We finally get a bit physical? Free

Mind you we are making way more mistakes ourselves

Ned Moyle 50 hitouts to Ramma's 13. I like Max the forward better.

Moyle is too good for VFL level. Plenty of clubs chased him last and plenty will today.

GC have him pegged as the heir to Witt's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward was prolific and our most consistent across the game but he did stuff around with the ball quite a few times. But he wasn't alone our skills were very untidy.

Ned Long is doing a power of work as an inside mid. He's impressive and an enforcer with his physicality. Decision making does hold him back at times if he can fix that he should be able to step up.

I always expect Ramma to lose the CB so that is my starting point - but thought he was influential around the ground in the 1st half. He is developing nicely. I did wonder why we didn't go in with a 2nd ruck certainly cost us.

Ryan was interesting in that he was in the game early then disappeared for a long long time and then reappeared late. I hope that isnt a typical game from him as has ability and could be a player with the way he moves.

Having watched Baz MacDonalds game, I wonder if we can turn him into a wingman ala Langdon from Melbourne. Wonder what his endurance is like as certainly has the zip.

Socials guy was able to find 5 decent goals to showcase

Goals from Thorpe, Rule, Greene and debut goals to Ryan & DGB

Socials guy was able to find 5 decent goals to showcase

Goals from Thorpe, Rule, Greene and debut goals to Ryan & DGB

Ward is involved in almost every single one of these. He was absolutely dominant, straight into AFL level this week without thinking twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back