Review Round 16, 2023: GWS Giants v Box Hill Hawks, 8 July 2023, 12.55pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

The 5 goal compilation from BH socials is out..

the 2nd the 3rd goal shows the handball happy gameplan. Phil Walsh at the end of the 2nd seems pissed as they were left guarding grass.

That's Phil Davis.

Phil Walsh was someone completely different.

Neds done this last 3 weeks fantastic first half 22 - 23 possessions then its almost like he runs out of gas. 6 or 7 in the second. Another team last qtr fade out similar to last week. Troubling trend in the middle of the ground
What’s your thinking on why this is happening? Isn’t long meant to have a massive tank?
Is he going all out in first half but at unsustainable levels?

What’s your thinking on why this is happening? Isn’t long meant to have a massive tank?
Is he going all out in first half but at unsustainable levels?
It's interesting because I think the opposition do have a bit to do with it. They do pay him more attention and then it is also a matter of staying focused and concentrating for 120 minutes. There might be a touch of going too hard but I think the top two play more of a part.

I’ve noticed Ramsden has been a lot quieter the last 4-6 weeks. Any thoughts on his progress those who are able to watch the games?
He didn't play for a few weeks as we had the bye and he was carry over emergency his first game last week.

He didn't play for a few weeks as we had the bye and he was carry over emergency his first game last week.
Gotcha. So a bit of lack of opportunity and a lack of continuity not helping with his development. I remember him grabbing a couple of games by the neck early in the year. Hoping he can show that a few more times before years end.

Long does so much unrewarded running it’s insane. He’s not just busting through packs after winning contested ball, he’s spreading so teammates can use him higher up the ground as a link player. I wouldn’t be surprised if after all that effort he’s absolutely gassed despite the tank.
I hope he gets a look in the next few weeks. He deserves it.

Long and stephens keeping pressure on I think Long needs a call up. Liking Hustwaite’s development but happy for him to play out the year get another pre season some weights and a few games in the seniors next year. Good signs from our youth going to be interesting between Kozi and Jeka who they keep.

With CJ, Bruest and Sicily now available, BH could field up to 19 AFL listed players this week. Top two is probably out of reach even if we go through the rest of the season undefeated. We should have a strong squad available for finals and hopefully can do some damage.

On that note, Meek has played 13 AFL games so would be ineligible. Not sure about others who have played both VFL and AFL.

With CJ, Bruest and Sicily now available, BH could field up to 19 AFL listed players this week. Top two is probably out of reach even if we go through the rest of the season undefeated. We should have a strong squad available for finals and hopefully can do some damage.

On that note, Meek has played 13 AFL games so would be ineligible. Not sure about others who have played both VFL and AFL.
How many games for Reeves to qualify? 😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back