Review Round 18, 2023: Richmond v Box Hill Hawks, 22 July 2023, 10.05am @ Punt Rd Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Your point.
Couldn't have made my point any clearer. Give it a rest. I'm tired of hearing this criticism that is simply a convenience for those who don't think he'll make it. There's more than one player in our senior team that doesn't appear to play with any discernable "heart".

I hope he gets an injury-free run at it for the rest of the year, because he has some rare abilities.

Couldn't have made my point any clearer. Give it a rest. I'm tired of hearing this criticism that is simply a convenience for those who don't think he'll make it. There's more than one player in our senior team that doesn't appear to play with any discernable "heart".

I hope he gets an injury-free run at it for the rest of the year, because he has some rare abilities.
Just keep at it. Conveniently forget what I am truly saying.

Just keep at it. Conveniently forget what I am truly saying.
Your post was 5 words long. If there was something else you truly meant to say, perhaps you should've written it.

I want people to stop banging on about Jeka lacking heart, a completely subjective criticism, especially after he's played an objectively good game. That's reasonable.

Your post was 5 words long. If there was something else you truly meant to say, perhaps you should've written it.

I want people to stop banging on about Jeka lacking heart, a completely subjective criticism, especially after he's played an objectively good game. That's reasonable.
Sorry, but credible sources, like coaches, continue to say it. It has nothing to do with my view. Got nothing to do with my opinion about “heart”
There is no doubt I would prefer to be saying the opposite about Jeka.

Last edited:
I don't believe Jex is a squib. He does lack intensity. Either way, it is a show-stopper.
Lacking intensity is fair, especially when he played up forward. I think it's why he's better suited for now in defence.

Sorry, but credible sources, like coaches, continue to say it.
I'll just wait while you find me a quote from any coach who has said he lacks "heart". Even if they thought it were true, they would never say it because it's actually quite a nasty judgement to make about someone.

People are confusing his intensity in contested situations with his desire to play the game.

Lacking intensity is fair, especially when he played up forward. I think it's why he's better suited for now in defence.

I'll just wait while you find me a quote from any coach who has said he lacks "heart". Even if they thought it were true, they would never say it because it's actually quite a nasty judgement to make about someone.

People are confusing his intensity in contested situations with his desire to play the game.
You obviously know him more than I, if you look back over the last two to three years, yes years, I too hoped he would make it. Like many a footballer, far more than me, he possesses the tools but not the willingness to be a footballer. Each to their own. I wish it was not the case. Blokes like Jeka frustrate me.

Really like how Stephens is developing and how he has taken to working on the secondary HF role. Mackenzie will be a very good mid. By end of next year we will have a logjam for spots and need to rebalance the list but for now having developing depth is great given where we were a few years ago. Kozi comes in for DGB this week and Meek for Reeves I think that’s it. Long into the 22 totally unfair and not suitable as the sun once then dropped. Rest for one of the mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back