Review Round 14, 2023: Gold Coast Suns v Box Hill Hawks, 25 June 2023, 12.55pm @ Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why he wasn’t in the team last week.
He didn't play a full game so they wanted him to play a full game. He was also lacking in confidence and it was noticeable at times during this game. He'd just overuse it too much or take a safer option at times, but there were half of his disposals where he took the game on, drove his legs and used his class.

He's someone who is very much like Nick Daicos, even his teammate Will Day or literally any other highly talented player in ability, but just needs to have that belief in himself.

He has that high-end decision-making, he has the cleanliness and a one-touch nature, being creative by hand and foot but also just a really good smart user. He has the ability to drive his legs and show flair but he also has plenty of work ethic (on & off field), work rate/2-way gut running, and leadership.

He has so much going for him, he just needs to realise it. Untapped potential is the word used often.

Last edited:
Not sure why he wasn’t in the team last week.
After 3 wins from 4 games, I think we had every right to make no unforced changes, but now the axe will certainly fall. Unfortunately nearly every Box Hill player had a stinker as well.

Ward the notable exception, he'll be on that team sheet vs. the Blues faster than you can say "Lachie Bramble".

Seems like a lazy write up and inaccurate.

Doesn't credit Ryan with his goal.

Says Ferg kicked a couple late, well he had 3 goals, 2 of them in 1st half.
I think Zane Littlejohn's write ups this season have been informative and provided a refreshing incite into what players are working on and need to work on. I was at the ground and don't think there was a need for Zane to refer to Ryan's goal. Also Ferg kicked the last goal of the second quarter and the first of our three late goals in the last quarter. I hope your negative post doesn’t discourage Zane from providing his terrific write ups.
The rooms provided for our players was a large tin shed which was situated outside the ground. There was no air conditioning to provide some relief from the mid 20s temperature. Possibly a factor in the Suns kicking 10 unanswered goals in the third quarter.

I think Zane Littlejohn's write ups this season have been informative and provided a refreshing incite into what players are working on and need to work on. I was at the ground and don't think there was a need for Zane to refer to Ryan's goal. Also Ferg kicked the last goal of the second quarter and the first of our three late goals in the last quarter. I hope your negative post doesn’t discourage Zane from providing his terrific write ups.
The rooms provided for our players was a large tin shed which was situated outside the ground. There was no air conditioning to provide some relief from the mid 20s temperature. Possibly a factor in the Suns kicking 10 unanswered goals in the third quarter.

Like HH I have really enjoyed Littlejohn’s player reviews which provide a realistic insight into their performance from the coach’s perspective. What is written can often be in stark contrast to what fans may think or expect from each individual.

I just wanted to bump this thread to unreservedly apologise to all the hawks fans. My son and I were following this match on the phone while we were driving down the pacific highway to the game. When we got out of the car, we were a goal up. While we were walking to the ground from the carpark, Fergus Greene kicked a goal to put us 2 goals up.

We didn't see it.

We got into the ground and saw three consecutive goals to the suns prior to half time.

The suns then proceeded to kick 16 goals to our 5 (19 to 5 while we were watching.)

Sorry for the debacle that our arrival caused.

I just wanted to bump this thread to unreservedly apologise to all the hawks fans. My son and I were following this match on the phone while we were driving down the pacific highway to the game. When we got out of the car, we were a goal up. While we were walking to the ground from the carpark, Fergus Greene kicked a goal to put us 2 goals up.

We didn't see it.

We got into the ground and saw three consecutive goals to the suns prior to half time.

The suns then proceeded to kick 16 goals to our 5 (19 to 5 while we were watching.)

Sorry for the debacle that our arrival caused.
Well... I guess we should say thanks for not getting there at the start of the match.

Well... I guess we should say thanks for not getting there at the start of the match.
Yeah you can thank my son he had to tutor someone earlier.

Please stay out of Vic.
This is actually funny, because I went to every game between 1979 and 1982. Including the rare interstate games. The last game I attended was the 1982 prelim against Carlton.

Then and only then (and before that run) if you count only the seasons where I wasn't attending between 1975 and 1991, we played in every grand final bar 2. 75, 76, __, 78, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, __, 91

It was me, the whole time. In 1990, I was in Tasmania getting married , so you can't blame me for that. But it seemed my staying away from the footy coincided with a strong correlation (if not causation) with Hawthorn enjoying incredible success.

I was thinking of getting the club to invest in moving me and the family as far away as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back