Discussion Round 6, 2023 (Anzac Appeal Round): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

View from Suns back
RPS235822__68553.1681705979.png

“This Saturday, Port Adelaide players will wear a commemorative Anzac guernsey that has been carefully designed drawing on inspiration from the Lone Pine monument at Alberton Oval,” Mr. Richardson said.

“The tree is a descendant of the original Lone Pine on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey, which marked the site of the battle of Lone Pine in August 1915.

“The tree was planted at Alberton in 2015, in memory of the men and women of the local Port Adelaide district who paid the supreme sacrifice in World War 1.”

Nice touch.

I knew I had been putting off buying my new Cats jumper for a reason.
My great grandfather is one of the names on the back to go with the gold premiers logo.
Raced out and bought one as soon as I saw it today. It stirred up a bit of emotion in my family as my grandmother, his daughter, passed away 2 months ago

from north melbournes instagram, got a feeling the logo in the display pic could be on the norths jumper for the this weekend

Attachments

• 267C3D4F-0E13-4FF3-9F59-C718AEF69F0C.jpeg
    267C3D4F-0E13-4FF3-9F59-C718AEF69F0C.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 317
Hmm. I’m not massive on individualised logos in a team game.

Maaaaybe if they’re breaking the club record.

Somehow don’t think we’ll be seeing a Steele Sidebottom 300 custom logo in six weeks’ time but I’m happy to be proven wrong.

Priorities?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm. I’m not massive on individualised logos in a team game.

Maaaaybe if they’re breaking the club record.

Somehow don’t think we’ll be seeing a Steele Sidebottom 300 custom logo in six weeks’ time but I’m happy to be proven wrong.

Priorities?
i don’t mind it, but only for 300+ plus game milestones. it’s a team effort yes, but these players sacrifice a lot to make it to 300 games and it’s only fitting they have a special logo on the guernsey in their milestone game. norths done it for everyone of their players since these sort of logos on jumpers became a thing.

The tasmanian sponsorship really hurts me

It’s a shocker. Putting aside the garishness of the guernsey (which I’m sure the Facebook crowd think is ‘a beautiful tribute’), they’ve decided to respect the Tasmanian logo’s clear space on the left side and then completely forgo it on the right side. It looks terribly unbalanced.

It’s a shocker. Putting aside the garishness of the guernsey (which I’m sure the Facebook crowd think is ‘a beautiful tribute’), they’ve decided to respect the Tasmanian logo’s clear space on the left side and then completely forgo it on the right side. It looks terribly unbalanced.
Maybe it does respect the space on the right side - it's just getting caught on his massive pectorals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back