Discussion Round 6, 2023 (Anzac Appeal Round): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t get me wrong it’s good (I assume) the monkey for sales are going to a worthy veterans charity, and you can argue simple is good but apart from the Anzac logo on the front can you even tell that Collingwood is wearing a different guernsey, the leaves on the front hardly seem visible on tv (like victory’s chevron this year almost)

Because Collingwood's home strip is predominantly black, Geelong's home strip is predominantly white?

Essendon should have worn red shorts and there would have been no clash today.
This except Essendon should have been wearing a red based jumper as well.

Because Collingwood's home strip is predominantly black, Geelong's home strip is predominantly white?

Essendon should have worn red shorts and there would have been no clash today.
So why no clash jumper in the 2018 Grand Final?

Because there was no clash?
Exactly, wearing white shorts soughts any potential problem.

So once again, why does Geelong have to wear white shorts in their home game to reduce a clash probability and Collingwood don’t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This except Essendon should have been wearing a red based jumper as well.
Red shorts on Essendon look great would do so much. And Collingwood not have two red sponsors on their backs would help. Surely they could change the colours, the sponsors get potentially more exposure because it is noticeable?

060d1a288c91e917078957e21a0f46a5
Anyone keen to do a mock up in red or yellow of this kit?

Essendon should have been directed to wear their clash or design a red jumper. Not that hard. Also red shorts would be better than white.
Yeah nah, the white shorts stands out far better than red from up high in the stands.

Essendon's red sash and Collingwood's white really just blend in but the solid white shorts are big enough to make a difference.

Yeah nah, the white shorts stands out far better than red from up high in the stands.

Essendon's red sash and Collingwood's white really just blend in but the solid white shorts are big enough to make a difference.
I think the problem actually is the white shorts. Given how much white is already on the Pies guernsey it just makes the bombers otherwise darker kit blend in with Collingwood's even more. Just watching the game it was hard to pick out the numbers of Essendon players vs Collingwood players.

If Essendon don't want to wear a clash, fine, but the only solution I see is red shorts which looks great.
1682486274332.png

I think the problem actually is the white shorts. Given how much white is already on the Pies guernsey it just makes the bombers otherwise darker kit blend in with Collingwood's even more. Just watching the game it was hard to pick out the numbers of Essendon players vs Collingwood players.

If Essendon don't want to wear a clash, fine, but the only solution I see is red shorts which looks great.
View attachment 1670708
That's Valid. Its a different, but equally important issue.

I'll admit I was sitting on level 4, and am Colourblind which dulls colours so I was struggling telling the players apart. But I think that makes me the perfect target audience for who Clash jumpers are designed to be made to help.

Anyway, the AFL is never going to get Essendon to wear red shorts, because then they would have to admit its a clash. And then the question would be asked "Well why not make them wear a clash kit?".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back