Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 2 are champion players that perform at a high level consistently year in year out
Billings' 2017 was underrated. He's clearly not in the same class as the other two I mentioned but I think we overlook how good years 1-6 of Billings were (even year 7 which was 2020 - not an easy year to get a handle on statistically).

Through his first eight seasons he was basically a 21 disposals 0.7 goals per game player. They don't grow on trees (if Phillipou becomes this statistically most of us will be really happy). Then he fell off a cliff.

We might have done a bit better if some of our players had more longevity.

Dave Armitage is still only 35, his draft was a couple of years after Selwood's i think.
His back problems in later years means that people don't remember how well he was tracking in his prime.

Jack Steven is still only 34.

Koby Stevens is only 32.

A midfield with Steele, Armitage, Steven, Stevens and Ross would go pretty well even if it was mostly on the slow side.

Retirements and poor drafting and trading meant that Richo was doomed.
How old Dylon Robert? That one hurt

I was wondering what happened to David Wheaton. Glad to hear he is still around - we need him more than ever.
He was there last year as well. Has anyone's goal kicking improved? If anything I think some players have become worse in front of goal.

Apart from Stewart Loewe I can't think of anyone who's ever significantly improved their goal kicking at St Kilda.

I would actually go Howard for King.

Howard to Naughton.
Cordy to Darcy
Battle to LUH
Wilkie to Weightman

Sharman Caminiti and Membrey the talls upfront.

Butler sub.
Nah, Battle will play on Naughton because he gets up the ground in his new role. I like the 4 key talls even tho I don't think Ross will favour it.

Howard to JUH
Cordy to Darcy
Battle to Naughton

It does make us a bit slow though

Roberton would probably be right at the end now.
Jack Jack could still be a very handy player. Run though the guts a bit each qtr.. then just chuck him in a forward pocket.

He was such a good player at his peak.

He was there last year as well. Has anyone's goal kicking improved? If anything I think some players have become worse in front of goal.

Apart from Stewart Loewe I can't think of anyone who's ever significantly improved their goal kicking at St Kilda.
They probably have, but less noticeably. Stew was night and day.

I think other clubs might say the same thing. Maybe Barry Hall? I feel like I remember he used to kick across his body a lot in the beginning. Marshall might have improved a little bit. Seb Ross is a pretty reliable shot now! Just doesn't get many shots.

We've got a few that seriously need Stewlike improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now St Kilda are favorites for tomorrow's clash on Sports Bet! What is up with that??

(sorry, I had to use the words 'clash'..very disingenuous of me)

Backline has been good - leave as is, don’t move players that are working.
If you bring in anyone it’s a forward or mid.
Hayes, Collard possibles. Either a tall or back in the smalls.

Teams are named around six yeah? Surprised we haven't heard any early whispers. Guessing King won't play, love to see Hayes out there but won't be surprised if they don't think he's fit enough yet. Who else may be a chance, Howard, Jones perhaps? 🤨 Without knowing the inside details on everyone's fitness, reckon they might just bring in Zak with Hugo the sub. What is love, anyway? 🤔

Teams are named around six yeah? Surprised we haven't heard any early whispers. Guessing King won't play, love to see Hayes out there but won't be surprised if they don't think he's fit enough yet. Who else may be a chance, Howard, Jones perhaps? 🤨 Without knowing the inside details on everyone's fitness, reckon they might just bring in Zak with Hugo the sub. What is love, anyway? 🤔

The teams are aready decided as of around now.

I liked it better when they came in dribs and drabs during the afternoon, before they had this "keep it a big secret for the channel 7 news ". Does anyone actually watch channel 7 news for that?

Teams are named around six yeah? Surprised we haven't heard any early whispers. Guessing King won't play, love to see Hayes out there but won't be surprised if they don't think he's fit enough yet. Who else may be a chance, Howard, Jones perhaps? Without knowing the inside details on everyone's fitness, reckon they might just bring in Zak with Hugo the sub. What is love, anyway?
What is love?

Baby don't hurt me...

The teams are aready decided as of around now.

I liked it better when they came in dribs and drabs during the afternoon, before they had this "keep it a big secret for the channel 7 news ". Does anyone actually watch channel 7 news for that?
After their form of the last few weeks, channel 7 news will be hoping someone watches for something. 🥴

Hey legends...

We have 4 GA passes with our membership that we are not going to use this week (likely this year TBH). I've emailed the club to see if they know of anyone that would like them, but to no avail.

Anyone keen? Id have to work out how to transfer them, but I am sure it can be done!

Would love to see as much RW&B in the stands as possible!

Whatever happened to Ahmed Saad? I miss his 50 metre walk up for his set shots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Terry Milera and Ahmed Saad were the highlight of the Scott Watters era, the fresh new kids to give me hope coming out of the first great Lyon era. Shame how Terry never really kicked on, I always thought there was something special about him. Over to his stepson, I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back