Trades Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was horrible vs North but has played fine in the other games, will probably continue to be fairly reliant on goals for big scores given how even our spread is but I think he can average 100.
Seems to be a definite changing of the guard at the Swans with the likes of Rowbottom/Warner/Florent getting plenty of CBAs and Parker/JPK getting squeezed out a bit. That's the main thing concerning me with Parker.

How long can you persist with Leon Whitfield? Sinclair, Docherty, Stewart and Crisp present terrific alternatives. Jokes aside, where is Rowell at? You can carry him another week, I suppose. his BE will still be reasonable and if he is a bit more match-attuned, he could turn it around quickly. It is a big if based on overall output, but I thought there were some good signs after half-time yesterday.

Rosas seems irresistible, Durdin has a fairly low threshold based on exposure to date and looms as a terrific swap out.

JHF only needs a an 85 plus to reconsolidate his cash generation and he is more than capable, but the stars do need to align.

Rachele is sporadic but has already some great returns in his body of work.

SDK may not have much left in him and I thought the fannies defence looked at least one tall too many today. JK gave them more bite when he came on and Henry is ahead of SDK unless he is properly hurt.

Hinge will return as soon as fit. I try to resist players with dodgy joints, but he can score pretty decently.

I am leaving Hough there as long as his BE remains in the red, or just creeping into the black. WC love him and I think this week was management rather than form. His last 1/4 and a bit against the 'pies was excellent.

If you trade out Whit & ranga, you can bring in a terrific top 6 D and a cash cow of choice, with a decent wedge left over for future purposes.

My feelings about the vegan wastrel have been made pretty clear, but if I had Grundy, Rowell and Whitfield, I'd be inclined to keep him for now; still the most likely of the 3 to turn in some 100+ scores, just not with the same metronomic beat as in days gone by.
He'll probably give you a great conduit to Darcy at least, even if he continues to fade. He really needs to talk to Peter Siddle about the vegan thing; Sids went missing for a couple of years while kentstruck and then returned to the carnivorous diet we have evolved to thrive upon. No coincidence his form lifted subsequently.
I think I’ll keep Whitfield for the time being until I’ve upgraded some of the moo cows. Possibly look to flick him around the byes. He actually didn’t have that bad a game on the weekend. 25 touches at 73%. 4 turnovers hurt him. Lack of contested possies hurt him.

But, he still found the ball and he spent 83% time on ground. The time to flick him would’ve been round 2, but he’s lost 40k now and I hate a sideways premo trade. Premo is stretching it, but I’m just treating him like a mid-pricer that I’ll eventually have to upgrade.

We were all hoping for Rowell to be a keeper, and after round one those of us that had picked him were licking our chops. He might come good, he might not, but I’ve got the chance to go him to Touk Touk this week and that’s a win imo. JHF the sacrificial lamb.

90k. Made a fair few trades. I'd like Rowell out, but just that doesn't really get me enough cash to bring in a keeper, so I might need to downgrade someone else or give up on Cripps.
Rosas could be a decent option if you’re willing to cull a moo cow a tad prematurely. You could then go Rowell > nearly anyone.

What to do with Bowey and Gibcus? From a BE point of view Bowey is tapped out this week but he'll start making money again from round 7. Gibcus still has more money to make as well.

Rowe to Zorko means I have 5 premium defenders
and Xerri to Preuss means I have money earner in Preuss on bench
with $103’900 k in bankView attachment 1377794
Nice work mate, lookin good.

You could also get rid of Stephens > Rosas via Rachele to the mids.

That’s an extra $70k in the kicker plus Rosas looks set to make a bit of cash.

I probably wouldn’t cull Xerri just yet either, take it from someone who did ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts:

OUT:
Grundy (Using Preuss, S Hayes / Dixon or J Hayes)
Rowell
Dow

IN:
S.HAYES
KEAYS
SINCLAIR OR WITHERDEN

I think so yes.
Next week will be Hinge to Worner (dpp loop. 30 possessions and 2 goals in the wafl last week)
Dixon to Hayes.
Ward to Oliver.
Yeah I seen that stuff about worner will be interesting to see if he gets a game freo seem to have a fair bit of talent

Thoughts:

Out:
Grundy
Rowell
Rachele

( English to Ruck)

Ins:
Heeney
Smith/Green
Rosas

+50k

Out:
Grundy
Rowell
Xerri
(English to R)

In:
Preus
Heeney
Smith/Green

+11k

Who is the more important trade in option this week:

TITCH - looks to have dropped with the sore groin, and has bounced back over the past two games. Anyone scoring 140+ with only one tackle is good. Has an incredibly low BE, and had been said as having the first full preseason in years. Only concern is the reduced CBA with changing of the guard, but not sure it matters when he scores how he did on the weekend.

GAWN - has found form, and the next few weeks are looking scrumptious - Nank, Lynch, Ryder and Marshall (fair), Williams and Dixon, Xerri.... reckon he goes 130+ in that stretch alone

I think Grundy will come good but i want the 350k that Grundy > Pruess nets me and the option to do Hayes > Hayes next week. Bit risky having Pruess/Hayes as R2, but only need it to work for 5 weeks and ill upgrade Pruess. Risky move, but I'm ranked like 30k so whatever lol, worst start in a while.

Grundy > Pruess
JFH > Touk Miller
Rachelle > Butters

Grundy (110), JHF (70) and Rachelle (70) = 250ppg

Miller (110), Butters (100) and Pruess (90) = 300ppg

I also have 100k left over and will do Hayes > Hayes next week which should give me another 150k, leaving me with 250k for
in Oliver (600k)
out Berry/Rowell (380-400k)

That will leave my mids in round 7 - Macrae, Neale, Miller, Oliver, Cripps and 3 of Rowell, Berry, Brodie & Daicos. Ward, Macdonald & Stephens benched. Will be pretty happy with that and thr last 3 shouldn't be too hard to upgrade (150-200k each)

Last edited:
After falling from 26th to 411 and only using 1 trade to date, I need to be aggressive.
Preuss on the field is the best bet; 200k and should put up 90+ scores. Best value on the field. Grundy is the only way to make that happen.
Rosas looks like a good rookie to grab too.
Steele isn’t the best value, but looks like he’ll be a top 5 mid, so I’ll grab him.

This round:
Grundy to Preuss.
Rowell to Steele.
JHF to Rosas.
303k in the bank.

Next week:
Rachele to premo.
+ potentially a rookie downgrade if there is one (won’t need the cash tho)

Thoughts:

Out:
Grundy
Rowell
Rachele

( English to Ruck)

Ins:
Heeney
Smith/Green
Rosas

+50k

Out:
Grundy
Rowell
Xerri
(English to R)

In:
Preus
Heeney
Smith/Green

+11k
I know lots are trading him out, but I'd hold Grundy unless you have big issues

Thoughts:

OUT:
Grundy (Using Preuss, S Hayes / Dixon or J Hayes)
Rowell
Dow

IN:
S.HAYES
KEAYS
SINCLAIR OR WITHERDEN

OR.

OUT:
Grundy, Rowell, Dow

IN:
S.HAYES

And any 2 - Keays, Mitchell, Green, Miller, Sinclair, Zorko, Mills, Cripps, Smith, Parish, Houston, Dawson, De Goey, Parker, Wines, Danger or Taranto..

decision, decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back