Autopsy Round 7, 2019: GWS v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS 18.6.114 defeated St.Kilda 10.10.70

Melt respectfully.
Warnings will be handed out for direct or indirect attacks on other posters.

Couldn’t have played any worse at a lot of key times, and decimated by injuries currently as well.

Shot ourselves in the foot when we DID get our chances.

Put a line under it and move on.

Lots up to their old tricks,
Savage disastrous decision making
Seb disinterested and outside
Gresh and Billings unsighted
Clark poor save for his pressure acts
Kent slow in his decision making but was ok in the end
Acres doing sweet FA
Long nothing

Forward structure equally as pathetic as the entries themselves

Wilkie and Marshall able to hold heads high

Why did it take so long to get Joyce off Cameron ffs

All that being said, I’m not too despondent :tearsofjoy:

Couldn’t have played any worse at a lot of key times, and decimated by injuries currently as well.

Shot ourselves in the foot when we DID get our chances.

Put a line under it and move on.
Close thread.

It’s certainly not wrist-slitting time after this performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First quarter was the worst we’ve played all year, just terrible defensively. Rest of the game actually wasn’t too bad, if you look at it realistically. Marshall and Wilkie were great as usual, Parker had a great game apart from THAT miss.

Clark needs to go back to the VFL, looked gassed by half time. Need Brown back for Joyce, too inexperienced without him.

Lastly, work on inside 50s, for about the 6th year in a row. Cheers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did Membrey play after quarter time, he was shithouse. Unsighted.
We can blame our forwards all we want, but we all know it’s the forward entry and midfield that’s our problem.. Our inside 50s are like shooting a basketball from mid court, hail marys that gave forwards little chance, they are also out numbered. When they can transition the ball without pressure, our defenders can not cope with their inside 50s to a free man; one on ones or to their forwards advantage..

one thing i am really getting sick of - how often do we take a mark, handball it one metre and then the recipient gets tackled by the original man on the mark?

It's frustrating to watch and ruins momentum so often.

How can you have our best midfielder for the day play only 5 minutes in the last quarter? I know we didn't have a team but ffs so frustrating that we kept putting Gresham in the middle when he can't kick the footy and doesn't handpass.

As far as I'm concerned, Parker lost us that game as soon as he missed from point blank. He should be ashamed

Disappointing and frustrating to watch.

Positive for me was that we didn't give up. After a terrible first quarter we really got ourselves back in the game and actually had a chance at one stage to get right back into the contest. Unfortunately our forward entries and finishing let us down.

The first quarter was a debacle. We got so many match-ups wrong. Every time we lost the ball GWS had players on their own all over the ground.

The second quarter was a lot better, and then the third we really had a good chance to get in front with about 20 inside 50s, however we just bombed it long again and again. The GWS defenders ate it up, either marking the ball or clearing it with ease.

Unfortunately playing Marsh as a forward didn't work, although he had a few moments. Parker was clearly our best forward, Kent got into the game a bit more as it went on but his skills were off again. Long was almost unsighted and may need to be dropped again.

Marhsall had a really good game against Mumford. That shows he can compete against the best, which is fantastic. I thought McKenzie was excellent as was Wilkie. Joyce looked out of his depth against Cameron but improved once he was moved.

The main thing we need to work on is our forward set-up and forward entries. It's just a mess at the moment. We also need more players that know where the goals are. We are missing Lonie, his pace and pressure troubles sides. Our forward pressure today was really poor.

Next week is another big test, but I think we can win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back