Discussion Round 7, 2019: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They look just like their red ones got too many washes.
What was wrong with the old pink-vee jumper, or an inverse - navy vee on a fully pink jumper, or a pinkback jumper?

They look just like their red ones got too many washes.
What was wrong with the old pink-vee jumper, or an inverse - navy vee on a fully pink jumper, or a pinkback jumper?

They only do that every 4 years timing with the big pink lady on the center of the G

Tbh it's a pretty great design. I can't think of any other sporting team that's relocated and placated both towns as well as that. It's the old V but with an iconic, obvious landmark chucked in. The fact it kinda looks like a budgie's head is a bonus.

For the record, yes Tge VFL was the other way around, but signage and scoreboard has the VFL as Essendon home game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Collingwood going to wear a white jumper with black shorts at some point this season? That is the only possible reason I can see this about face with Geelong.
So far, every game Geelong have been in their home shorts has been perfectly watchable though. Greatest contrast, no...but any clash, no. Play on.

Are Collingwood going to wear a white jumper with black shorts at some point this season? That is the only possible reason I can see this about face with Geelong.
So far, every game Geelong have been in their home shorts has been perfectly watchable though. Greatest contrast, no...but any clash, no. Play on.
If this is the case then one wonders if North will go back to white jumpers too.

If this is the case then one wonders if North will go back to white jumpers too.
I don't see it happening, I don't trust their board

Was anyone aware the Cats were gonna go with the stencil numbers again for the Country Match?
Odd that Essendon didn't do it, very odd I thought

Wearing purple shorts today would have been mixing and matching.
Oops, sorry. I had to re-read your post. You were referring to today's game. In my head, I thought you were referring to a Geelong v Freo match-up.

i.e. when Freo travel to GHMBA, will they be made to wear their purple top and white shorts, given that Geelong now get to wear their navy shorts for home games. My guess is that Freo will have to mix and match in that instance.

Oops, sorry. I had to re-read your post. You were referring to today's game. In my head, I thought you were referring to a Geelong v Freo match-up.

i.e. when Freo travel to GHMBA, will they be made to wear their purple top and white shorts, given that Geelong now get to wear their navy shorts for home games. My guess is that Freo will have to mix and match in that instance.
That and Carlton will look pretty damn messy.

Apparently this year away teams can wear shorts the same colour as the home team's jumper so wondering if that works both ways or just when the colour is white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back