Game Day Round 7 - BL v WCE - 11/5 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how to feel about this win. We won which is good. But we didn't play very well, but at the same time we did stick it out. It's the longest road trip in the league and the conditions didn't suit us, espeically with Kerr and Masten out. Nicnat still clearly someway off being at full match fitness.

Just happy to get away with the win I guess and hope we play better next week.

Yes, it's very sapping playing in that humidity - hope the boys can recover quickly / at least Kerr and Masto will be fresh.
Good win in the end.

Two things happened today which is something of a rarity for us

17.6. Very accurate kicking which was a factor in our win

Our sub actually had an impact when he came on - well done razzle on your game today

Why are people so crabby about that game? It was wet and it was at the Gabba, what did you expect? Clean and precise for the whole game? Next week we will have some good Ins, and it's a home game. This is the first time we have showed some courage this year, and I'm quite happy about this.

Why are people so crabby about that game? It was wet and it was at the Gabba, what did you expect? Clean and precise for the whole game? Next week we will have some good Ins, and it's a home game. This is the first time we have showed some courage this year, and I'm quite happy about this.

Well I only wanted our team to play decent football and not look like a bottom 8 side.

Other people may share my views.

Pretty much, most people were tipping this as a loss a few weeks ago..we win by 26 points at the Gabba in terrible conditions, while not even playing well mind you and people still arent happy?o_O

All those calling for Hill to be dropped need to watch his play today. Tackled well and sealed the game for us.

Ok I didn't have to watch that so I might not have the visions of the poor plays in my head but... That is a very good win. We don't play the gabba well in recent years, we haven't won a close game this year until today, we haven't been kicking straight and our forth quarters have been horrible. But we played really well late in the game to seal it, and that can only be positive. Sometimes you just need a win like this, better than steamrolling the dogs and demons. FROM LITTLE THINGS BIG THINGS GROW!

2012 we lost at the gabba and 2011 we only won by 8 points, so let's just keep it in perspective. Another week into NN, Wellingham, Rosa, saw Hutch debut, we'll hopefully get Masto and Kerr back.

Looking at the stats we got hammered in possessions and especially marks, poor transition play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, I haven't posted here for ages. Is this what it's deteriorated into?

Clearly. Smotie is a useless poster wanting our stars dropped after each game and calls for Woosha's head regularly. During games. Which aren't finished yet. In which we win.

So yeah, it's nice to be immature and get one back on him. Just look at those liking it, bit of history there.

Butchered the ball but tackled very well. Not sure what to think, really.

I've been a huge critic of his disposal but I am now of the opinion that Hutchings is a good user of the footy. Thought his disposal was fine today considering the conditions.

Schofield, Shepherd, Hill, NicNat all lifted and had good last quarters. McKenzie, Hurn, Brown, Kennedy were good all day. More than half the team had DE under 60%, some under 50% (Brennan six disposals, 33% DE). Midfield generally were down and beaten. We have a lot of improvement to do if we are going to make finals.

Hutchings had a good start but faded, butchered the ball, but was good in the contest, worked very hard and tackled well. Disappointed with Wellingham after a promising game last week.

I've been a huge critic of his disposal but I am now of the opinion that Hutchings is a good user of the footy. Thought his disposal was fine today considering the conditions.

o_O He seemed to just whack it onto the boot today. A couple of times kicked it to nobody or straight to a Lions player.

Just checked stats and 46% DE. That stat isn't always the most reliable, but I think it's about right. 50/50 today.

Ok I didn't have to watch that so I might not have the visions of the poor plays in my head but... That is a very good win. We don't play the gabba well in recent years, we haven't won a close game this year until today, we haven't been kicking straight and our forth quarters have been horrible. But we played really well late in the game to seal it, and that can only be positive. Sometimes you just need a win like this, better than steamrolling the dogs and demons. FROM LITTLE THINGS BIG THINGS GROW!

2012 we lost at the gabba and 2011 we only won by 8 points, so let's just keep it in perspective. Another week into NN, Wellingham, Rosa, saw Hutch debut, we'll hopefully get Masto and Kerr back.

Looking at the stats we got hammered in possessions and especially marks, poor transition play?

Had trouble clearing the ball outside our defensive half as Brisbane set up well across the middle of the ground and locked it in. They then had a tendency to share the ball around trying to find an avenue to goal which often pushed them wide

When we did get it into our half our tall forwards (other than jack) looked dangerous and we made the most of our opportunities

Clearly. Smotie is a useless poster wanting our stars dropped after each game and calls for Woosha's head regularly. During games. Which aren't finished yet. In which we win.

So yeah, it's nice to be immature and get one back on him. Just look at those liking it, bit of history there.

Surely just ignore or mute is the way to go?

Anyway, I've poked my head in and seen what's what. I'll take Qinz word for it and assume these threads aren't even worth reading.

Good win today. Always confident of getting the points up at the Gabba ever since that string of wins in the early 2000s.

Onwards and upwards.

Anyone still have 7 on atm? Kerr tackling down McVeigh. Shows how crap the game has become in comparision. He won the holding the ball with a perfect tackle there, turned McVeigh too and didn't get into his back. Even Walls praising him straight away in the commentary. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back