Round 7 Carnage/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in div 1 too, it's a joke. I haven't been inside top 10k all year!

Same. Finished about 500th last year and this week is the first week I’ve cracked the top 10,000.

Everything I do turns to poo this year including bringing in Adams this week.

2131 - Cheers Captain Gaff!
Yeah, he was the right choice; a fairly obvious choice too if you had him. Unfortunately for most, I'm guessing, mids haven't been the area that's needed attention. All the good mids are on wishlists for later I would think. Had he started rd 1: a different story.

Last edited:
Yep if you crack the 2k it looks like you're on the up this week. Only 1950 for me but could of been worse. Jones was a fail but my other trade in was Miers and had a good last game with the Crouch's and Fyfe.
I've seen people with roughly the same scores go both ways in the rankings. Seems a fairly mediocre (but better than mine) score can have you moving upwards if you're ranked high, and backwards if you're ranked low. That tells me people with the best teams thus far have struggled more this week.

Last edited:
My team value is going to take quite a hit next week, look at these BEs:

Lloyd 146
Cripps 137
Whitfield 175
O'Meara 127
Cogs 128
Brayshaw 142
Grundy 136
Boak 121
Danger 153
Billings 120

Means they have generally had good years so far. Be glad

Well 1827 is pitiful. The lowest I've had in a long time. Not surprising though. In a round where even the best teams struggled I didn't need two Premiums (according to me) to get injured after only playing half a game.

So glad I waited for the DPP announcement to do my upgrades. :rolleyes: Ebert no good in game one for me and Cunningham in game two for me. Both injured: with 31 and 41. Both averaging premium numbers; both unique and both disasters.

Possibly the only positive is if Whitfield is fit: those who traded him may now have other issues of more immediate importance and won't get him for a while. If that's the case and he limps his way to 140 next week, maybe I can recover some lost ground.

Kelly, Taranto and M Crouch my only tons

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well 1827 is pitiful. The lowest I've had in a long time. Not surprising though. In a round where even the best teams struggled I didn't need two Premiums (according to me) to get injured after only playing half a game.

So glad I waited for the DPP announcement to do my upgrades. :rolleyes: Ebert no good in game one for me and Cunningham in game two for me. Both injured: with 31 and 41. Both averaging premium numbers; both unique and both disasters.

Possibly the only positive: if Whitfield is fit, is that those who traded him may now have other issues of more immediate importance and won't get him for a while. If that's the case and he limps his way to 140 next week, maybe I can recover some lost ground.

Kelly, Taranto and M Crouch my only tons

This is what I recall from last year. A raft of premiums (and previously reliable rookies) went down, and people trading down (to capitalise on the BE game) found themselves chasing their losses. I'm not sure if there was a better strategy in hindsight or not, but it can be a dangerous path to take....

This is what I recall from last year. A raft of premiums (and previously reliable rookies) went down, and people trading down (to capitalise on the BE game) found themselves chasing their losses. I'm not sure if there was a better strategy in hindsight or not, but it can be a dangerous path to take....
You have your targets but sometimes you can't get them, or when you do, the boat has sailed

I wouldn't have traded Whitfield out to chase BEs. I would have traded him for another rolling 22 premium player

The major issue for me was keeping Whitfield and having to field 4 defensive rookies. The BE was the deciding factor for me. I turned him and Constable into Boak and Stewart (I also chose Stewart over Laird because of BE), two rolling B22 players.

At $795 and with a score of 175 needed to rise, I'm happy with the move. Lets all hope he plays forward again this week 😉

My apologies for the Williamson calls guys, I got a bit carried away.

I hope no one filded him like I did :( Oh well, he'll be better for the run and I see him improving.
Haha all good I'm sure he'll pump out a 100 eventually and nobody else will have him (at least I hope so). And next week against the Pies the ball should be in his half a lot. Although there was a lot of ball in his half this week too and that didn't help much...

Haha all good I'm sure he'll pump out a 100 eventually and nobody else will have him (at least I hope so). And next week against the Pies the ball should be in his half a lot. Although there was a lot of ball in his half this week too and that didn't help much...
+1 don’t stress at all, it’s a game, sometimes you’ve gotta have fun with it otherwise it gets boring playing the safe game! I had him on field and it was a good laugh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back