Review Round 7 - Gold Coast @ West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

If Day comes back in as people are suggesting, are we looking at something like this.

Corbett - Wright - Holman
Sexton - Day - Macphearson
Decent forward 50, can rotate Ainsworth and Martin through as well. Rankine to take Holman's spot once he is fit.

his #1 highlight for me was always that chase down tackle on Brent Harvey

That happened right in front of me. We were a great footy team to watch the 1st half of that year.

Then the sliding doors moment. Gary doesn’t injure the shoulder, we play finals, rocket is never appointed player exodus doesn’t happen, sad. Hopefully better times ahead

We do have a habit of playing out of form teams into form though. See Adelaide and Brisbane for reference
I hate to say this, but you didn't play us in to form.

We played pretty crap, and any experienced or more talented team would have beat us.

We've now got a run of 5 or 6 games against teams we should beat if we're a genuine top 8 team. We'll see if we run in to form by the end of that stretch.

Out: Hanley (Shin), Holin-Smith (omitted), Holman (omitted) Lukosius (rested)
In: Powell, Miles, Young, Day

FB: Harbrow - Collins - Ballard
HB: Joyce - Hombsch - Murdoch
C: Powell - Fiorini - Ainsworth
HF: Young - Wright - Sexton
FF: Martin - Day - Corbett
RR: Witts - Swallow - Touk

INT: Miles, Brodie, Macpherson, Bowes

Out: Hanley (Shin), Holin-Smith (omitted), Holman (omitted) Lukosius (rested)
In: Powell, Miles, Young, Day

FB: Harbrow - Collins - Ballard
HB: Joyce - Hombsch - Murdoch
C: Powell - Fiorini - Ainsworth
HF: Young - Wright - Sexton
FF: Martin - Day - Corbett
RR: Witts - Swallow - Touk

INT: Miles, Brodie, Macpherson, Bowes
These are the changes I would go with.

We are light on at HB, but Bowes can rotate through there when needed as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess he'd be gone at the end of the year now — no doubt. Disappointing.
I think if he forces his way back in like last year in the second half and stays in, he stays, but I wouldn't blame him if I was looking at the games from some of the other more senior guys on the weekend like Holman, Murdoch or GHS and I was the one getting dropped.

I guess so. Though I don't have them and can only go by eye, I would be surprised if GHS did Brodie last week many measurable statistics.

Some of what GHS did last week was Joel Wilkinson-esque.
I assume the reason GHS is in is because he can play HBF or HFF, Brodie is a pure inside mid and Miles is clearly above him on the pecking order

I think if he forces his way back in like last year in the second half and stays in, he stays, but I wouldn't blame him if I was looking at the games from some of the other more senior guys on the weekend like Holman, Murdoch or GHS and I was the one getting dropped.
Sorry, I meant more from the angle that he'd be crazy not too jump at another offer put in front of him. He'll make the move to go.

I assume the reason GHS is in is because he can play HBF or HFF, Brodie is a pure inside mid and Miles is clearly above him on the pecking order
Can he play on the flanks though? I know he lines up there, but we'd be just as easily served having Will there.

Sorry to be so negative. I'm just flabbergasted by the call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back