Trades Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

******* Hanley... takes out my D1, becomes my D5 then spuds and now is out injured - ****!!!

Serves you right for picking him in the first place.... :p

But why did you have to ruin everyone else’s side in the process !!!!!!

If Treloar is also out I’ll be close to quitting, at least I’ll know by lockout but this year can’t get much worse injury wise. Even if it’s a niggle it’s going to stop his tackling.

Well people should have nice fat cash cows by then. I don't see why it would be so hard
It's hard because inevitably you have other issues to attend to. Last year I went about 6 weeks continually sideways trading injured/suspended players. Every week I would have a plan and every week I would end up no better off.

I had the cash cows but couldn't profit from it.

Early rds of the season just off the top of my head: M Crouch, J Kelly, Sicily (twice I think), Duncan, Deledio, Walters and there were others. I was stuck with a pathetically underperforming Billings until he eventually came good after the byes. By then he'd cost me 120 - 150 points but I couldn't trade him due to pressing needs every week.

You can plan to get a guy back in but it may never happen

And I will keep Whitfield, as I said a few days back, because I am bringing in (barring injuries; best laid plans 'n' all) two premiums anyway, so trading Whit sideways doesn't change anything. My team would be identical. Whit is either traded or on the bench. On field identical.

What a crock lol. Heard about this yesterday, and Buckley dismissed it. Mark Stevens and his hyperbolic journalism strike again.

Will be absolutely pissed if he does miss though, haha. Will probably be even more pissed if he is sore, because I know they'll play him forward

What a crock lol. Heard about this yesterday, and Buckley dismissed it. Mark Stevens and his hyperbolic journalism strike again.

Will be absolutely pissed if he does miss though, haha. Will probably be even more pissed if he is sore, because I know they'll play him forward
But without Treloar in the middle the Pies have no midfielders. Who on earth is left will take the midfield role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going backline simply because Walsh, Constable and Ross have more money to make.

Same stance I'm taking. Forward line is 'complete', so next is two more upgrades in the backline. Once that's complete, then can look at the mids. Mids also have the best JS too

I've gone Rozee to Boak and Duursma to Answerth.

Had trouble deciding between Scrimshaw or Duursma to trade out, but leaning Duurs now. Scrimshaw lower BE and more consistent 70. Tough though

Last edited:
Okay now begins the slow climb upwards after a dreadful start.

Steele (flop) > Boak finally
Parker > Larkey

hopefully things start to take a positive turn from now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back