Autopsy Round 8 2018 Hawthorn vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo bit harsh

7. ISAAC HEENEY
Hawks sharpshooter Luke Breust kicked three goals and two of them came because of the lairising from the Swans player. In the third quarter Heeney flew for a mark in the goalsquare and didn’t hold it and Breust roved and goaled. On the wing in the same quarter, Heeney flirted with a one-handed take and didn’t control the ball. The Hawks won the ball, got it forward and Breust kicked his second of the quarter. Heeney had to play percentages and not play “look at me’’ football. He can thank Ben Ronke for making sure his mistakes didn’t cost Sydney the match.

Good stuff by Robbo.:rolleyes:

I think we must have overpaid for Heeney because top picks don't do that kind of stuff.
He follows the Dons King so don't worry about what he writes. Unlike us, his opinion is a compromised one as far as I'm concerned.:)

Good to see AFL.com.au call out Clarko's hypocritical whinge.
Yeah, I enjoyed Access All Area's analysis on the matter. People in glass houses, Clarko.

I know that Horse isn't everyone's cup of tea but he plays a very straight bat on those sorts of things. That way you don't end up looking like a petty hypocrite like Clarko or the Brothers Scott.

Bloody hell. That mark by Gaz in the last 100 seconds!

I think Rohan needs more kudos for his game. His pressure work was great. That mark where he checked the flight, turned his back on the ball, ducked his head, dug in and sprinted for 10m, then turned blind to take the mark. Follows up with perfect pass to Ronke in the square for the sealer.

Play of the day for me.
He got kudos from me. I think he has had plenty on his mind & hopefully now with everything settling in his life, he can work on consistency in his game & believe you me, when Gaz gets rolling, he will be a weapon. Now I have been critical of him in big games but like Cyril it's not only the touches he gets but what he creates for others around him.
As supporters we should watch these efforts by him & applaud him but also be critical when he's not doing them because that is his asset.

He got kudos from me. I think he has had plenty on his mind & hopefully now with everything settling in his life, he can work on consistency in his game & believe you me, when Gaz gets rolling, he will be a weapon. Now I have been critical of him in big games but like Cyril it's not only the touches he gets but what he creates for others around him.
As supporters we should watch these efforts by him & applaud him but also be critical when he's not doing them because that is his asset.

Gaz just needs imo to reduce the game he has 0 impact

He can impact with minimal touches but he can’t go missing completely

Maybe sometimes even a run in a centre bounce or something

Yeah, I enjoyed Access All Area's analysis on the matter. People in glass houses, Clarko.

I know that Horse isn't everyone's cup of tea but he plays a very straight bat on those sorts of things. That way you don't end up looking like a petty hypocrite like Clarko or the Brothers Scott.

Off field horse always seems like a great guy with a dry sense of humour

Don’t always like his coaching but think he’s good when he is chatting in the media

Think our lack of a suitable replacement for Melican has impacted the consistency of both Mills and Rampe. Both have shown flashes but extra defensive responsibilities are taking a toll.
Need to find a special player to fill the void if Mills is taken out of that defensive group

Hmmm who is a player for us who can read play well and take intercept marks while contesting one on one?

Gaz just needs imo to reduce the game he has 0 impact

He can impact with minimal touches but he can’t go missing completely

Maybe sometimes even a run in a centre bounce or something
This is true but he is obviously loved by the club & they back his assets to come tgrough.
The problem with Gaz is when tbe ball doesn't get forward enough for him to do these things much like in the final against Geelong so not entirely his fault but yes,, stints down back often get him into the game.
Tell me you weren't relieved when he sprinted to mark that kick by Smith in the last minute, when at the same time soft cork Sicily backed out of the potential collision.

This is true but he is obviously loved by the club & they back his assets to come tgrough.
The problem with Gaz is when tbe ball doesn't get forward enough for him to do these things much like in the final against Geelong so not entirely his fault but yes,, stints down back often get him into the game.
Tell me you weren't relieved when he sprinted to mark that kick by Smith in the last minute, when at the same time soft cork Sicily backed out of the potential collision.

Rohan had no right to take that mark.

I just want Rohan to succeed

because he seems like a genuine nice guy, he is flashy, was a top pick and quite frankly been through a bit of crap and deserves a break

Hi All

If you don't think the AFL is corrupt and there is a no anti-Sydney Swans environment then have a look at this.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/clarkson-vs-sydney.1194017/

An AFL club coach can go the CEO of the AFL and whinge about a tactic or motion from an opposition team.

I bet that Clarkson would have never have mentioned the amount of blocking by their forwards.defenders from the Hawks.

Now you know why we get pinged all the time and we don't get the frees in our front 50.

Just happened to be listening to podcasts on a drive

Geez Clarko was a sook this weekend farkwit

especially when you consider how many of their first half goals came either directly or indirectly from favourable umpiring (eg breusts push in the back that was missed, the jumper hold richo lauded, the shephard lingy was on about), and the blatant free kicks that weren't paid to us in front of goal (a couple of slam dunk HTBs on Frawley).

I hate Clarkson. He coaches his teams to hoodwink the umpires. Like the way they sneak up behind guys on the mark and blindside them. Reminds me of Bill Belichek. Both very successful, but they have no honour.

Hi All

If you don't think the AFL is corrupt and there is a no anti-Sydney Swans environment then have a look at this.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/clarkson-vs-sydney.1194017/

An AFL club coach can go the CEO of the AFL and whinge about a tactic or motion from an opposition team.

I bet that Clarkson would have never have mentioned the amount of blocking by their forwards.defenders from the Hawks.

Now you know why we get pinged all the time and we don't get the frees in our front 50.
While I'm pretty shocked that they had a catchup like that it's interesting that Horse was able to reach out to Gil so quickly as well

“I spoke to Gil and asked what it was about. It has got nothing to do with Gil. He didn’t what the chat was about,” he said.

It looks like Gil will always answer the phone of senior individuals of the teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

especially when you consider how many of their first half goals came either directly or indirectly from favourable umpiring (eg breusts push in the back that was missed, the jumper hold richo lauded, the shephard lingy was on about), and the blatant free kicks that weren't paid to us in front of goal (a couple of slam dunk HTBs on Frawley).

I hate Clarkson. He coaches his teams to hoodwink the umpires. Like the way they sneak up behind guys on the mark and blindside them. Reminds me of Bill Belichek. Both very successful, but they have no honour.

Been saying this for years
The players learn how to get away with the 1 and 2%ers across many situations

I thought it was obvious that was a joke, isn't that what emoticons are used for?
Sometimes, I'm just really slow :(, but yes, I knew it was a joke... and thought I was joking back.

Sorry...

Well done Ben Ronke - the coaches enjoyed your games as much as we did :) AND Rising Star nomination

HAWTHORN v SYDNEY
10 Ben Ronke (Syd)
7 Luke Parker (Syd)
6 Jack Gunston (Haw)
3 Jake Lloyd (Syd)
2 Harry Cunningham (Syd)
1 Shaun Burgoyne (Haw)
1 Daniel Howe (Haw)
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-14/aflca-votes-round-eight

Oh bullshit... You've been sucked in by the AFL.com headline. Don't fall for it.

Clarko spoke perfectly well about the Swans. Gave you guys full credit. Said you wanted it more and showed our blokes up. Said you showed more polish and hunted the ball better than us around the contest and used it much better going inside fifty

He PRAISED your backline and complimented the way Rampe and Grundy block for each other. He openly admitted that we had no counter and said we were soundly trounced in this part of the ground.

What more do you want from an opposition coach? :rolleyes:

Sure, he was disappointed to lose. Yes, he was frustrated with the inconsistent application of the marking interference rule & said your defenders get away with a lot. But he was philosophical about it & acknowledged we aren't going to get those frees in the goal square. I think he was just expressing his general frustration with inconsistent umpiring rather than bitching about you guys or the loss.

We are deficient up forward. We can't take a mark. We can't even half a contest & bring the ball to ground. Roughie, Gunston and O'Brien are getting no favours from the umps. They're getting pushed around too easily and the lack of a marking target (or presence) is costing us dearly. Clarko is clearly unhappy with all of that.

I will never understand why opposition fans always try twist every press conference of Clarkson's into some imagined poor loser moanfest. The utensil heads at afl.com also seem to take weird pleasure in plucking quotes of his out of context and beating things up. Clarko's press conferences are always pretty good, I think.

Do you wanna see a poor loser? Check out this coach's after match presser vs Sydney: http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-04-28/full-postmatch-cats

Well played last night. Hated losing that, but I thought you guys were the better team.
Horse is doing a pretty good job. I think you're a good chance of getting back to the Grand Final this year :thumbsu:
Still reckon he's not a sore loser eh?

Bull *ingg s**t he's not. The angry midget needs a concrete sandwich...then some concrete shoes and a dip in Port Melbum bay.

Lloyd was out for the last couple losses too. Has been in for the wins!
True that. Last year vs the Hawks at the MCG was the game I realised how integral Lloyd is to our side. It would've been nice to have that realisation not the weekend I fly to Melbourne for the game and we get beaten though.

True that. Last year vs the Hawks at the MCG was the game I realised how integral Lloyd is to our side. It would've been nice to have that realisation not the weekend I fly to Melbourne for the game and we get beaten though.

The other one he got concussed in the first minute. Was that the one you went to? or the one where he was injured? Just saying you might have been caught unawares...because I think the first one at the MCG is the one he was injured in that first minute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back