Autopsy Round 8, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty soon this campaigners gonna have everyone on this board on ignore
Sharps - "I think this"

Anyone else - "I think you're wrong, here's why"

Sharps - "heck you! Ignored!!!"

How fragile can one person be? First day on the internet stuff.

I don’t know how you can have this view after last night. Last year we lose that game by 80.

We have an injury list that is same size as most other clubs. All reports say Yeo’s is pretty minor.

Reid isn’t injured, he had a quieter game, Essendon put a lot of work into him, and he got a lesson on the kind of attention he can expect from here on out.

We are streets ahead of where 90% of us thought we were going to be a month ago.

Absolutely 👍

Some dramatic reactions today. I’m very upset for Long if it is indeed an ACL. A year out for a talented young player is cause for major disappointment for sure 😢. However, zero concern with the other two injuries (Yeo & Waterman). I have no expectations on Yeo being fully fit for a whole season, sad as it is. Waterman will be out for a week or two and be back.

Harley was in his sixth game and has a long way to go still in terms of his development, fitness and ability to play under duress and with attention by opponents. Hopefully when he has another rest later this season we don’t lose our minds.

We are still a bottom four side and should be doing everything possible to maximise our finishing position to secure another top four draft pick. If that means continuing to cycle young players into the side, and simultaneously giving chances to the likes of Ryan to build their game again, then we should do it. The difference overall compared to a year ago is stark.

If the last two years hasn’t built resilience amongst our supporter base, nothing else will :)

Sharps - "I think this"

Anyone else - "I think you're wrong, here's why"

Sharps - "* you! Ignored!!!"

How fragile can one person be? First day on the internet stuff.

Sharps- I think x
You- so what you are saying is y
Sharps- no I think x
You- no I'm saying you think y
Everyone else- omg who ******* cares shut the heck up.
Sharps- ok I'm putting you on ignore because no-one else wants to hear you talk about how Sydney's Cola situation in the mid 2010's made it impossible for Hawthorn to keep Lance Franklin and how being forced to let a player go via free agency is technically different from a trade.
You- omg fragile much.
You- guys can you believe that sharps said we'd three-peat if we got rid of Oscar Allen, I'm making this disingenuous claim now for the first time because I planned on getting there after spending the rest of the day arguing about Buddy Franklin but he put me on ignore so I'm going to throw my haymaker now.

Just heck-off, I'm not fragile at all I can argue with you idiots all day but no-body wants to hear it and from my perspective its pointless because you are without any honour at all and are engaging only for the sake of straw manning my points into your own childish wins. This whole discussion had nothing to do with the thread engaging with the fact we've got way too many tall forwards and what are options are for managing that. if you had any interest in talking football you'd of offered an counter opinion that Allen is worth more to us than 2 top 10 mids and it was a stupid thing to even suggest. And I'd of said fair enough you're probably right, what do we do retire Darling? Trade Bailey Williams? Do land of the Giants? But you didn't do that did you.

Actually putting you on ignore now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharps- I think x
Sharps- no I think x
Everyone else- omg who ******* cares shut the * up.
Sharps- ok I'm putting you on ignore because no-one else wants to hear you talk about how Sydney's Cola situation in the mid 2010's made it impossible for Hawthorn to keep Lance Franklin and how being forced to let a player go via free agency is technically different from a trade.
You- omg fragile much.
You- guys can you believe that sharps said we'd three-peat if we got rid of Oscar Allen, I'm making this disingenuous claim now for the first time because I planned on getting there after spending the rest of the day arguing about Buddy Franklin but he put me on ignore so I'm going to throw my haymaker now.

Just *-off, I'm not fragile at all I can argue with you idiots all day but no-body wants to hear it and from my perspective its pointless because you are without any honour at all and are engaging only for the sake of straw manning my points into your own childish wins. This whole discussion had nothing to do with the thread engaging with the fact we've got way too many tall forwards and what are options are for managing that. if you had any interest in talking football you'd of offered an counter opinion that Allen is worth more to us than 2 top 10 mids and it was a stupid thing to even suggest. And I'd of said fair enough you're probably right, what do we do retire Darling? Trade Bailey Williams? Do land of the Giants? But you didn't do that did you.

Awkward Season 1 GIF by Nanalan'

Sharps- I think x
Sharps- no I think x
Everyone else- omg who ******* cares shut the * up.
You- omg fragile much.

Just *-off, I'm not fragile at all I can argue with you idiots all day but no-body wants to hear it and from my perspective its pointless because you are without any honour at all and are engaging only for the sake of straw manning my points into your own childish wins. This whole discussion had nothing to do with the thread engaging with the fact we've got way too many tall forwards and what are options are for managing that. if you had any interest in talking football you'd of offered an counter opinion that Allen is worth more to us than 2 top 10 mids and it was a stupid thing to even suggest. And I'd of said fair enough you're probably right, what do we do retire Darling? Trade Bailey Williams? Do land of the Giants? But you didn't do that did you.

Dude, you can't handle someone disagreeing with you and pointing out you're wrong, I get it.

No need to gaslight people because you can't handle being incorrect.

Who was the lad that used to go nuts with multi quotes? It's feeling like that again
You're thinking of Gunnar but the posting is different.

Peculiar behaviour to lose your head over someone pointing out that you are factually incorrect, with sources to back it up.

That's what having a fragile ego does, I guess.

Stability bis serving us well and any injuries are bad, but we are building so results are not everything. Wins do help build culture and confidence of course.

To this end Waterman we can live with for a week but long term possibilities are hurtful to individuals and our team chemistry. Hears hoping.

It was interesting to read Darling talking during the week about being afraid he was going to be dropped earlier in the season and begging Simmo to stick by him. He wants to play until he's 35 so we might have to figure something out with all these forwards because I don't think he means play WAFL until he's 35.

I agree that Darling is behind Maric as the best 3rd tall option but I am biased toward tall forwards actually being tall, and toward youth over experience in a rebuild. I think he'll hold his spot because he's working as hard as he's ever worked, but all that work is going to catch up with him pretty soon.

Here's an unpopular opinion though: with the benefit of hindsight we should have traded Allen last season for the big offers that came for him. He has an huge profile, several big teams are desperate for a key forward, and he is quite injury prone. I think we would have gotten overs for him. Of course no such thing would ever happen, but history would suggest we'll get by without him and the list overflows with forward options. If we had the chance again and 2 top 10 picks were on offer and this year runs deeper than last for mids, I'd do the deal. People will cry about the suggestion but Hawthorn traded away Buddy and still managed to threepeat.
DEFINITELY NOT!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back