Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayes alongside King is a way better combo than Hammer and King. Hayes knows where to lead and he can clunk marks and is a good kick for goal.. massive upgrade on Hammer and that's no diss to Hammer as he is still very young.
Had one good game in his AFL career, so let's hope he can back it up. If he does, then Membrey might struggle to hold his spot, though I would love to see Tim get back some form.

Not sure why people love Hayes? Played like 5 games and is 28 overrated I think
It must be remembered Hayes was one of the best players in the SAFL and if he can produce what he did at Sandringham last week we are going to have a very good marking target in the forward line - he is going to make us far better knowing he can also ruck.
The age is a non - factor - just look at Wood , did come good until 28.

If he plays his role it is going to cause havoc for teams , having to try to block 2 good (King and Hayes)contested marking players and with guys like Membery and Owens lurking on the fringes.

And with Wood and Webster back into the team strengthens us tremendously.
They are by no means superstars but for Lyons game plan they are vital pieces.
Webster can actually defend against smalls which we have missed and Woods assistance in the backline has been sorely missed - just gives us another marking option.

Now we just need Crouch , Clark or Dow back to help our midfield and we should put together a good run of games , if they can gel together.

Hayes alongside King is a way better combo than Hammer and King. Hayes knows where to lead and he can clunk marks and is a good kick for goal.. massive upgrade on Hammer and that's no diss to Hammer as he is still very young.

Yeah Hayes is a more experienced bigger body that we need up forward and he can provide Marshall some support in the ruck.

The Hammer and The Titanic are still young skinny kids despite their imposing nicknames, both could use some more time in the VFL and in the gym over the off season. I still have faith they will be quality players for us in the future but Hayes is better now.

Had one good game in his AFL career, so let's hope he can back it up. If he does, then Membrey might struggle to hold his spot, though I would love to see Tim get back some form.
He's played 6 games and has looked at least decent in every one. His one "good game" was absolutely outstanding.

Not saying he's going to come in and dominate but it's clear to me watching the VFL that he is a better player than Caminiti at this stage.

The unpluggered boys were saying they'd take any win, even a point...

Love the boys, but have to say I disagree here. We really need a big win, giving us some confidence going into the next few games. Have to put them to the sword.
And we are more than capable of it too.

If we can get within 10 points of some of the best teams in the comp on the road, we can win well against North on our home deck.

Some good changes really, Hayes being available was always going to see Sharman be sent back to Sandy swiftly.

Just need some luck now with injury so we can send some others back who have been gifted games.

Feel a bit better about this game now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong changes, team looks more balanced.

Surprised Collard hasn't gotten a proper run yet, considering our lack of zippy small forwards. Pou Byrnes and Bonner are certainly being given every chance!

another interesting week

Marshall v Xerri - Xerri went at Marshall's body in the prac game, might see Hayes/Campbell in if he doesn't get up, Hayes was very good today, and could well play if King doesn't get up.
Dow, badly needed to support Steele.

who knows who comes in for Higgins, maybe run Hastie/Garcia through the small fwd spot?, Collard possiblye but he's so small still
Webster back for Simpkin....:straining: missed him badly
do we need both Cordy and Dougal, don't understand how Dougal has become a worse footballer since arriving

Is King Camaniti and Hayes to tall up front?
Hayes :whitecheck:
Hastie/Garcia :whitecheck:
Webster :whitecheck:
Cordy :whitecheck:
Dow :crossmark:

I said it all days ago :) I'm glad Ross spoke to me on Tuesday to hear my thoughts :D
Not sure why people love Hayes? Played like 5 games and is 28 overrated I think
maybe, and he is 28, but he's that fwd/ruck combo we need with Marshall. if he can take 20% ruck time, it'd be huge to have a RoMa a little less gassed each game
Grea that Hastie is getting another game. This is Hayes big chance to impress, otherwise it will probably be back to Sandy. Webster needs to put in a big one, as Bonner has been getting a bit of the ball.
I think Bonner will be the Sub. Webster is a stopper, one we desperately need. Booner not so good defensively

The unpluggered boys were saying they'd take any win, even a point...

Love the boys, but have to say I disagree here. We really need a big win, giving us some confidence going into the next few games. Have to put them to the sword.

The boys don't have it in them at present, to win big that is.

So yes, I agree, we need to put teams to the sword that we "should" given what we have on the park and that we really should be benching to top 6 sort of discussions, yet, we always, without fail, s**t the bed in every opportunity we have.

So I'll agree with them we just need to win, start that ball rolling, start the belief cycle that you can build on it and it's sustainable and you can expand and grow from it, I just don't see how that's going to happen that we pump North.

The boys don't have it in them at present, to win big that is.

So yes, I agree, we need to put teams to the sword that we "should" given what we have on the park and that we really should be benching to top 6 sort of discussions, yet, we always, without fail, s**t the bed in every opportunity we have.

So I'll agree with them we just need to win, start that ball rolling, start the belief cycle that you can build on it and it's sustainable and you can expand and grow from it, I just don't see how that's going to happen that we pump North.
We are finally getting a key role players back - Webster , Wood , King and Hayes are massive inclusions , we got Howard back last week so we are starting to get back our experience which has been missed.

The main thing now is get the team to settled and start to get our game structure in the shape we need to win games - we get it right we are more than capable to beating any team by a good margin.

We are missing are few of our key smalls that are vital for us like Henry , Butler and now Higgins but really they are not going change our game plan , but Henry is one who just gives us a bit more speed around the forward line.

We get a few of these players back and I feel we could start to rack up wins even against the better teams.

I still feel a fit and inform Crouch and Clark a 2 players I feel we need to really get our best team back on the field.

We will never get a fully fit squad but having the extra midfielders is going to help big time.

It must be remembered Hayes was one of the best players in the SAFL and if he can produce what he did at Sandringham last week we are going to have a very good marking target in the forward line - he is going to make us far better knowing he can also ruck.
The age is a non - factor - just look at Wood , did come good until 28.

If he plays his role it is going to cause havoc for teams , having to try to block 2 good (King and Hayes)contested marking players and with guys like Membery and Owens lurking on the fringes.

And with Wood and Webster back into the team strengthens us tremendously.
They are by no means superstars but for Lyons game plan they are vital pieces.
Webster can actually defend against smalls which we have missed and Woods assistance in the backline has been sorely missed - just gives us another marking option.

Now we just need Crouch , Clark or Dow back to help our midfield and we should put together a good run of games , if they can gel together.
Hayes is the same height as Battle, can't be much of a relief ruck?

Membrey should have been dropped
Membrey just needs to be the 3rd tall and thrive off exposing opposition third tall defenders' lack of height. With all the focus on King, his leap will be a good mismatch especially vs Norf who dont have many key defenders

I am surprised Hayes has been picked to be honest. But he is a fan favorite after his stellar debut game (in 1907) and has not had a chance to tarnish that image in the intervening 116 years.

But his form at Sandy wasn't great, right?

Anyway, i am riding the happy wave because he represents hope and the others have been disappointments. (Except Cordy, who was coming off such a low base of expectation and I wondered whether he was another goal post prior to seeing some life over the past month)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back