Preview Round 8: Port Adelaide vs Essendon - Sunday, May 7th 1:10pm - Adelaide Oval

Who will win?

• Essendon

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Port

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one key defender in the side
And we have Jonas.

Honestly. I don’t know if you understand how detrimental that is too our defence.
It’s sad as he’s been a battler for us. But he’s cooked. And his inclusion throws out already iffy defence into disarray.

But in all seriousness I didn’t realise you guys were so underdone.

Seems like whoever wins the midfield battle wins the game, by the sounds of it. As we both have dodgey back halves.

And we have Jonas.

Honestly. I don’t know if you understand how detrimental that is too our defence.
It’s sad as he’s been a battler for us. But he’s cooked. And his inclusion throws out already iffy defence into disarray.

But in all seriousness I didn’t realise you guys were so underdone.

Seems like whoever wins the midfield battle wins the game, by the sounds of it. As we both have dodgey back halves.
Yeah but at least you have Dixon and Marshall compared to Weideman and, um, Phillips/Draper to kick to.

Feel that the Reid selection could be a bit of mind games.

Then again there is the fact that we are incredibly undersized down back, so we could very well be rolling the dice…

Still reckon we need Phillips. They have lack of height in defence and if Reid doesn't play a big height advantage with their forwards to the point we may need a ruckman dropping back. Weideman as a relief ruck takes away from our forward line

Pretty conflicted on Reid playing. On one hand, it does against what's been established previously about making sure players are right to go when selected for the AFL. On the other hand, want him to get games at the highest level and it does seem that the club has been conservative about letting players play fitness wise until they're ready to go.

If he does play, probably is the matchup for Marshall. That would then have BZT on Dixon and Ridley on Finlayson. Also frees up Langford to play wing with Durham out where he can roll back into the hole like he did in the second half last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty conflicted on Reid playing. On one hand, it does against what's been established previously about making sure players are right to go when selected for the AFL. On the other hand, want him to get games at the highest level and it does seem that the club has been conservative about letting players play fitness wise until they're ready to go.

If he does play, probably is the matchup for Marshall. That would then have BZT on Dixon and Ridley on Finlayson. Also frees up Langford to play wing with Durham out where he can roll back into the hole like he did in the second half last week.

Problem is we have 0 depth ahead of him right now; Laverde and Stewart both injured, Baldwin was sketchy AF in his first back after a concussion, Cox injured and not really a true KPD anyway. Our options are an even younger Hayes, or a Montgomerie who's not really that KPD we're trying to cover for either.

When we're playing Langford back and Ridley is playing as a genuine KPD, Reid is close to the best-22 simply by virtue of being nominally fit to play, whether his form demands it or not (unfortunately).

I'm guessing it'll be Reid, Perkins, Phillips and Heppell with Hind as sub and probably Snelling as travelling emergency

Defensive set up:

Tall: Zerk-Thatcher (Dixon), Reid (Marshall)
Medium: Ridley (Finlayson), Heppell (SPP) Kelly (Rioli)
Small: McGrath (McEntee), Redman (DBJ)

Midfield:

Wings: Langford, Martin
Inside: Parish, Shiel, Merrett, Caldwell, Setterfield
Rucks: Phillips, Draper

Forward:

Tall: Weideman (Jonas), Phillips/Draper (Aliir)
Medium: Stringer (McKenzie), Perkins (Burton)
Small: Walla (Houston), Hobbs (Bergman), Davey (Bonner)

Well he played the 23rd

They wouldve had him mimick somewhat a game load through training last weekend

Then we have the option of subs

As someone else said above

Marshall - Z.Reid
C.Dixon - Zerk

With Ridley providing 3rd up cover and a greater focus to that with this situation. Almost lets his man push up freely and focuses on being a kick behind the play at all time and comes over for IM or spoils to assist

Well he played the 23rd

They wouldve had him mimick somewhat a game load through training last weekend

Then we have the option of subs

As someone else said above

Marshall - Z.Reid
C.Dixon - Zerk

With Ridley providing 3rd up cover and a greater focus to that with this situation. Almost lets his man push up freely and focuses on being a kick behind the play at all time and comes over for IM or spoils to assist
If lord plays aswell I’d expect Reid to take him and Ridley to play on Marshall

Excited by the prospect of Reid playing. We were very conservative in getting him back to the VFL so he should be well and truly fit - albeit certainly not match fit

I dint know what I was more surprised,

1) Trent Dumont is on an AFL list

orrr

2) he is apparently ONLY 27
Another example of an ex-North player (Vice Captain) good enough to be on another team's list.

North destroyed their culture and values when they culled Boomer Harvey and three other champs on the same day.
What other club would force their record holder into retired with an email.
Their only strategy appears to be continual begging of the AFL for handouts as they delist their way to the No# 1 draft picks.
Where after receiving concession last year, they are already bleating for more draft concessions this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back